THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 10:00:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1416413 times)
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: 27-Jun-11, 07:30:19 AM »

Sometimes no news is not really good news.  But most of the time we don't know what becomes of the falcons.  With the web cams, it brings us right into their harsh world.  Just keep your fingers crossed.  I know you will have your eyes to the skies.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 27-Jun-11, 08:54:48 AM »

I haven't seen anyone on the ledge this morning.  Hope they stay safe...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 27-Jun-11, 09:47:02 AM »

A peregrine at last!  Except it's an Adult!  (I think it's Rhea Mae, but I haven't gotten a good look at her band)

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 27-Jun-11, 09:57:44 AM »

Well...I guess it was Rhea Mae 'cause there's Tiago!  I guess all the babies have left the ledge!

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #994 on: 27-Jun-11, 10:10:52 AM »

Good luck Anne and boots.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 27-Jun-11, 11:46:41 AM »

!!! Finally, Cinnamon and Kate Fledge!! AM report.
June 27, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
CPF Postmaster Reports:

Monday June 27th - 2011 AM report:
The morning started with a flurry of calls, incoming e-mail and photo snap-shots regarding the Toronto Sheraton nest site. Shortly after 10am this morning, both Kate and little Cinnamon left the ledge and took their first flight, sort of.

While Cinnamon had earlier tried his flight skills earlier with disastrous results leaving him downed on the sidewalk at just feet of busy traffic at York and Richmond streets in downtown Toronto, Kate has yet to take her maiden flight and test her wings.

Had it not been for the heroic and dedicated efforts of the caring staff at the Keg Restaurant protecting Cinnamon with a box and literally standing on guard duty until CPF fledge watch volunteers arrived to complete the rescue, it is very likely that he would have been trampled or run over in the swarm of down town traffic.

While the two fledglings remain together on the roof top of 120 Adelaide - (a favourite first landing spot of many of the Sheraton juveniles over the years), this roof top is much lower in elevation compared to the 43 story nest ledge elevation at the Toronto Sheraton.

One of many photos sent in today - (this one from Eileen in New York state) shows both resident adults on the nest ledge checking out the situation just after the two fledged this morning.
Posted on June 27, 2011 11:41 am
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 27-Jun-11, 11:47:30 AM »

Anne just called and asked me to pass it along that Cinnamon & Kate both fledged, did very well, and flew over to the building across the street, which is quite tall, and made it!  clap thumbsup
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 27-Jun-11, 11:51:56 AM »

Anne just called and asked me to pass it along that Cinnamon & Kate both fledged, did very well, and flew over to the building across the street, which is quite tall, and made it!  clap thumbsup

Thanks Nora!  And Anne!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 27-Jun-11, 12:13:24 PM »

Oh SWEET!! Cinnimini may make it after all! Fingers crossed! Thanks Nora. BTW, how are you feeling?

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 27-Jun-11, 12:53:34 PM »

good news

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: 27-Jun-11, 01:32:33 PM »

Anne just called and asked me to pass it along that Cinnamon & Kate both fledged, did very well, and flew over to the building across the street, which is quite tall, and made it!  clap :

Wonderful news!  May they stay safe!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 27-Jun-11, 02:58:12 PM »

Momma's back on the ledge...I'm guessing she's watching Kate & Cinnamon across the road...

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 27-Jun-11, 03:06:41 PM »

Good to hear that they are both in a safe place.  I suspect Rhea Mae and Tiago will up the food supply now that they have both finally fledged.  They must both have taken off very early this morning.

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 27-Jun-11, 03:28:39 PM »

Good to hear that they are both in a safe place.  I suspect Rhea Mae and Tiago will up the food supply now that they have both finally fledged.  They must both have taken off very early this morning.

Paul

They did Paul, they left before 7 am.

Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 27-Jun-11, 06:22:02 PM »

Such wonderful news!  We have been waiting so long for the right moment.  Anne and friends' jobs have really just begun.  thumbsup
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: