THE FORUM

22-Sep-24, 09:12:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 ... 278   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1873084 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: 21-Jun-10, 03:01:33 PM »

Synchronized preening

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: 21-Jun-10, 03:08:48 PM »

Jemison likes to pancake at the very edge of the platform.  When I first saw this, I thought she had disappeared over the edge.

Paul

Paul, We are all having heart palpitations here too.  Jeanne panicked yesterday evening while watching the cam.  She thought for sure one went over.  She contacted a couple people including me.  I was already out and about when she called.  We both met downtown, and by the time we got there, Carol P and Shaky confirmed by phone that both youngsters were in the box.  So, we watched some nice flying by the parents before the sun set.  This new location has us on edge, because we were so used to the playpen.  I'm sure these two will do just fine.  They seem to be progressing according to schedule.
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: 21-Jun-10, 03:19:24 PM »

Jemison likes to pancake at the very edge of the platform.  When I first saw this, I thought she had disappeared over the edge.

Paul

Paul, We are all having heart palpitations here too.  Jeanne panicked yesterday evening while watching the cam.  She thought for sure one went over.  She contacted a couple people including me.  I was already out and about when she called.  We both met downtown, and by the time we got there, Carol P and Shaky confirmed by phone that both youngsters were in the box.  So, we watched some nice flying by the parents before the sun set.  This new location has us on edge, because we were so used to the playpen.  I'm sure these two will do just fine.  They seem to be progressing according to schedule.

I suggested in addition to fledge watch info we get CPR training.  I typically look at all the camera views but last night, I saw one little one, some prey and a second bird.  Then the second bird disappeared.  That is when I sounded the alarm.  Shaky and Carol told me both babies were in the nest so after meeting up with Joyce, I looked at the archive.  The bird that "disappeared" was Beauty flying away.  I hadn't had a clear view of her so I assumed it was one of the juvies going over the ledge.

At least I got my box and blanket ready in case we need it for a rescue!  Sheesh!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: 21-Jun-10, 04:13:15 PM »

Feed the birds!!!!
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: 21-Jun-10, 04:16:39 PM »

I love the zoom

Feed the birds!!!!
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: 21-Jun-10, 04:28:58 PM »

Looking at camera 1 now, all three are on the deck.  It's difficult to tell the adult from the juvies. 
They all look about the same size on the camera.  I can't tell if it is Archer or Beauty. 
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: 21-Jun-10, 04:48:53 PM »

Does anyone see the second juvie right now?  Is she hunkered down in the front ledge?  I can't tell from camera or video. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: 21-Jun-10, 04:57:03 PM »

She just popped up a bit...she's been on the front ledge, near (north) corner, pancaked below the rail for a while now.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: 21-Jun-10, 04:58:37 PM »

She just popped up a bit...she's been on the front ledge, near (north) corner, pancaked below the rail for a while now.
Yup, just saw her at that same time!  Thanks.   I was getting a little anxious. 
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: 21-Jun-10, 05:04:56 PM »

Thanks!  I just got home and, of course, checked the cam...only one!  And I tried all the views, etc.  There must be lots of "out of cam view" nooks for them around the box.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: 21-Jun-10, 05:05:49 PM »

Yup, just saw her at that same time!  Thanks.   I was getting a little anxious. 

There's her little face!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: 21-Jun-10, 05:07:42 PM »

Thanks!  I just got home and, of course, checked the cam...only one!  And I tried all the views, etc.  There must be lots of "out of cam view" nooks for them around the box.

I never quite realized how well a juvie peregrine blends in with weathered 2xs and plywood before!

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: 21-Jun-10, 07:26:14 PM »

Since about 7pm tonight, both girls have been pretty active out on the platform.  Engaged in lots of "competitive flapping".   They seem  hungry.  Callidora found a leftover foot and is chewing on it while Jemison watches from the perch. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: 21-Jun-10, 07:37:59 PM »

Great wings but look at Callidora's head.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: 21-Jun-10, 07:55:22 PM »

Let me guess...Mom is up above?

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 ... 278   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: