THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 01:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 718672 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: 02-Oct-15, 04:32:43 PM »

(movie)

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 02-Oct-15, 06:22:40 PM »

Which begs the question...if the birds have possibly decided to move (for whatever reason & whether we like it or not & we won't know for sure until spring) should plans to remove that box proceed? I'm not so sure what the right answer is.

Like the netting at KO. I'd like to see it removed but I have no doubt they'd give serious consideration to nesting on the ledge where the old box was if it was removed.

As much as we'd hate the extremely limited view at Powers it is about the birds.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 03-Oct-15, 08:36:15 AM »

Oh well!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 03-Oct-15, 10:10:46 AM »

Which begs the question...if the birds have possibly decided to move (for whatever reason & whether we like it or not & we won't know for sure until spring) should plans to remove that box proceed? I'm not so sure what the right answer is.

Like the netting at KO. I'd like to see it removed but I have no doubt they'd give serious consideration to nesting on the ledge where the old box was if it was removed.

As much as we'd hate the extremely limited view at Powers it is about the birds.
Well said, Ei, and I agree.  I realize I'm not as knowledgeable about bird behavior as many other rfalconcam followers, but it seens to me that removing that box now could potentially put them in a more dangerous situation if they remain averse to the Times Square Building nest.  I guess we'll have to see what happens in the next few months.  Perhaps they'll start to like TSB again. As we know, stranger things have happened.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 03-Oct-15, 12:14:49 PM »

Well said, Ei, and I agree.  I realize I'm not as knowledgeable about bird behavior as many other rfalconcam followers, but it seens to me that removing that box now could potentially put them in a more dangerous situation if they remain averse to the Times Square Building nest.  I guess we'll have to see what happens in the next few months.  Perhaps they'll start to like TSB again. As we know, stranger things have happened.

I shared these same thoughts with Carol, when I emailed her a while ago.  They say Raptors like choices and it's been seen in other areas where Peregrines, who've nested in one place for a length of time, all of a sudden change their location..for whatever reason.  Like I've said, the competition is fierce for them to the north and it looks like Powers gives them a better view of what's going on there plus Bronx getting hurt on TS might also have something to do with the change.  Regardless of our feelings, it's what they must think they have to do at this time to be safer or whatever reason they have for the switch. To remove the box now might not push them back to TS but to another less safe and secure place.  I don't think we would want to put them in that situation and be responsible for something that could have been avoided by leaving the Powers Box where it is.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 03-Oct-15, 03:46:31 PM »

Hey, I'm greedy, what can I say!! I want them back.  Sad

And yes, I understand, I really do but that box should have been taken down a few yrs ago, as planned.

Having 2 boxes up so close together may cause unnecessary battles for them. Most likely, B and DC will protect both!

Then again, what do I know???  Could be a good thing!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 03-Oct-15, 05:11:23 PM »

Hey, I'm greedy, what can I say!! I want them back.  Sad

And yes, I understand, I really do but that box should have been taken down a few yrs ago, as planned.

Having 2 boxes up so close together may cause unnecessary battles for them. Most likely, B and DC will protect both!

Then again, what do I know???  Could be a good thing!

I agree whole heartedly Donna. This is a tough spot to be in for everyone. On the bright side, we do have a working camera on the Powers box.  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 04-Oct-15, 07:04:11 PM »

Can we at least move some cameras from TS back over to Powers??? It is Oct. time for maintenance!!  devil

I'll be there on Wed, I'll help!!  frog

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1733 on: 04-Oct-15, 08:29:40 PM »

Can we at least move some cameras from TS back over to Powers??? It is Oct. time for maintenance!!  devil

I'll be there on Wed, I'll help!!  frog

Not at this time. Experts are being consulted. Please be patient. That's all I can say.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 04-Oct-15, 09:42:48 PM »

OK, thanks Shaky, I will!!

Meanwhile:

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 05-Oct-15, 06:09:57 AM »

Can we at least move some cameras from TS back over to Powers??? It is Oct. time for maintenance!!  devil

I'll be there on Wed, I'll help!!  frog

Not at this time. Experts are being consulted. Please be patient. That's all I can say.

...and I'd be hesitant to say move the whole system over there in any case. We don't know for sure that's where they'll be in the spring. While visiting Powers is new as far as we know...though without a working camera there until recently we don't know that for sure...they have never been known to spend a whole lot of time at the TS nestbox in the off season. Maybe an additional cam or 2 so we can monitor the situation in the spring and decide what to do after the season next year. We might not have the best views if they decide to nest there, but if we move everything and they do come back to TS we'll have nothing. Just my opinion.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 05-Oct-15, 03:56:15 PM »

Two on FCT for a few minutes this afternoon, below platform, middle/right:

(movie)

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 06-Oct-15, 09:01:38 AM »

Powers!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 06-Oct-15, 01:12:47 PM »