THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:05:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409483 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 23-Mar-11, 08:44:21 AM »

Someone's been laying in the scrape for 10 minutes so far...

P.S. It did not look like there was an egg in the scrape before she arrived...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 23-Mar-11, 04:48:31 PM »

She's back laying in the scrape...in the snow...looks like an egg won't be far behind!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 23-Mar-11, 05:18:58 PM »

Linda W was going to try to get to the Sheraton for a closer look today.  I'll let you know when I hear from her.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 23-Mar-11, 05:37:22 PM »

Linda W was going to try to get to the Sheraton for a closer look today.  I'll let you know when I hear from her.

Thanks!  I sent the pictures to CPF too.  Although I know better, I feel bad for her laying in the snow! 

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 23-Mar-11, 05:59:19 PM »

Freak snow storm here today....yesterday plus 10 ..this morning minus 12 with windchill and hasn't stopped snowing.  Several inches on ground now..I was wondering if she'd lay soon as she beat Angel last year for the first time  2thumbsup
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 23-Mar-11, 06:51:17 PM »

That's not her under snow is it?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 23-Mar-11, 07:50:20 PM »

That's not her under snow is it?

Just a strange snow drift-the lump is way too small

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 23-Mar-11, 07:53:24 PM »

She's back laying in the scrape...in the snow...looks like an egg won't be far behind!
Oh my...is that Rhea Mae?   ...And, has Seneca been seen?
  As I looked out at all the birds sitting in the trees and in the fields, with all the snow today, I can't  help but think of their strength, intelligence  and  will to live.  Amazing.  We can all take a lesson from them.  
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 23-Mar-11, 07:58:57 PM »

Oh my...is that Rhea Mae?   ...And, has Seneca been seen?
  As I looked out at all the birds sitting in the trees and in the fields, with all the snow today, I can't  help but think of their strength, intelligence  and  will to live.  Amazing.  We can all take a lesson from them.  

I am assuming it is Rhea Mae since we haven't heard of a change in the resident pair at the Sheraton.  Seneca hasn't been seen since January at Brookpark Rd. Bridge.  A new female is there now-Green Girl from Harrisburg 2009.  We are all hoping Seneca decided to find a better scrape.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 23-Mar-11, 08:46:45 PM »

My notes from 2010-03/22 RM sleeping in nestbox.  03/23 first egg early AM

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 23-Mar-11, 08:56:54 PM »

My notes from 2010-03/22 RM sleeping in nestbox.  03/23 first egg early AM

Alrighty then...who knows what's in there. Not a good night for an egg but she will do what she has to do to keep it safe.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 24-Mar-11, 07:13:06 AM »

Don't see any eggs yet!

Says 10:06am ??

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 24-Mar-11, 07:23:22 AM »

Don't see any eggs yet!

Says 10:06am ??

Just looks like the edge is cut off, but the clock on that camera is still running on the old daylight saving time rules-I think it will fix itself 1st sunday in April.

No egg that I can see this morning, but she was on the ledge for a while when I first got to work.  And lots of talon prints in the snow...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 24-Mar-11, 08:55:34 AM »

Got a quick peek before it washed out again-pretty sure there's still someone there...

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 24-Mar-11, 01:29:18 PM »

!!! A First Egg?
March 23, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Can’t be too sure at this time until I get a visual confirmation, but the activity at the Sheraton nest tray is indicating we are close to a first egg.

Last evening I checked the camera before the snow fall. One adult was in the tray and then sitting on the edge of the tray.

This morning a bird was lying down in the nest tray with all the snow around. Around 9:30 the bird moved and was seen sitting on the far end of the nesting ledge, sitting on the other camera frame. She later returned to lay down in the nest tray. She has returned this evening. I captured one shot late this afternoon / early evening and I can’t see an egg in the tray, but the adult peregrine has returned to the tray. Could she be keeping the nest warm with anticipation of the first egg? Please see pictures captured from the tray camera. Please be aware with the spring time change the clock on the camera did not adjust for the spring time  change.

More news tomorrow when I make the trip to the viewing port. Hopefully I’ll have coloured pictures to show as well.

(No egg that I can see yet but soon) One falcon, prob RM there now on the ledge.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: