THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:55:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409771 times)
windatmyback
Small Clutch

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 02-May-10, 04:55:30 PM »

Hey Everyone;
I was to the nest site today around 11:00am ? and waited for a handing off. I missed it trying to confirm leg bands off the male. The two of them are really quick about it. I tried to take a picture but the actual camera blocks a clear view of the little ones. Rhea Mae and Tiago have nested in the lower left hand side of the nest box, as they did last year. This makes it difficult to take an actual photo. Altho the image on the webcam is better angle, it is a lot different actually viewing the nest live. The lens has a lot of dust and dirt on it, throwing off a lot glare. I hope to clean it when we band the birds.
I could see two chickies... oh so sweet and so teeny tiny.... but cannot confirm a third. But I will take the word and observations of all the eagles eyes watching the webcam. THANKS everyone!
If someone has noted a feeding schedule, pls let me know, so I can time it to be there for the next feed.  thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 02-May-10, 05:22:01 PM »

Hey Everyone;
I was to the nest site today around 11:00am ? and waited for a handing off. I missed it trying to confirm leg bands off the male. The two of them are really quick about it. I tried to take a picture but the actual camera blocks a clear view of the little ones. Rhea Mae and Tiago have nested in the lower left hand side of the nest box, as they did last year. This makes it difficult to take an actual photo. Altho the image on the webcam is better angle, it is a lot different actually viewing the nest live. The lens has a lot of dust and dirt on it, throwing off a lot glare. I hope to clean it when we band the birds.
I could see two chickies... oh so sweet and so teeny tiny.... but cannot confirm a third. But I will take the word and observations of all the eagles eyes watching the webcam. THANKS everyone!
If someone has noted a feeding schedule, pls let me know, so I can time it to be there for the next feed.  thumbsup

Yay, someone there to keep us informed. Thanks for the observations Wind. Look forward to your next post and maybe some pics. Welcome! 2thumbsup

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 02-May-10, 05:30:18 PM »

Yay, someone there to keep us informed. Thanks for the observations Wind. Look forward to your next post and maybe some pics. Welcome! 2thumbsup

Psssst!  secret2 Don't tell anyone.  secret2 It's a big secret.   secret2

Wind is Linda W...   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 02-May-10, 05:36:27 PM »

Hey Everyone;
I was to the nest site today around 11:00am ? and waited for a handing off. Rhea Mae and Tiago have nested in the lower left hand side of the nest box, as they did last year.
I could see two chickies... oh so sweet and so teeny tiny.... but cannot confirm a third.

Might this be Linda incognito?  Sherlock Holmes  Welcome aboard!

I definitely saw 3.  There was another feeding around 3...so every couple of hours...and there were 3 heads for sure.  Of course, I got home & went to copy the pictures off my flash drive...and nothing!  I was in such a hurry to leave I guess I copied them to the common drive at work instead of my flash...tomorrow for sure!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 02-May-10, 05:46:42 PM »

Yay  secret2

Speaking of Wind, the peregrine, has she been seen???

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 02-May-10, 05:53:41 PM »

Shocked scared blue  should have known by the name Wind.... hysterical She's tricky!  police

windatmyback
Small Clutch

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 02-May-10, 06:46:27 PM »

I believe "Wind" is currently nesting at Mt.Sinai Hospital, on University Ave, Just up the street from the Sheraton Nest site. Don't have an ID on the male as yet. Need a power scope for that. Wind paid us a visit last year when we observing the Mt.Sinai nest site. She came very close to us. We we dove for cover, she came to rest on a area, where I was able to confirm her leg bands. Friday, the same person was again observing the pair and confirmed the band colours of the female, but not the numbers. But given creatures of habit, her resting spots are the same as last year, so I'm confident that it is Wind nesting at Mt.Sinai Hospital.  That would be wonderful if it is Windwhistler, as her mate. Both Wind and Windwhistler were hatched in 1998, so that is pushing the age. Windwhistler was hatched in Etobicoke,( Toronto )
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 02-May-10, 06:50:20 PM »

I was so happy to here that Wind was ok last year.   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
anneintoronto
« Reply #188 on: 02-May-10, 07:30:22 PM »

I was so happy to here that Wind was ok last year.   clap

I'm glad to know about Wind, too.  I was of mixed feelings, when Rhea Mae took over, as I was thrilled to see her, but worried about Wind.  I sure would be happy to know that Windwhistler was with Wind.  They made a good couple for a long time.  But, with two families for so many years, Windwhistler may have worn himself out!  hysterical  Anyway, thanks for the updates from cam watchers and Linda Woods aka Wind!

Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 03-May-10, 09:01:54 AM »

YIKES!  The nest cam is worse than ever!  Sun is really bright there this morning...and someone is up on the standpipe

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 03-May-10, 01:52:22 PM »

I believe "Wind" is currently nesting at Mt.Sinai Hospital, on University Ave, Just up the street from the Sheraton Nest site. Don't have an ID on the male as yet. Need a power scope for that. Wind paid us a visit last year when we observing the Mt.Sinai nest site. She came very close to us. We we dove for cover, she came to rest on a area, where I was able to confirm her leg bands. Friday, the same person was again observing the pair and confirmed the band colours of the female, but not the numbers. But given creatures of habit, her resting spots are the same as last year, so I'm confident that it is Wind nesting at Mt.Sinai Hospital.  That would be wonderful if it is Windwhistler, as her mate. Both Wind and Windwhistler were hatched in 1998, so that is pushing the age. Windwhistler was hatched in Etobicoke,( Toronto )

Linda, thank you so much!  I am so glad that Wind is around.  I was thrilled to know where Rhea Mae is but sad when she displaced Wind.  It is a story we are so familiar with now with our birds.  It also gives hope that Mariah is around, which I think is the case!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 03-May-10, 03:14:35 PM »

3:11PM...feeding going on right now...3 beaks seen so far...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 03-May-10, 03:32:46 PM »

She's back sitting on them...the best capture of 3 eyases is attached.  Can't say if there might have been another under the pile...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 03-May-10, 05:47:13 PM »

Linda posted on the CPF website...confirmed 3 eyases & 1 egg to go!

!!! LUNCH!
May 03, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:
Finally, I was  able to capture and witness a feed.  After so many days of missing it by a few minutes. Today, I just arrived and Rhea Mae  began feeding her three little ones.

One egg still to hatch.

Posted on May 3, 2010 3:49 pm

anneintoronto
« Reply #194 on: 03-May-10, 08:25:50 PM »

Linda posted on the CPF website...confirmed 3 eyases & 1 egg to go!

!!! LUNCH!
May 03, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:
Finally, I was  able to capture and witness a feed.  After so many days of missing it by a few minutes. Today, I just arrived and Rhea Mae  began feeding her three little ones.

One egg still to hatch.

Oh Linda!  You've brought happy tears to my eyes.  Can one doubt Mother Nature when one sees such beautiful eyases and a caring parent.  Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos with us!

Best Wishes,
Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: