THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:58:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffalo Falcon News 2013  (Read 110501 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 15-Mar-13, 07:18:55 PM »

It looks like Yankee. He has blk/blk band. We did not get out today but will check tomorrow. If anyone see any activity in or  out of the box, I hope you can grab some screencaps or at least tell us what you witnessed. Without his mate, Yankee could just leave the vicinity. I'm hoping he can find a loose falcon flying through the area and will appreciate his nice heated condo!

Too bad we couldn't send Pigott over to him.  She have a nice condo and she'd be close to her sister too  handshake  Maybe MAK could have a chat with her tomorrow and put the idea in her head  lol  pray
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 15-Mar-13, 07:23:48 PM »

It looks like Yankee. He has blk/blk band. We did not get out today but will check tomorrow. If anyone see any activity in or  out of the box, I hope you can grab some screencaps or at least tell us what you witnessed. Without his mate, Yankee could just leave the vicinity. I'm hoping he can find a loose falcon flying through the area and will appreciate his nice heated condo!

Too bad we couldn't send Pigott over to him.  She have a nice condo and she'd be close to her sister too  handshake  Maybe MAK could have a chat with her tomorrow and put the idea in her head  lol  pray

Funny but I had the same thoughts!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-Mar-13, 12:28:23 PM »

Too late to send Pigott...new female has arrived already at UB.

Sage sent a tweet...Joyce sent a text...I hit the recorder...

Yankee confirmed and an unbanded female bowing & chupping at the nest box. I have video-will upload it tonight, but here's some screen shots...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 16-Mar-13, 12:44:28 PM »

Too late to send Pigott...new female has arrived already at UB.

Sage sent a tweet...Joyce sent a text...I hit the recorder...

Yankee confirmed and an unbanded female bowing & chupping at the nest box. I have video-will upload it tonight, but here's some screen shots...

I'm still so sad for BB but happy for Yankee-his life must go on.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-Mar-13, 12:49:22 PM »

UF at UB

She's a biggun

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16-Mar-13, 12:54:06 PM »

UF taking off

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16-Mar-13, 01:06:09 PM »

She's mammoth!!  Shocked

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 16-Mar-13, 01:14:57 PM »

I'm amazed how many floaters are out there, waiting for an available territory and potential mate. They must be lurking all over, waiting for a chance to make a move. It must be a very good sign for peregrine recovery.

One other example - two years ago, apparently attracted by the disturbance at my local site due to a banding, a peregrine from Vermont briefly showed up.  I photographed her (and her bands for ID) while my territorial pair were in the box and not visible to her.  On my next visit to the site, I ID'ed my female, so the intruder must have cleared out as soon as she realized that both parents were still around.

Paul
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 16-Mar-13, 01:23:22 PM »

Wow...just came in the door to this news!  Awww..I'm so glad he's got some company.  It will never be the same without BB but as you say life must go on and at least now he's got a mate for nesting season and will stay at the site for all his fans to enjoy.
« Last Edit: 16-Mar-13, 01:30:41 PM by carly » Logged
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 16-Mar-13, 01:53:54 PM »

Wow, it would seem there's a revolving door for falcons! Yankee didn't waste any time eh!? Onward and upward as they say!  surprise

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 16-Mar-13, 01:57:46 PM »

I wonder, as we watch the recovery unfolding now, if we'll see a change in our beliefs about pair fidelity.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 16-Mar-13, 02:03:24 PM »

I wonder, as we watch the recovery unfolding now, if we'll see a change in our beliefs about pair fidelity.

That's what I was thinking Ei. I wonder if Yankee had this girl at another site while with BB. Another episode of "As the Falcon Turns"!  Roll Eyes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 16-Mar-13, 02:13:35 PM »

That's what I was thinking Ei. I wonder if Yankee had this girl at another site while with BB. Another episode of "As the Falcon Turns"!  Roll Eyes

And maybe why BB got so aggressive so early...

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 16-Mar-13, 03:13:18 PM »

And maybe why BB got so aggressive so early...

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 16-Mar-13, 03:53:49 PM »

So far this afternoon, I haven't seen Yankee, but I have seen four separate visits by the unbanded female.

I am glad for Yankee that another female has shown up, but it doesn't make it right that BB was removed. I thought it was illegal to disturb peregrines during the nesting season.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: