THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 02:31:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1416193 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 21-Jun-11, 08:00:48 PM »

crying poor baby... fly free little one.
anneintoronto
« Reply #916 on: 22-Jun-11, 02:44:46 AM »

I had quite a day, as a fledgling watcher at the Sheraton Centre and the King Street East site, here in Toronto.  The devastating news was, as you already know, that William had a collision with a building and died.  It's very hard to take in.  You see a young bird flying, doing so well and then suddenly he is gone.  Reality is hard to take sometimes.  But then we got word that a young peregrine was down on the sidewalk on York Street.  Zoe Berger and I raced over and there was Cinnamon, already "boxed" by the wonderful staff at The Keg.  He looked good, was peeking out at all the wonders around him...  Linda Woods arrived and transferred him to a proper carrier and we were told that Mark Nash would be over to see him and probably put him back on the nest ledge.  However, Mark was having to rescue Kenya, the young male fledgling over at the King Street East site, one of the two birds we saw looking so great just hours earlier!  Kenya had wandered onto a low building, needed to be rescued before he got any lower, into real trouble.  He proved to be strong and gave Mark a few solid wounds, in his effort to capture Kenya and return him to his building.  Finally Mark came over to the Sheraton site, where Linda and I were still keeping an eye on the unfledged Kate, and we all went up, Mark checked Cinnamon out -- and gave me some good information as to what he was looking for, what he thought -- and then put him back on the nest ledge.  Cinnamon was very small, obviously hadn't eaten much since his fledging...  He was given lots of water and hopefully his parents will give him some good meals before he is once again ready to face the world of Toronto and all its tall buildings, strong winds!

Yes, I had quite a day.  Came face to face with two different realities.  It gives one a lot to think about...  But, one way or another, I consider myself very fortunate to have been included in these efforts, to have learned so much in such a short period of time.  And frankly, I hope tomorrow is a little quieter!!

Anne in Toronto
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 22-Jun-11, 06:43:00 AM »

Guess this is Cinnamon and Kate.

Anne, thank you for a great detailed report. Must be exciting and sad to be a watcher over there in that very busy section. Good luck on your adventure today with no rescues. I hope Kate waits until she's really really ready and Cinnamon will be a good boy today.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 22-Jun-11, 06:54:43 AM »

Yes, I had quite a day.  Came face to face with two different realities.  It gives one a lot to think about...  But, one way or another, I consider myself very fortunate to have been included in these efforts, to have learned so much in such a short period of time.  And frankly, I hope tomorrow is a little quieter!!

Anne in Toronto

Thanks for the report, Anne.  It is so hard to lose one, but the odds of success are so greatly improved by the watchers.  William may be gone, but Cinnamon is safe.

Meanwhile, I was able to catch one shot with the 3 siblings on the ledge before Sunny took off again...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 22-Jun-11, 07:52:44 AM »

I am so sad to read about William this morning  Cry & so glad to hear little Cinnamon is ok  wub2

R.I.P. William may you fly free at the Rainbow Bridge w/ my other feathered friends

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 22-Jun-11, 08:37:17 AM »

RM feeds Cinnamon while Kate watches.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 22-Jun-11, 09:08:44 AM »

Was this posted already?  I don't know...sorry if I'm repeating ...

!!! Unfortunate For William, Cinnamon comes to the sidewalk
June 22, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Not a good start to the day. CPF received a call stating that a banded bird was found near the base of the tall buildings on Bay St. in downtown Toronto. I was dispatched to investigate and it is confirmed that the young bird is indeed, William from the Sheraton Toronto Nest Site. Don’t have much more information regarding his collision.

Later in the day, another call was received and once again I was dispatched to the “Keg” on York St. Cinnamon had come to the sidewalk!  Quick thinking and mindful staff of both the Keg and Oxford Properties who  knew what to do. They carefully place Cinnamon in a box and secured the area until I could get there. Zoe and Annie retrieved the rescue carrier and delivered to the site and I transferred Cinnamon from the cardboard box and into the top of the line pet carrier, that Jan Chudy donated to the cause a few years ago.  On quick examination there didn’t appear to be any injuries. I gave him a little water and he was placed in a cool quiet area to rest. Mark Nash arrived on site to do a full examination, and my goodness… CUTE as a button, he’s a doll.  Mark did a final full examination and Cinnamon was good to go back to the nest ledge to join his sister, Kate.  That was completed by 11:00p.m.

Sunshine continues to do very well. It appears she may be venturing further away from the nesting area. She didn’t return to the nest ledge for the night, but was seen earlier in the evening.

Kate remains on the nest unfledged. She still has a little more fluff on the top of her legs. I was surprised.

Photos coming and will be posted

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 22-Jun-11, 09:09:51 AM »

Oh...and I LOVE the sign!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: 22-Jun-11, 09:19:30 AM »

Me too!!!!  hysterical

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 22-Jun-11, 11:43:12 AM »

So glad Cinnamon is ok!  These CPF are awesome!!!  And how wonderful that people in the neighborhoods are alert to the falcons and watch out for them!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: 22-Jun-11, 05:49:36 PM »

Fly Free William.   Sad

Fly Safe Cinnamon, Kate and Sunshine.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 22-Jun-11, 06:13:28 PM »

all 3 are home at Sheraton!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: 22-Jun-11, 07:55:25 PM »

Food fight at the Sheraton!  Fluffy butt (AKA Kate) & Sunny discuss who's eating first while Cinnamon looks on!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 22-Jun-11, 08:42:15 PM »

HEY!!! Where is everyone??

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: 22-Jun-11, 08:48:33 PM »

HEY!!! Where is everyone??

We wuz napping...whaddaya want?

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: