THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 09:29:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 217   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1416410 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 08-Jun-10, 08:50:53 AM »

From the Sheraton:!

!!! Way To Go, Star, First Flight For Legacy
June 08, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

After over nighting   at the old day care, Star, finally made another flight.  He ended up on the Keg Restaurant.  For many years now, volunteers have wondered what it might be like to enjoy a meal at the Keg while watching a fledgling on an adjacent building.  But once again we are teased as we watch from the outside, while Star stood directly over the entrance. I found star shortly after arriving on site.

The group of volunteers had to endeavour the day around the Keg, with the wonderful aromas of Grilled foods, knowing Star was there but could not see him.  I guess with all the BBQ smoke, enough was enough for the little guy and he took flight again around 7p.m.

He came towards York Street and banked left and headed south along York St. to Adelaide and gaining height. As soon as he turned left at Adelaide Street. I started to question myself, ” was that really a Juvie and not a peregrine wanna be pigeon?”  I last saw him gaining height heading towards the Lombard building on Adelaide ( party hat).  I lost track of him.  Bruce and I started searching this general area. I retraced my steps, re visioned the flight path.  A ha! I found him, and good for him. He had made it all the way up to the west facing side of the Lombard building and landed dead centre of the west facing glass panel window, sitting at the base. Dead centre. The sun was shining on this area and when I looked. He was sitting straight up and looking proud as punch.  Good Job, good strong flight.

From that area, he took a few more flights west, ending up on the Dominon Building at Adelaide and University, tried to head for the DBRS across the street, circled back and headed west towards University. At one time Star had given Marion and I a scare. He was last seen headed for the  Shangra La construction site, but had circlled back and ended up on a tight window ledge behind the Dominion Building.

Legacy ( Red ) Took first Today and I was not there to see it.  But Zoe and Harry did.  At last light for the day, Legacy was still on the west, south west corner of  the Bell building on Adelaide St. Where he had been for the most of the day. This building is high, so a good flight for him.

Lorenzo ( yellow) the youngest was fed on the ledge, this evening around 7:00p.m.  He is the youngest and I guess he’ll enjoy the room to himself for the next day or so until he takes his first flight.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 08-Jun-10, 09:43:30 AM »

Good report! thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 08-Jun-10, 10:14:08 AM »

Thanks jeanne...time flies and so do falcons! 2thumbsup

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 08-Jun-10, 02:15:06 PM »

From the Sheraton:!

!!! Way To Go, Star, First Flight For Legacy
June 08, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

After over nighting   at the old day care, Star, finally made another flight.  He ended up on the Keg Restaurant.  For many years now, volunteers have wondered what it might be like to enjoy a meal at the Keg while watching a fledgling on an adjacent building.  But once again we are teased as we watch from the outside, while Star stood directly over the entrance. I found star shortly after arriving on site.

The group of volunteers had to endeavour the day around the Keg, with the wonderful aromas of Grilled foods, knowing Star was there but could not see him.  I guess with all the BBQ smoke, enough was enough for the little guy and he took flight again around 7p.m.

He came towards York Street and banked left and headed south along York St. to Adelaide and gaining height. As soon as he turned left at Adelaide Street. I started to question myself, ” was that really a Juvie and not a peregrine wanna be pigeon?”  I last saw him gaining height heading towards the Lombard building on Adelaide ( party hat).  I lost track of him.  Bruce and I started searching this general area. I retraced my steps, re visioned the flight path.  A ha! I found him, and good for him. He had made it all the way up to the west facing side of the Lombard building and landed dead centre of the west facing glass panel window, sitting at the base. Dead centre. The sun was shining on this area and when I looked. He was sitting straight up and looking proud as punch.  Good Job, good strong flight.

From that area, he took a few more flights west, ending up on the Dominon Building at Adelaide and University, tried to head for the DBRS across the street, circled back and headed west towards University. At one time Star had given Marion and I a scare. He was last seen headed for the  Shangra La construction site, but had circlled back and ended up on a tight window ledge behind the Dominion Building.

Legacy ( Red ) Took first Today and I was not there to see it.  But Zoe and Harry did.  At last light for the day, Legacy was still on the west, south west corner of  the Bell building on Adelaide St. Where he had been for the most of the day. This building is high, so a good flight for him.

Lorenzo ( yellow) the youngest was fed on the ledge, this evening around 7:00p.m.  He is the youngest and I guess he’ll enjoy the room to himself for the next day or so until he takes his first flight.

That's odd that when I looked just now at the CPF site it says that Lorenzo (red) fledged and that Legacy (yellow) hasn't yet and was fed on the ledge.  They must have changed it since you posted, Jeanne.  Confusing as to who else fledged.   ???

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 08-Jun-10, 05:15:21 PM »

Hmm, very strange.  I also can't look at previous posts on that site.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 08-Jun-10, 07:58:07 PM »

Hmm, very strange.  I also can't look at previous posts on that site.

Head scratcher for sure, Jeanne.  And on the banding video, it said that Legacy is the oldest of the eyases and on the CPF post it says he's the youngest.
  crazy

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 10-Jun-10, 07:55:46 PM »

!!! Two flying very well, one to go
June 09, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:
This evening, huge wonderful flights by the two fledged juveniles, Star and …. Legacy. Wow, they are keeping their height, while Rhea Mae and Tiago kept a watch on the ledge.

Lorenzo, who has not taken his first flight as yet, has stayed on the ledge this evening. Good thing the weather is not the best to take a first flight. Fog and rain today kept activity at a low today.
This evening after the rain stopped and the fog moved out. The two brothers took this opportunity to stretch their wings, giving guests in the Club Lounge a bit of a show.
Staff are commenting “we know when the chicks fly by, they fly close to the windows” The adult peregrines keep a distance.
Volunteers also had the opportunity to see an episode of
“Running of the Gulls” as Tiago moved them out of the area and away from the fledglings.
Hopefully sunny skies tomorrow may entice the remaining peregrine chick into his first flight.
It was a good day… after the rain stopped.

!!! Lorenzo Flies!
June 10, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:
Just after 9am today, Lorenzo took his first flight.  It wasn’t
elegant.  I think he tried to get back to the nest ledge and did a
gentle face plant on the window just to the left of the nest ledge.
He then slid down to the edge at the bottom and flapped for about a
minute.  Then he flew over to the bottom of the ‘e’, first one in
‘Centre’.  When I repositioned he had disappeared.

Later, from City Hall, I had all three chicks in view.
Lorenzo was on the north roof of 120 Adelaide.  He was running back and
forth and flapping.  The other two were on the north roof
ledge of 130 Adelaide, flying and playing tag.  Lorenzo eventually
moved to the northeast corner and according to Jan, was joined by
one of the brothers.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 10-Jun-10, 07:58:49 PM »

That's wonderful news for the Toronto kids...thanks Kris for posting this and thank you Linda for your observations.  clap I wish them no injuries.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 10-Jun-10, 07:59:43 PM »

clap thumbsup

-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 10-Jun-10, 10:40:33 PM »

All three fledged!  Excellent news!   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 13-Jun-10, 05:44:42 AM »

Lorenzo is slow moving
June 12, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Our last peregrine to fledge ( Lorenzo ) is still keeping lower than the Sheraton Hotel. Last evening we had left him on the east side of 120 Adelaide St.  This morning I could not find him, he had moved off of that perch. I left the area around 11:45 am and returned around 1:30. and joined up with another volunteer. She had spotted him on the east side of 120 again.

After the rain we decided to view from the a higher elevation and spotted two juveniles on the north east side of the vacant building on Richmond St.  An adult was on the north west corner.

After a while the well flighted juvenile took off along with both adults. Adults returned and to try and nudge our slow flyer into the air without any luck. Eventually both adults took off again.  Lorenzo then decided he did not like being by himself and flew to the next building eastward ( 85 Richmond ) He scooted across the roof top a few times trying to find the adults. Around 7p.m. he took off southward along Sheppard Street and we lost in the mist and the flat light. We repositioned to ground level and did a search of the area. We could not find any indication where he ended up. No peregrines in view. We think he either circled back or is in the area of Sheppard St and Adelaide at 7:30p.m.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 14-Jun-10, 10:48:44 PM »

!!! Flying well
June 14, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Star, Legacy and Lorenzo appear to be flying well at this stage. Two of the juveniles return to the nest ledge regularly in search of a meal from one of the adults.

They are still using the hotel roof top and neighbouring roof tops for shelter from the sun and rain and of course, more meals. Today they were spotted in the direct area of the Sheraton Hotel and I am sure they are giving the hotel guests an air show in the evening showing off the newly acquired flight skills   clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 15-Jun-10, 06:36:43 AM »

thumbsup heart

-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 15-Jun-10, 07:28:27 AM »

I'm so happy to hear that these 3 boys are doing well.  Great news!   clap thumbsup 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 15-Jun-10, 08:16:25 AM »

How exciting!!  I'd love to go up there and see them learning to fly!  Of course, I'd also love to see Rhea Mae again  happy
Suzanne
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 217   Go Up
Print
Jump to: