THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:24:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409499 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 17-Sep-10, 12:23:55 PM »

Peregrine in nestbox!

LOL Jeanne.  I'm wearing my Rhea Mae T-Shirt in honor of all your sightings.   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 17-Sep-10, 09:10:32 PM »

clap

I'm assuming it was Rhea Mae right in the box today!!!!!  She'd be proud of you, Carol!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 17-Sep-10, 10:22:58 PM »

clap

I'm assuming it was Rhea Mae right in the box today!!!!!  She'd be proud of you, Carol!!!

Well, I'm very proud of her!   wub2

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 20-Sep-10, 08:09:05 PM »

One of Mariah's offspring's offspring has been spotted.  Rhea Mae's 2009 male STORMIN (and M&K's grandfalcon) has been sighted by BIG FRANK.

"I walked out my side door,on the way to raptor watch at Rosetta McClain Gardens today at about 8am. What to my wonderous eyes did appear but a Peregrine Falcon eating a Northern Flicker atop a neighbors tv anetena,at Hollis and Birchmount. Immediately I set to trying to get the band number. First I noticed the obvious it was an adult. I thought at first it was a female,but indeed it was a male. Saw coloured tape over the USFW band,which was blue. CPF puts coloured tape over the USFW bands,when the young are banded so we can more easily identify which young Peregrine is which at fledge watch time.  Thought I read one band number but on review of the photos the band number is 30/Y Black background White letters/numbers,which means Canadian..confirms its one CPF banded.  I did a quick search and this Peregrine is Stormin,who was banded on May 28th,2009 at The Sheraton Hotel in downtown Toronto. Stormin had been spotted at the Leslie Street Spit earlier this spring and photographed  April 22 of 2010. I watched as Stormin devoured the Flicker,before ummm getting to flight weight if you know what I mean,and taking off to the west. Likely spotted again about an hour later by Pat and Nancy at Warden and Danforth. The photos are abit bloody so dont look if you are gentile. Have a stack more pics but this is a sample. The first shows the blue tape,the 2nd shows a beautiful shot of Stormin and lastly a reasonable shot of the band. Rest assured I was able to see in that and other photos the band numbers/letters.
I will post to the CPF website tonight on the Sheraton site,and on the International News,so the Rochester Ladies see it for sure. - - Frank"

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 20-Sep-10, 08:17:24 PM »

Great news!!!!  clap 2thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 20-Sep-10, 08:55:10 PM »

This is really great news. Thanks Joyce for posting. He's a cutie also. RM&T will be proud of their boy.  thumbsup

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 20-Sep-10, 09:01:44 PM »

good news How exciting that yet another M & K offspring has been found!  Makes me wonder once again, though, if peregrines really are the wanderers that their name implies.  stupid

Dot in PA
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 20-Sep-10, 09:33:53 PM »

This is such wonderful news!!!!!  Mariah and Kaver, your legacy continues!!! heart heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
falconsforever129
Juvie

Like Count: 37

~~Believe In Miracles~~

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 20-Sep-10, 11:35:11 PM »

He is a cute sweetie indeed...Happy tears come to my eyes when I see this beautiful legacy continuing.  wub2 heart
valhalla
« Reply #369 on: 21-Sep-10, 05:16:12 AM »

good news How exciting that yet another M & K offspring has been found!  Makes me wonder once again, though, if peregrines really are the wanderers that their name implies.  stupid

Dot in PA

Hi Dot!  How ARE you?  Healing still?  Anyway, I am so happy that you raised this question, as I keep asking myself the same thing.  None of "our" falcons are venturing beyond the Great Lakes that we know of.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 21-Sep-10, 06:00:41 AM »

I just read Frank's news...you know the area he's in is around where Quest's last tracking shows her at the start of September.  Wonder if she's run into her nephew at all  happy

Here's the link to his video of Stormin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x7dx0T35ZA
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 21-Sep-10, 07:21:06 AM »

Wonderful news about Rhea Mae and Tiago's, Stormin, being seen!   clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 21-Sep-10, 07:31:42 AM »

I just read Frank's news...you know the area he's in is around where Quest's last tracking shows her at the start of September.  Wonder if she's run into her nephew at all  happy

Wow, that is so cool, thanks Carly! Now why don't the Canadian Falcons come here?  wave

schlaf374
Juvie

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 21-Sep-10, 10:20:41 AM »

Wow, that is so cool, thanks Carly! Now why don't the Canadian Falcons come here?  wave

At least Archer decided to come here!!!!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 21-Sep-10, 11:15:22 AM »

At least Archer decided to come here!!!!

and Cabot Sirocco and Tybropa Cree!   happy

Mark Nash always says that we have a Falcon Exchange Program (FEP) between Rochester and the Toronto area and that Peregrines know no borders.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: