THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 09:04:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1522745 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: 23-Nov-12, 07:30:18 PM »

I have trouble with them sometimes too...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 23-Nov-12, 07:45:12 PM »

see pic in your email, Donna

Wink

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 23-Nov-12, 07:45:52 PM »

Thanks Ei, sometimes the pics just spin and spin then time out!  wave

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 23-Nov-12, 07:56:07 PM »

My trick is...right click on the pic & copy image location. Paste the location into address bar and delete the sizing info after the .jpg...in red below...that brings up the full size photo reasonably quickly

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/wp-content/plugins/post-gallery/thirdparty/phpthumb/phpThumb.php?src=http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/wp-content/plugins/post-gallery/uploads/2012/11/1353518304_11_21_12-RheaMaeTiagoareathomeforamoment.jpg&w=85&h=85&zc=1

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 23-Nov-12, 08:19:59 PM »

My trick is...right click on the pic & copy image location. Paste the location into address bar and delete the sizing info after the .jpg...in red below...that brings up the full size photo reasonably quickly

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/wp-content/plugins/post-gallery/thirdparty/phpthumb/phpThumb.php?src=http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/wp-content/plugins/post-gallery/uploads/2012/11/1353518304_11_21_12-RheaMaeTiagoareathomeforamoment.jpg&w=85&h=85&zc=1

Well I'll be a peregrine's pellet! Thanks Ei, love little tips!  handshake

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 23-Nov-12, 11:07:29 PM »

Well I'll be a peregrine's pellet! Thanks Ei, love little tips!  handshake

Peregrines pellet!  2funny rofl

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 07-Dec-12, 08:26:44 PM »

So I was browsing around CPF looking for a nest location and I found this post in their sightings across Canada section...

WHITBY, ONTARIO:
Saturday March 3, 2007
John Bennett reports: I was fortunate to sight this Peregrine falcon on Sat Mar 3rd. The location was Halls road in Whitby just before Noon.

Mark Nash comments: With many thanks to the NYDEC, we have been able to put a name to the juvenile peregrine falcon that has been spotted and photographed by John Bennett. A huge thank you to John for the great photos that he was able to shoot. The young juvenile peregrine falcon’s identity has been confirmed by its colour leg band number as being a female peregrine that was produced in Rochester New York at the Kodak nest site last year - 2006, and her name is Rhea Mae. She has two other sisters hatched at the same nest site last year.

I don't recall reading that before. The first report I remember was when she took over the Sheraton site from Wind in 2008. But I wasn't a never leaves the house then!  gum

I'm pretty sure Whitby was also a sighting location for Linn when she arrived in Canada. Or was it Quest? Or both? Memory ain't what it used to be...

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 07-Dec-12, 09:53:57 PM »

Pretty!  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 25-Dec-12, 09:33:52 AM »

Rhea Mae Watches Over Toronto City Hall
December 24, 2012 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Tracy Simpson Reports:

I stopped in on my travels at the Toronto Sheraton Hotel in search of Rhea Mae and her handsome beau Tiago.  As there is virtually no place to park, I circled the block and hoped for red lights at every intersection so I could scan the buildings.  As I turned east onto Queen St., I looked over at Nathan Phillips Sq. and city hall but it wasn’t the skaters and festivities that caught my attention.  There was a lump on the antenna on city hall.  Rather than dismiss it, I pulled over and pulled out my binoculars and found Rhea Mae perched on the very top of the antenna!  I circled the block again and this time found Tiago on the south side of Richmond St on a building so high I had to stick my head out of the window to see him!  I parked the car and decided to take a minute to grab a few pictures of the pair.  Rhea Mae was overseeing things at city hall and was clearly on the hunt.  I could see her head swivelling back and forth as she watched events below.  Tiago was much more restless as he flew back and forth from corner to corner of his chosen building and I could hear him chupping with each landing.  Tiago was clearly excited about Rhea Mae’s current interest in hunting.  As I left the pair, they remained in their chosen spots and although not as readily seen on camera, they are certainly home for the holidays!!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 25-Dec-12, 10:20:20 AM »

What a great Christmas gift! Thanks Ei and Tracy!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: 25-Dec-12, 10:24:26 AM »

christhumbs

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 25-Dec-12, 03:13:27 PM »

Great report from Tracy Simpson! I don't know how she managed to find both Rhea Mae and Tiago. It's good to see both of them.

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 26-Dec-12, 12:38:42 AM »

Rhea Mae Watches Over Toronto City Hall
December 24, 2012 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Tracy Simpson Reports:

I stopped in on my travels at the Toronto Sheraton Hotel in search of Rhea Mae and her handsome beau Tiago.  As there is virtually no place to park, I circled the block and hoped for red lights at every intersection so I could scan the buildings.  As I turned east onto Queen St., I looked over at Nathan Phillips Sq. and city hall but it wasn’t the skaters and festivities that caught my attention.  There was a lump on the antenna on city hall.  Rather than dismiss it, I pulled over and pulled out my binoculars and found Rhea Mae perched on the very top of the antenna!  I circled the block again and this time found Tiago on the south side of Richmond St on a building so high I had to stick my head out of the window to see him!  I parked the car and decided to take a minute to grab a few pictures of the pair.  Rhea Mae was overseeing things at city hall and was clearly on the hunt.  I could see her head swivelling back and forth as she watched events below.  Tiago was much more restless as he flew back and forth from corner to corner of his chosen building and I could hear him chupping with each landing.  Tiago was clearly excited about Rhea Mae’s current interest in hunting.  As I left the pair, they remained in their chosen spots and although not as readily seen on camera, they are certainly home for the holidays!!

Such good news for the holidays!  THank you to  Tracy for reporting and for Ei for reposting here!  So good to see RM and T together for the holidays!  Hope for the new year and new babies at Sheraton Centre!
« Last Edit: 26-Dec-12, 08:39:20 AM by Shaky » Logged
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 26-Dec-12, 07:37:18 PM »

Many thanks to Tracy for taking the time to go out to find Rhea Mae and Tiago in busy Toronto.  I'm not surprised to see Rhea Mae on top of an antenna.  Her mom Mariah did that a lot on the Kodak Tower.  Like mom like daughter!   wub2

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 26-Dec-12, 10:25:27 PM »

Looks like snow to me!  yahoo

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: