THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:09:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409763 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: 30-Jun-11, 07:05:10 PM »

I'm glad Kate checked out okay Anne, hopefully she gets a good nights rest and gets a nice dinner.  Thank you for keeping us up to date.

anneintoronto
« Reply #1051 on: 30-Jun-11, 07:20:46 PM »

Glad Kate is OK...I wonder if that's her up there now?  She moved down a bay so I can't see her on the Osler cam now...

Probably is Kate.  The adults often visit the nest ledge, so in all likelihood are aware she is there, will be up to see her.  I'm very relieved that she didn't injure herself.  Just goes to show you that a few days of flying doesn't a full-fledged peregrine make!  Zoe and I are going back down tomorrow, to see what's up...  Will let you know what we see.

Anne in Toronto
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 30-Jun-11, 07:43:08 PM »

And the official report is in...yup, Kate is at home...

!!! Kate Rescued
June 30, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

This afternoon Mark Nash received a call from property management south west of the Sheraton Nest site, stating they had large strange bird sitting on the sidewalk outside their building.  I was dispatched to investigate. When I arrived, staff had pillioned and taped off the area surrounding the bird. One quick glance and sure enough, it’s a juvenile peregrine falcon. I couldn’t see who it was, this large bird was lying down having enough of the two legged creatures with no feathers staring at her.

The staff were very helpful and provided me with a cloth  sheet to pick up the rather healthy female peregrine and secure her in a box until Mark and Marion arrived.  Minutes later, Mark and Marion arrived with nets and carrier. No net needed, but she was feisty as Mark picked her up. On examination is was discovered it was Kate from the Sheraton Nest Site, indicated by her blue band and Canadian Wildlife Bands.  A small crowd had already gathered from the start were very inquisitive and Mark was more than happy to show Kate to her admirers and explain the history of the peregrines in Ontario and more importantly, the peregrines in the downtown core.

We then took Kate back to the Sheraton, Mark and Marion examined her thoroughly and she had no injuries and she appeared to be well fed. We gave her water and she was good to go back to the nest ledge. Where at 6:50p.m. she is still there, looking out.

Many, many thanks to the staff and office tenants of 180 Wellington St and local tenants of the adjoining buildings. Deep appreciation to the gentlemen and ladies from Avison and Young Property Management Group for going beyond the call  and the many phone calls they made to different agencies to ensure this bird was placed in the proper hands. And also, Sandra Celli, of Avison and Young Property Management Group, who has supported the peregrines nest at 18 King S for many years.

Thanks Mark and Marion for fighting gridlock on a holiday weekend in downtown Toronto to come to Kate’s rescue.
Posted on June 30, 2011 7:18 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 30-Jun-11, 08:34:00 PM »

A smooth rescue once again. Thank you all!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 01-Jul-11, 06:39:10 AM »

No one's home at Sheraton. Kate took off, who knows when. No mishaps today kids!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1055 on: 01-Jul-11, 08:41:20 AM »

Then, at 6pm, I got a call from Linda Woods.  Apparently Kate had a brush with a building about 2pm and ended up on a sidewalk on University Avenue just west from the Sheraton!!  No one was more surprised than me! 

It happens. A similar situation occurred here a year ago this weekend when Jemison went down a block and a half from where MAK was watching. She didn't know about it until a police officer driving by told her that a bystander had reported it to the authorities. She rushed over there just in time to see Animal Control taking Jemison away.

BTW, kudos to the officer for informing MAK of the situation when he didn't have to. That's called going above and beyond the call of duty.  police  bravo
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 01-Jul-11, 09:11:30 AM »

Rhea Mae is at home

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 01-Jul-11, 09:46:01 AM »

Then, at 6pm, I got a call from Linda Woods.  Apparently Kate had a brush with a building about 2pm and ended up on a sidewalk on University Avenue just west from the Sheraton!!  No one was more surprised than me! 

It happens. A similar situation occurred here a year ago this weekend when Jemison went down a block and a half from where MAK was watching. She didn't know about it until a police officer driving by told her that a bystander had reported it to the authorities. She rushed over there just in time to see Animal Control taking Jemison away.

BTW, kudos to the officer for informing MAK of the situation when he didn't have to. That's called going above and beyond the call of duty.  police  bravo

I remember it like it was yesterday! Jemison stole my heart forever that day as I got out of the truck and peered into that pet carrier he was in. Those big beautiful eyes staring back at me. It was like we were frozen in time until the animal control officer said he was going to take dear,sweet Jemison away. Off to the vets they went and I fell to pieces. I also found out that day just how special my newly made falcon watching friends can be. Near AND far away friends really helped me out and I really appreciated it and still do. All the watchers out that day got to see him when he went down the second time in the parking lot next to the Times Square building. I don't think anyone involved will ever forget it.  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 01-Jul-11, 07:07:01 PM »

Juvie at the Sheraton...haven't seen the tape yet, so I don't know who...

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 01-Jul-11, 07:07:18 PM »

Alone time!  heart 7:02pm

Tiago?

Juvie

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 01-Jul-11, 07:15:44 PM »

Juvie

Wish I could tell who it is...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 01-Jul-11, 07:31:35 PM »

Juvie

It's Sunshine!   clap  I'm actually happy to see her...she'd been making herself scarce to the watchers lately!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 01-Jul-11, 07:48:02 PM »

Juvie

It's Sunshine!   clap  I'm actually happy to see her...she'd been making herself scarce to the watchers lately!

2thumbsup

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 01-Jul-11, 08:22:04 PM »

!!! Sunshine, Kate, Cinnamon in View
July 01, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:
This morning by 11:00 I had all five in view. Two juveniles on the lower east side of 130 Adelaide. One Juvenile on 150 York Street, one adult on the upper 120 Adelaide. Kate was on 150 York, Cinnamon and Sunshine were on the lower east side of 130 Adelaide. Swing stage for 130 Adelaide was lowered just below the upper roof line. Window washers out on the Hilton Hotel

Late this afternoon, again at 6:10 pm Rhea Mae on the upper railing of 120 Adelaide, Kate on 150 York St., Cinnamon on the lower east side of 130 Adelaide. 6:15pm Sunshine made an appearance on the east side of 120 Adelaide and Cinnamon took off and over to the Phoenix building. Kate had moved off the corner of 150 York Street and has moved to the inner south area of the same building sitting next the cooling tower railing of 150 York St.

I left after Cinnamon made his flight over to the Phoenix. Cinnamon is getting around, but haven’t seen him do any long flights as yet. He his taking his time getting around. Kate is taking her time, being a little cautious after her sidewalk adventure.
Posted on July 1, 2011 7:14 pm

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 01-Jul-11, 08:46:47 PM »

Sunshine is back yet again!

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: