THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409411 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 05-Apr-10, 09:12:37 PM »

A picture of all 4 eggs on the CPF site

!!! Finally, a colour picture
April 05, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

After many attempts for a colour photo of Rhea Mae and Tiago’s four eggs, finally this morning around 11:15. It was a quick hand off of the nest, not even enough time to snap a second photo of either adult.

So here it is, the fab four.
Posted on April 5, 2010 7:00 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 05-Apr-10, 09:45:18 PM »

What a beautiful sight!

A picture of all 4 eggs on the CPF site

!!! Finally, a colour picture
April 05, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

After many attempts for a colour photo of Rhea Mae and Tiago’s four eggs, finally this morning around 11:15. It was a quick hand off of the nest, not even enough time to snap a second photo of either adult.

So here it is, the fab four.
Posted on April 5, 2010 7:00 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 19-Apr-10, 06:04:54 AM »

This is Rhea and Tiago's offspring from last year so I put it here, if it's the wrong place feel free to move it  notworthy

!!! Stormin Spotted Not Far From Home
April 18, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Frank Butson Reports:
Thanks to an email from my friend Leslie Kinrys,I was alerted to a posting on the Tommy Thompson Park (Leslie Street Spit)banding station blog which reported seeing a banded Peregrine Falcon for most of one day perched in a tree,near their banding station. This sighting took place sometime between April 7th and April 13th.  The band number was clearly seen and photographed(a photo may be added later) which was black over black,30/Y. CPF was quickly able to provide the identity of this bird. The Peregrine was named Stormin,who was banded in Toronto at The Sheraton Centre  Hotel on May 28th 2009. It’s great to hear back about one of the Peregrines which CPF  helped band and is most rewarding for the volunteers who helped take care of the Peregrines during fledging time and the staff at the Sheraton Centre Hotel itself,who are such good stewards of their Peregrine family.
valhalla
« Reply #138 on: 19-Apr-10, 06:09:33 AM »

This is Rhea and Tiago's offspring from last year so I put it here, if it's the wrong place feel free to move it  notworthy

The Peregrine was named Stormin,who was banded in Toronto at The Sheraton Centre  Hotel on May 28th 2009. It’s great to hear back about one of the Peregrines which CPF  helped band and is most rewarding for the volunteers who helped take care of the Peregrines during fledging time and the staff at the Sheraton Centre Hotel itself,who are such good stewards of their Peregrine family.

Great news!  Maybe she'll head to NYS to visit with her cousins in the States!   Wink
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 19-Apr-10, 07:20:43 AM »

Great News!   clap

I'm not sure we've ever had news of one of Rhea Mae and Tiago's young after they left Toronto.  I do believe that Stormin was a small male, but I'm not 100% sure.  I'll have to check my pics when I get home.

Thanks for posting this Carly and of course you got it in the right section.  All news of Mariah and Kaver offspring, including any of their offspring and so on and so on........ belong here.   thumbsup

Frank Butson Reports:
Thanks to an email from my friend Leslie Kinrys,I was alerted to a posting on the Tommy Thompson Park (Leslie Street Spit)banding station blog which reported seeing a banded Peregrine Falcon for most of one day perched in a tree,near their banding station. This sighting took place sometime between April 7th and April 13th.  The band number was clearly seen and photographed(a photo may be added later) which was black over black,30/Y. CPF was quickly able to provide the identity of this bird. The Peregrine was named Stormin,who was banded in Toronto at The Sheraton Centre  Hotel on May 28th 2009. It’s great to hear back about one of the Peregrines which CPF  helped band and is most rewarding for the volunteers who helped take care of the Peregrines during fledging time and the staff at the Sheraton Centre Hotel itself,who are such good stewards of their Peregrine family.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 19-Apr-10, 01:37:40 PM »

happy happy happy  How wonderful!!!  I don't remember ever hearing of  a sighting of one of their offspring

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 25-Apr-10, 09:00:41 AM »

Both cams not working at Sheraton...Rhea Mae cam frozen since 10:24 am yesterday.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 25-Apr-10, 09:05:16 AM »

The cam situation there has been most frustrating & aggravating this year.  I keep wondering if our old main cam is still functional enough to donate to the cause.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 25-Apr-10, 09:40:44 AM »

The cam situation there has been most frustrating & aggravating this year.  I keep wondering if our old main cam is still functional enough to donate to the cause.

I agree, the cam closest to the eggs is bad...too bright, can't see anything. What did they do?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 25-Apr-10, 09:48:08 AM »

I agree, the cam closest to the eggs is bad...too bright, can't see anything. What did they do?

I think the cam is broken...I think it got stuck on the night setting so any sunlight blows out the picture, and it's a sunny ledge most of the time.  We'll just have to count on the on site watchers to count beaks during the day...should start hatching end of this week.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 25-Apr-10, 05:40:35 PM »

Definite problems with the Sheraton Cameras.  Received the following two emails from Linda Woods:

Hi Carol,
No luck with rebooting, I think we may not have internet anymore. Just as I got to the nest, they did a hand off of the nest, and I clearly saw all four eggs.  Perhaps next week at the earliest for a hatch. I'll have to check everyday.  Rhea Mae and Tiago are doing a good job.

Hi There,
 A quick check on the Sheraton and Tiago was doing his time on the eggs. They like to keep tight under the camera, so even seeing them live can be difficult.  But I saw no sign of hatch this morning. No egg shells yet.
SOON. - Linda W.

Linda attempted to reboot the system but was unable to.  Hopefully it will be back on line soon.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 25-Apr-10, 05:46:04 PM »

Definite problems with the Sheraton Cameras.  Received the following two emails from Linda Woods:

Hi Carol,
No luck with rebooting, I think we may not have internet anymore. Just as I got to the nest, they did a hand off of the nest, and I clearly saw all four eggs.  Perhaps next week at the earliest for a hatch. I'll have to check everyday.  Rhea Mae and Tiago are doing a good job.

Hi There,
 A quick check on the Sheraton and Tiago was doing his time on the eggs. They like to keep tight under the camera, so even seeing them live can be difficult.  But I saw no sign of hatch this morning. No egg shells yet.
SOON. - Linda W.

Linda attempted to reboot the system but was unable to.  Hopefully it will be back on line soon.

What a shame...I feel bad. We can't miss her eggs hatching. I'm sure she will figure it out soon. I hope. Thanks Carol.  Sad

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 26-Apr-10, 09:03:32 AM »

posting on canadian peregrine site:

!!! Cameras down, No hatch yet
April 25, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

Both cameras are down, and at this time I don’t have a clue as to why. Incubation continues, and with the cooler weather today, Rhea Mae and Tiago are hanging tight to the eggs.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 26-Apr-10, 09:23:02 AM »

posting on canadian peregrine site:

!!! Cameras down, No hatch yet
April 25, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

Both cameras are down, and at this time I don’t have a clue as to why. Incubation continues, and with the cooler weather today, Rhea Mae and Tiago are hanging tight to the eggs.

Oh no....poor Linda.....what to do! Thanks jeanne. Maybe someone here can help Linda.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 28-Apr-10, 07:21:32 AM »

Linda checked the Sheraton nestsite again yesterday, no hatches yet.

She attempted to work on the computer again with no luck.  She's hoping to have things back up and running soon.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: