THE FORUM

18-Oct-24, 02:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1546463 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: 24-Jun-14, 09:15:11 AM »

Sheraton Full report
June 24, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Bruce Massey Reports:

Not much to report,
0600 Hrs.-Checked Cam @ visible 1 chick Flapping.
0700 Hrs-Checked @ ledge none visible on ledge.
0720 Hrs -Started checking all the usual spots. Also keep looking up @ ledge & at least someone slept in.
0750 Hrs- Harry arrived & stayed @ Sheraton while I too a quick trip to King St.
1000 Hrs. Arrived back @ Sheraton, obviously  a second bird slept in.
1100 Hrs- With Alex coming to relieve Harry, I headed  back to King St.
1430 Hrs. Arrived back @ Sheraton from King St. after being relieved.  Only one juvenile in Nest, moved over to Richmond & University as a Film Crew had taken over York between Adelaide & Richmond.
1700 Hrs. -Joined by new Volunteer Nancy.
1900 Hrs.- After sheltering from a hour or so long rain shower, decided to go for a Walk about.  When we got to Yonge & Adelaide I saw a bird on SW Corner of 130 Adelaide looking SW.  Sure enough when we went to Shepard & Temperance, first one then a 2nd Juvenile showed up on SE corner 141 Adelaide.  One of those birds took flight and as  Nancy glanced back to the Sheraton she there’s. a bird @ roof level.  With the bird having it’s back to us & the lousy light it was hard to tell if was Adult or Juvenile.
0800 Hrs. - Confirmed above Bird indeed Juvenile.
0840 Hrs.- Confirmed above bird had joined sibling in NL.
0915 Hrs- Closed Down w/2  on ledge.
Posted on June 24, 2014 12:46 am
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 24-Jun-14, 03:06:42 PM »

thumbsup thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 24-Jun-14, 03:29:11 PM »

Haven't seen Oliver since this morning. Wonder if he (or she-cannot imagine a boy would take this long to fledge) finally took the leap?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 24-Jun-14, 09:43:55 PM »

Not sure who this is, but he's got a full crop!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: 25-Jun-14, 05:12:14 AM »

Took some digging but I found the post...Oliver fledged! I'll copy the post over later.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 25-Jun-14, 06:56:10 AM »

Looks like CPF is having some posting issues-but I found it!

!!! Oliver takes flight
June 24, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Oliver, Sheraton’s fourth juvenile took his first flight today, unseen. He was spotted on a building just south of the hotel. Yeah! Finally. The other three our doing well staying high and out of trouble. I hope the three keep Oliver company and show him how it’s done.  Rhea Mae and Tiago are keeping watch on all four.
Posted on June 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 26-Jun-14, 03:03:44 PM »

These I will copy & paste...

Four boys doing well.
June 25, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:

Morning Shift:  At 9:15 I had all four boys in view.  Three were
being fed by Rhea Mae and one was perched nearby, watching.  All
four are very high up.  There was no serious flying seen but just
visits to adjacent buildings.  This is good as we had showers off
and on all morning.
Posted on June 26, 2014 1:11 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 The boys are flying high!
June 26, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:

Morning Shift:  I had all four boys in view from street level this
morning.  There was much more flying than yesterday and they all
remained high.  They made so much noise that a number of people were
pointing them out.  One of them made a couple of trips back to the
nest ledge.
Posted on June 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 27-Jun-14, 08:00:35 AM »

I knew it!

Oliver comes to ground
June 27, 2014 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton Sheraton
Linda Woods Reports:

Sheraton’s last fledgling came to ground level this afternoon. What a surprise that must have been for all the foot traffic in the busiest part of the downtown core.  Oliver, who we are thinking is really Olivia was late in fledging which had us thinking that perhaps at banding being youngest was really female. Hard to say at the time of banding as the weight and size did not fully point to either male or female.

There were no injuries and a beautiful bird to say the least. Olivia will be kept overnight and examined on Friday by Ministry of Natural Resources biologist.

The other three were not in view this evening, probably camped out in the shade and exploring areas beyond our view from the nest area. I’m sure they’ll come closer to home for the night as they always do.

Many Thanks to Marcy and Security Staff of the Financial Building on University Ave for alerting us to the grounded peregrine.

Toronto Sheraton Guest Services and Toronto Sheraton Hotel Security for once again assisting our volunteers.
Posted on June 27, 2014 12:14 am
Observation for Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton Sheraton

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 27-Jun-14, 09:56:25 AM »

So it's three boys and a girl!  Glad Olivia's doing okay.   thumbsup

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 27-Jun-14, 02:46:18 PM »

Rhea Mae! Good to see her!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: 28-Jun-14, 08:45:12 AM »

Downtown Toronto is busy with thousands of people here for the Jazz Festival and World Pride celebrations. Oliver came down to street level on Thursday afternoon and was kept over night. The bird was examined by MNR and to confirm our suspicions, Oliver is really Olivia. Her bands were changed to larger female bands, her tape colour is the same.
Olivia was returned to the nest ledge at the Sheraton this evening by Mark Nash and myself. She is healthy and strong and ready to go. Just after the release, she sat, jumped onto the box camera flapped her wings and then jumped onto the ledge looking out. Food was delivered sometime after 8p.m. A second fledgling returned the ledge to join her. I think it's Buzz as he likes to overnight at home.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 28-Jun-14, 03:41:58 PM »

Downtown Toronto is busy with thousands of people here for the Jazz Festival and World Pride celebrations. Oliver came down to street level on Thursday afternoon and was kept over night. The bird was examined by MNR and to confirm our suspicions, Oliver is really Olivia. Her bands were changed to larger female bands, her tape colour is the same.
Olivia was returned to the nest ledge at the Sheraton this evening by Mark Nash and myself. She is healthy and strong and ready to go. Just after the release, she sat, jumped onto the box camera flapped her wings and then jumped onto the ledge looking out. Food was delivered sometime after 8p.m. A second fledgling returned the ledge to join her. I think it's Buzz as he likes to overnight at home.

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 28-Jun-14, 11:27:25 PM »

Go Olivia!   Thanks to all the CPF folks who volunteer for the fledge watches and help with the rescues!  clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 29-Jun-14, 10:49:19 PM »

Toronto Sheraton:
Oliver ( Olivia ) has left the ledge. She is sitting on a lower roof top just south of the hotel. She looks like she needs more time, some breezes to get her going and gaining height.
The other three are tearing up the skies giving chase to the adults. Wow, some great flying.   thumbsup

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 30-Jun-14, 02:50:44 PM »

Olivia is still taking her time
June 29, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Olivia is still hanging tight to her comfortable spot just south of the Sheraton Hotel. Although high, it is low compared to the surrounding buildings.  Buzz, Trout and Ralphie are having a great time chasing Rhea Mae and Tiago with short games of tag, screaming all the way. What great flying and so nice to see for a change.  Most times all the activity is blocked from our view because of the office towers.

Hopefully tomorrow, Olivia will regain her confidence and put those wings to work.
Posted on June 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: