THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 02:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 278   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1871428 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: 25-May-10, 08:44:52 AM »

"Do I have poo on my beak"?
Beauty in Archer out. No one brought food in yet?

Jen P
Big Clutch

Like Count: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: 25-May-10, 08:48:18 AM »

"Do I have poo on my beak"?
Beauty in Archer out. No one brought food in yet?

These pics make me realize how HUGE they've gotten since they hatched!!   thumbsup
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 25-May-10, 08:50:07 AM »

The real Archer arrives, no food.

I know it's hard to determine, but is Archer providing any food at all?  It looks to me like he makes a couple stops each day to say hello but that's about it.  I know the female is the main caretaker but he could at least show up with some food to help her out.  Yesterday it looks like he never came around after that morning visit.     ???

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: 25-May-10, 09:19:58 AM »

The watchers have seen some food exchanges in the last couple of days so a transfer of food might be done outside the nestbox. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 25-May-10, 09:31:40 AM »

I know it's hard to determine, but is Archer providing any food at all?  It looks to me like he makes a couple stops each day to say hello but that's about it.  I know the female is the main caretaker but he could at least show up with some food to help her out.  Yesterday it looks like he never came around after that morning visit.     ???

I had the same question, Kris.  It always seems that Beauty is doing all the work...and she does it darn good too  happy  She is so diligent in standing and shading the babies from the morning sun.   Question for today, though, have they had enough to eat this morning?  I haven't seen much food other than that leftover wing earlier.   The watchers see a food exchange?  Does Archer hunt and cache the prey?
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: 25-May-10, 09:38:30 AM »

I had the same question, Kris.  It always seems that Beauty is doing all the work...and she does it darn good too  happy  She is so diligent in standing and shading the babies from the morning sun.   Question for today, though, have they had enough to eat this morning?  I haven't seen much food other than that leftover wing earlier.   The watchers see a food exchange?  Does Archer hunt and cache the prey?

She's a great mother!  I only wished he would start doing something that would help her out.  It looks to me like she's doing it all.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 25-May-10, 11:04:01 AM »

Brunch! 

I see there has been some discussion of the sharing of duties so far.  One thing I have learned over my many years of watching this cam is that there is SOOOO much that goes on out of sight and between frames that no assumptions can be made.  Heck, a lot of people have said in the past we'd see X, Y or Z so much better if we had video...and Beauty got egg 3 out of the box without anyone seeing it!  Archer's role is hunting, Beauty's is protecting and feeding.  We have seen exchanges on the "porch" and watchers have seen them in front of the nestbox.    We've been accustomed for many years to a particular pair with particular habits.  Many at other sites have said M&K's duty roster was actually unusual.  Only time will tell how A&B share duties going forward.  The eyases are being fed & are growing like weeds.  As long as that continues to be true there's nothing to worry about.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: 25-May-10, 11:09:48 AM »

We've been accustomed for many years to a particular pair with particular habits.  Many at other sites have said M&K's duty roster was actually unusual. 

P.S.  Is there anyone still around here who recalls how M&K shared duties their first year together?  Or how Mariah & Cabot-Sirocco shared duties?  Just curious...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 25-May-10, 11:19:24 AM »

Too cute! 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 25-May-10, 11:21:19 AM »

Brunch! 

I see there has been some discussion of the sharing of duties so far.  One thing I have learned over my many years of watching this cam is that there is SOOOO much that goes on out of sight and between frames that no assumptions can be made.  Heck, a lot of people have said in the past we'd see X, Y or Z so much better if we had video...and Beauty got egg 3 out of the box without anyone seeing it!  Archer's role is hunting, Beauty's is protecting and feeding.  We have seen exchanges on the "porch" and watchers have seen them in front of the nestbox.    We've been accustomed for many years to a particular pair with particular habits.  Many at other sites have said M&K's duty roster was actually unusual.  Only time will tell how A&B share duties going forward.  The eyases are being fed & are growing like weeds.  As long as that continues to be true there's nothing to worry about.

good post thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1780 on: 25-May-10, 11:40:00 AM »

Many at other sites have said M&K's duty roster was actually unusual.  Only time will tell how A&B share duties going forward.  The eyases are being fed & are growing like weeds.  As long as that continues to be true there's nothing to worry about.

Agreed.  This is a new pair, so we can't necessarily extrapolate our experiences from Mariah and Kaver onto Archer and Beauty.  I think Kaver was somewhat more engaged with eyas care than the average tiercel.

It appears that the two eyases are getting plenty of food at regular intervals, so I have no reason to think that Archer is providing substandard Daddy duty.  My guess is that he's doing most of the hunting and transferring the food to Beauty who takes care of the feeding.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 25-May-10, 12:24:34 PM »

Lunch!  I cannot believe that they are only a week old today! 

valhalla
« Reply #1782 on: 25-May-10, 12:27:20 PM »

A&B are doing a good job with these 2, but I think our visual observations have more to do with the new cameras and the video than with the parents.  It's all good  clap
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: 25-May-10, 01:17:45 PM »

A&B are doing a good job with these 2, but I think our visual observations have more to do with the new cameras and the video than with the parents.  It's all good  clap

Uh huh!    gum

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Colleen T
Fledgling

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 25-May-10, 02:28:37 PM »

Those crops look like they're going to burst!

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 278   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: