THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:26:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409836 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: 24-Feb-18, 06:56:30 PM »

Sounds like you guys have your work cut out for you. Good luck!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: 24-Feb-18, 09:44:29 PM »

More questions than answers now.  Definitely 2 birds on site at Sheraton- unbanded female and male (no idea if he's banded or not as though he was flying with her he wouldn't come close enough for us to see his legs).  Both were defending the territory together, both courtship flying together.  She went to ledge several times - he didn't go near the ledge.  We were in lounge area right under the nest ledge and could see them flying in front of us and her going up to the ledge. These two were definitely 'owning this territory', there was no 'we're strangers here, they know the place and acted like they own it.

Two at King,  chit chatting to each other and acting like a bonded pair...bowing behind pillar on nest ledge there and perched nearby both times we were there.  Sadly I don't have a cell phone otherwise we could have split up with one at each site to see if we had 2 pairs or 1 pair going back and forth.

Questions:  Are new female and Stormin going to both sites?  Why would Stormin not go to his birth ledge - the male seemed quite comfortable in the area when were there but wouldn't go near the ledge?  Do we have 2 unbanded females?  One new pair at Sheraton and new mate at King for Stormin?  Are the Sheraton pair the ones from Rogers Centre?  Female there is unbanded and before we left there the male flew south in that direction.

So a good visit in one sense but more questions than answers now.  And where are RM and Tiago?  Safe somewhere together we hope.

Thanks for all your sleuth work today.  Hard to believe that RM & T might not have this territory any longer..just hope they’re safe and still together.  It’ll be interesting as to what the coming weeks reveal.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: 25-Feb-18, 12:21:41 PM »

Well this unbanded female is definitely interested in the nest tray but the male not at all so far .  She keeps trying to draw him there but he's not biting yet.  She's trying again right now as I watch the cam.

Those 2 glass towers really ruined this territory.  They essentially cut the territory in half and leave whoever is there blind sided.  They're surrounded on 3 sides by other falcon sites so I can see why they'd move on.  You really see it when you are up on the 43 floor - those 2 monstrosities are taller than TS and block the King Site from view completely and they block half the view south.  It's like someone put a big hand up in front of one of your eyes and you can only see out of one eye.

Now if you're one of the two sites on either side I suppose it could work as you'd have expanded your territory and increased your hunting area but honestly the other two sites are at a better advantage in many ways as you can go down to the lake right from either site.  For King though having a nest tray here is a big plus.  Rogers has a tray but they are on a sports building with a retractable roof and that's caused many issues down there for the fledglings.

« Last Edit: 25-Feb-18, 12:30:42 PM by carly » Logged
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: 26-Feb-18, 08:56:55 AM »

A female at the nest this morning:

Gone at 8:28 a.m.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: 26-Feb-18, 09:48:23 AM »

She's back again for the third time this morning already.  Record warm temps expected here the next few days so should be lots of activity.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: 26-Feb-18, 10:09:30 AM »

Same female as earlier back again:

This is not what I want to see. Rhea Mae and Tiago, where are you?
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: 26-Feb-18, 12:13:45 PM »

I agree Alison. It breaks my heart that Rhea Mae and Tiago are no longer at the Sheraton. I was so thrilled when she arrived there. Couldn't believe that we'd be able to watch her raise her young and on camera. It was a dream come true. I think about her and her mom Mariah every day.

I pray that she and Tiago are safe and together and that we see them both again soon.  pray

Be safe Rhea Mae and Tiago.  wub2 heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: 26-Feb-18, 12:52:58 PM »

I agree Alison. It breaks my heart that Rhea Mae and Tiago are no longer at the Sheraton. I was so thrilled when she arrived there. Couldn't believe that we'd be able to watch her raise her young and on camera. It was a dream come true. I think about her and her mom Mariah every day.

I pray that she and Tiago are safe and together and that we see them both again soon.  pray

Be safe Rhea Mae and Tiago.  wub2 heart

I agree 100% with everything you said, Carol. I have loved watching Rhea Mae and Tiago and their chicks each year. If one of them had gone missing, I would have to start to think that something had happened to them, but with both of them seemingly gone, it does give me some hope that they may have found another nest site, and are safe somewhere.  heart heart
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: 26-Feb-18, 01:13:38 PM »

I, too, am sad but hopeful for Rhea Mae and Tiago.   heart heart

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: 26-Feb-18, 02:31:25 PM »

The fact that they both are not there gives me hope that they are elsewhere. Its been so wonderful to watch them.  I hope they will be seen soon at another place that is safe

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: 27-Feb-18, 09:21:29 AM »

9.15 am and another visit this morning.  Very fierce looking.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: 27-Feb-18, 10:08:24 AM »

The female this morning:

And then gone at 9:18 a.m.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: 27-Feb-18, 12:31:11 PM »