THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409663 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 24-Jun-11, 08:32:26 PM »

What a great bunch of "Falcon Lovers". Thank you all for rescuing little Cinnamon. Bless you all.  clap

I agree, Donna!  These folks are just wonderful!!!!  There are pictures on Linda's post but I don't know how to post them here

The Heroes!

The wayward Cinnamon

Back home, safe & sound

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 24-Jun-11, 08:34:12 PM »

The picture of Cinnamon reminds of the Jemison's picture in the carrier when she was hurt last year.  Well Cinnamon and Jemison are related are n't they? 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 24-Jun-11, 08:46:17 PM »

The picture of Cinnamon reminds of the Jemison's picture in the carrier when she was hurt last year.  Well Cinnamon and Jemison are related aren't they?  

(Jemison by Carol P)

Yup, though how to describe the relationship eludes me at the moment... hyper

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 24-Jun-11, 08:56:19 PM »

The picture of Cinnamon reminds of the Jemison's picture in the carrier when she was hurt last year.  Well Cinnamon and Jemison are related aren't they?  

(Jemison by Carol P)

Yup, though how to describe the relationship eludes me at the moment... hyper

And, you've probably figured out I'm not one to leave that go...they're cousins...Cinnamon's mother & Jemison's paternal grandfather are siblings...

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: 24-Jun-11, 09:12:12 PM »

No, I think that is not right.  Rhea Mae is kaver's and Mariah's daughter and jemison is Archer's son or daughter.  Archer is Mariahs grandson but they are not first cousins.  Archer came from offspring of Mariah and Cabot Sirroca, yes?

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #965 on: 24-Jun-11, 09:13:24 PM »

I think about this stuff but I don't really care much. Just wnt the birds to stay safe

William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 24-Jun-11, 09:51:01 PM »

No, I think that is not right.  Rhea Mae is kaver's and Mariah's daughter and jemison is Archer's son or daughter.  Archer is Mariahs grandson but they are not first cousins.  Archer came from offspring of Mariah and Cabot Sirroca, yes?
I think about this stuff but I don't really care much. Just wnt the birds to stay safe

You're right, not first cousins, but whatever degree of cousin-ness it is.  Freedom (Archer's father) & Rhea Mae are full siblings, both offspring of M&K.  So, in human terms, Rhea Mae is Archer's aunt...therefore all their offspring are cousins.

And no, it doesn't matter at all...just that margaret commented that they looked alike in their carriers and was checking that they are related...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 24-Jun-11, 09:52:50 PM »

All tucked into bed for the night  wub2

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 24-Jun-11, 10:00:32 PM »

You're right, not first cousins, but whatever degree of cousin-ness it is.  Freedom (Archer's father) & Rhea Mae are full siblings, both offspring of M&K.  So, in human terms, Rhea Mae is Archer's aunt...therefore all their offspring are cousins.

And no, it doesn't matter at all...just that margaret commented that they looked alike in their carriers and was checking that they are related...

phew say that 3times!!  silly

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 24-Jun-11, 10:13:43 PM »

I actually love talking about all the Mariah and Kaver family tree.

Let's see if I have this right.  It's late and I have to get up early to get to Buffalo to check on the Central Terminal Gang.

Freedom is M&K's 1st son.
Archer is Freedom and Purity's first son.
Making Archer M&K's grandson.

Rhea Mae is M&K's daughter.
Cinnamon is Rhea Mae's son.
Making Cinnamon M&K's grandson.

Freedom and Rhea Mae are brother and sister.
Rhea Mae is Archer's aunt.
Freedom is Cinnamon's uncle.

So that make them cousins!  Hahahaha!  Don't you have a headache now?  I do!   silly

Nite all!!!
Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bonnie
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: 24-Jun-11, 10:20:06 PM »

bguitar hysterical educated

William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 24-Jun-11, 10:24:24 PM »

Let's see if I have this right.  It's late and I have to get up early to get to Buffalo to check on the Central Terminal Gang.

So that make them cousins!  Hahahaha!  Don't you have a headache now?  I do!   silly

Nite all!!!
Carol P.

Should have seen my eyes after doing the family tree!   tired

And so many grand-eyases to do this year!   clap

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #972 on: 24-Jun-11, 10:55:20 PM »

Cinnamon and Archer are first cousins.
Cinnamon and Jemison are first cousins once removed.
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 24-Jun-11, 11:40:48 PM »

Nite all!!!
Carol P.

I knew you would know!   If  you think about all of the  bloodlines crossing borders it is mindboggling. 
The falcons are wonderful for international relations. So are all the watchers crossing into Burlington and Toronto.  And Kat posting on our dual citizenship Harlie/Harley.
anneintoronto
« Reply #974 on: 24-Jun-11, 11:47:10 PM »

When is an eyas not an eyas anymore?  When it sits in the nest until its chest feathers become adult white!  And that's going to happen to Kate and Cinnamon, if they stay up there much longer!!  What a day!  They sat there, looking as if they might go...  They flapped, jumped in and out of the ledge, flapped some more.  And you think my hair was grey before!!  You take your eyes off them and they could be long gone, visiting some lofty building to the east, to the west, to the south!  Yikes!  But the end of the day found them sitting up there still, kakking softly at me, sitting 'way down below, permanent circles around my eyes from my binoculars, butt about to fall off!  Truly, I think they want to stay up there!  And who can blame them -- food delivered to the door, lovely breezes, shelter from the pouring rain!

Sunshine, on the other hand, is amazingly mobile.  I watched in awe as she played tag with her parents, kakking at the top of her lungs the whole way!  She is really a noisy one!  I never have to look hard for her -- she announces her presence loudly and clearly!!  And can she fly!  Her whole family tree would be totally proud of her!  She's fast, fairly accurate, energetic and proud!  I thought she had settled in for the night on the "S" of the Sheraton sign.  But come 8pm, off she goes again, tries for the top of the tall building her dad's sitting on, doesn't quite make it, starts around again and he takes off in a stoop, just misses her, and the chase is on!  Twisting and turning, Sunshine kakking her head off, swooping, reversing in a flash, climbing.  She's just the greatest!!  I just stand there in awe, holding my breath, wondering how all the people walking by cannot see all that's going on in their sky!  Actually a lot of people ask me what I'm looking at -- and when I tell them, they are so interested, quite taken by the whole scene!  If those two sit up there long enough, all the people of Toronto are going to be falcon watchers!  Bonus!!

Anne in Toronto

By the way, I took a series of photos of Cinnamon's rescue...  Linda put some of them in her CPF report.  If anyone wants to see them -- there are 14 -- I'll be happy to send them on...  I don't remember how to post them here...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: