THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 08:50:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1522697 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: 19-Jun-14, 02:29:18 PM »

Two Fledges.
June 18, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

This morning we only had two on the ledge. One may have slipped out last evening either just before the storm or just after. The second one may have gone off early morning.  Ground search early this morning by Harry discovered Ralphie  sitting pool side at the hotel across the street from the Sheraton. While, Trout was discovered by the grounds keeper at “Osgoode Hall, north side of the Sheraton. Both were placed in carriers and appeared to be in good condition.

Today and this evening, Buzz and Oliver remained on the ledge, minimal vocalization and some flapping but only when one of the adults flew into view. No food drop was seen by me. Rhea Mae spent some time on the building across the street and in view of the juvies.  At dark she was seen on the south east corner of the Sheraton.

Trout and Ralphie were returned to the nest ledge after dark. Mark Nash, and Alex were on hand for the release. Both birds were examined a second time for injuries or illness and were given the OK to go back to the nest ledge.

It went well without incident. A quick camera check just after the release found the other two siblings in and near the nest tray. The two releases did not appear into camera view.

Many Thanks to Harry for his first solo rescue, great job and thank you for being there. Great big thanks to Irena at Osgoode Hall for scooping Trout and keeping him safe.  Thanks to Mark and Alex to do the hands on release. I appreciate it.

And finally, the Sheraton Centre Security and Staff for their patience and assistance. We couldn’t do this with out your help.

Many many thanks to all .

Lets hope the four siblings stay on the ledge so Momma Rhea Mae and Tiago can stuff them silly with food.

Thanks Donna and Linda!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 19-Jun-14, 03:06:06 PM »

Yes!  Thanks to Donna, Kris G, Ei and ALL the folks that take the time to post these updates.  Great job and much appreciated!   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: 20-Jun-14, 06:29:54 AM »

Sheraton juvie takes it's second flight this morning. Not sure which one it is as it's somewhat out of binocular range. It lost some height compared to the height of the Sheraton Hotel, but's it higher than street level. That's where it will have it's first sleep over. Three other juvies still on the nest ledge.

CPF  Yesterday

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: 20-Jun-14, 07:57:39 AM »

(Thursday) Early morning flight.
June 19, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:

Morning Shift:  Around 8am one of the chicks took off.  He was
heading west, flapping frantically.  I couldn’t spot him from
Sheraton 43 but saw Rhea Mae circling just south of Adelaide.  I
started a ground and low building search and found him a half hour
later.  He was near the top of the Northbridge building, just across
from 120 Adelaide W. Mom spent the better part of an hour with him
and he was fed after much screeching.  By 11am no peregrine was
visible anywhere - likely all sleeping.  It’s too bad I couldn’t see
the tape on the Northbridge bird to see if it was one of yesterday’s
rescues.
Posted on June 19, 2014 2:05 pm

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: 20-Jun-14, 09:18:43 AM »

Second attempt at flight
June 20, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

This evening, it was reported from the day shift, that one of the fledgling had taken a second attempt at flight.  I found it exactly in the area it was last spotted. The little guy stayed there all evening and was still there at night fall and the end of the watch for the night. Three remain on the nest ledge. Not sure who we have off the ledge until we can get a visual on the band colour.

The Watch continues, and as the young become mobile more assistance will be needed to follow them to ensure they are flying well and staying high.  King St watch will be starting soon as well.
Posted on June 20, 2014 9:15 am

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: 20-Jun-14, 10:02:14 AM »

Second attempt at flight
Linda Woods Reports:

This evening, it was reported from the day shift, that one of the fledgling had taken a second attempt at flight.  I found it exactly in the area it was last spotted. The little guy stayed there all evening and was still there at night fall and the end of the watch for the night. Three remain on the nest ledge. Not sure who we have off the ledge until we can get a visual on the band colour.

The Watch continues, and as the young become mobile more assistance will be needed to follow them to ensure they are flying well and staying high.  King St watch will be starting soon as well.

I wish I lived closer.   Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 20-Jun-14, 01:06:28 PM »

Second attempt at flight
Linda Woods Reports:

I wish I lived closer.   Sad

I may have to move!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: 21-Jun-14, 07:02:42 AM »

Two in view, two out of view

Linda Woods Reports:

It has been a relatively quiet evening for the most part. These birds have been really quiet vocally this year, and not sounding off to give up their locations.  One juvie remains unflighted and still in camera view. The three others are not near each other in order for one person to see them .  One juvie could be seen on the west side of the Old Bell building south east of the nest building.  We scoured the roof lines trying to locate they other two, but no luck. They were just sitting out of view from any angle. As I returned to base, one juvie flew low over head and landed on a shorter building south of the Sheraton, it stayed there for a while walking back and forth trying to figure out which was to fly.  It took off in flight south of Adelaide and I was not able to track it very far before it was out of my sight line due to the height of the building. No further sighting of any juvies with the exception of the unflighted bird on the nest ledge.  Eventually one juvie was spotted in the same spot as it was last evening. Not sure how long it was there, but it was high off the ground and safe for the night.

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 21-Jun-14, 01:05:13 PM »

Posted on Facebook:

This just in from the Sheraton Watch Saturday 11:05 am.  Harry, Bruce and Alex have all four in view. Three are just south of the Sheraton and one on the nest ledge. Yeah.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 21-Jun-14, 02:04:19 PM »

Posted on Facebook:

This just in from the Sheraton Watch Saturday 11:05 am.  Harry, Bruce and Alex have all four in view. Three are just south of the Sheraton and one on the nest ledge. Yeah.

*sweating* good news, thanks J

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: 21-Jun-14, 04:08:42 PM »

Posted on Facebook:

Y A Y

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 22-Jun-14, 08:40:37 PM »

2 on the ledge-one hasn't flown yet, so the other must have made it back to the nest ledge...yay!!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 22-Jun-14, 10:27:40 PM »

clap happy

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 22-Jun-14, 11:08:55 PM »

One unfledged, one returns
June 22, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

One juvie has made it back to the nest ledge! Too bad we can’t confirm who it is, but good for him.

One is still to fly, and the other two are making short flights back and forth from building south of the nest.

Watch continues

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 24-Jun-14, 09:14:50 AM »

Oliver and Buzz
June 23, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Oliver remains unfledged, while Buzz appears to be returning to the ledge. Tracy was able to capture a webcam image late this afternoon and caught the tape colours. Although the tape colours confirm who is on the ledge, we can’t be sure that it is indeed Oliver who remains unflighted.  At night fall Bruce had sightings of all four juvies.  Will post any additional information about todays coverage of the fledge watch when it comes available.  Harry, Alex, Brue, Tracy and Nancy  were on hand during today’s watch.
Posted on June 23, 2014 11:25 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: