THE FORUM

19-Mar-24, 02:57:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 438925 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: 25-Jun-18, 10:15:58 AM »

Akira is a lovely name  happy
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: 25-Jun-18, 01:39:42 PM »

Akira means "graceful strength" in Sanskrit.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: 25-Jun-18, 04:55:08 PM »

Akira means "graceful strength" in Sanskrit.

Very fitting name  thumbsup
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: 12-Jul-18, 02:16:15 PM »

wub2 wub2

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: 12-Jul-18, 03:06:33 PM »

wub2 wub2

Good to see her!  I see she likes that “grass” piece on the railing!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: 12-Jul-18, 08:21:19 PM »

wub2 wub2

Good to see her!  I see she likes that “grass” piece on the railing!

I'm glad she likes it too!  I always got nervous when it was windy out and she'd try to hold her grip on those slippery railings.  Brilliant idea to put those up!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: 22-Jul-18, 04:57:07 PM »

I was checking in on Cadence and family just now and watching dad watching something in the sky.  Every once in awhile I'd see a falcon whiz by in the air and then another and his head just kept following them round and round.  I suspect it was one of the kids chasing mom for food because suddenly one of the kids landed on deck and dad just took off like a jetliner!  Got a quick screen shot but can't see band clearly to know which one of the kids it is.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: 31-Oct-18, 05:57:22 AM »

Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ

This weekend photographer Shayna Marchese captured photos of a banded juvenile male peregrine falcon at Official: Liberty State Park. She emailed NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife and us to identify the bird by its bicolor auxiliary band, BE/39. Banding is a critical (and inexpensive) tool for biologists to be able to track the movements of migratory birds while learning more about their life history.

This bird was banded as a nestling atop the County of Union, New Jersey Courthouse in Elizabeth on May 29 along with three other siblings (all females). This is now the second re-sighting of a juvenile from the UC Falcon Cam nest (the other was a female who was re-sighted in Rochester, NY last month)! Both appear to be alive and well!

A camera on the roof of the buildings streams online, 24/7, which can be viewed on our website: conservewildlifenj.org/education/uc-falconcam

Photographers in #NJ who photograph a rare species can share with our group on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/groups/wildlifenj/
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: 31-Oct-18, 08:45:26 AM »

Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ

This weekend photographer Shayna Marchese captured photos of a banded juvenile male peregrine falcon at Official: Liberty State Park. She emailed NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife and us to identify the bird by its bicolor auxiliary band, BE/39. Banding is a critical (and inexpensive) tool for biologists to be able to track the movements of migratory birds while learning more about their life history.

This bird was banded as a nestling atop the County of Union, New Jersey Courthouse in Elizabeth on May 29 along with three other siblings (all females). This is now the second re-sighting of a juvenile from the UC Falcon Cam nest (the other was a female who was re-sighted in Rochester, NY last month)! Both appear to be alive and well!

A camera on the roof of the buildings streams online, 24/7, which can be viewed on our website: conservewildlifenj.org/education/uc-falconcam

Photographers in #NJ who photograph a rare species can share with our group on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/groups/wildlifenj/

Wonderful news and what a gorgeous Falcon! Thanks for sharing, Carly! Did we know there was another of Cadence’s seen in Rochester last month?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: 31-Oct-18, 08:55:39 AM »

Not that I know of, I know about the one from the Jersey City nest site that we had hoped was one of Cadence's.  Either they were referring to that one or there is another sighting we don't know of!
« Last Edit: 31-Oct-18, 09:06:05 AM by carly » Logged
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: 31-Oct-18, 05:28:31 PM »

That's great news about the sighting of one of Cadence and Allen's babies, but I don't think I'd trust the accuracy of the article. As we all know, not only have there been no sightings of a UC juvie in the Rochester area (at least that any of us knows of), but the other three offspring in this year's UC nest were two males and a female, not three females, as the article says.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: 31-Oct-18, 06:10:28 PM »

That's great news about the sighting of one of Cadence and Allen's babies, but I don't think I'd trust the accuracy of the article. As we all know, not only have there been no sightings of a UC juvie in the Rochester area (at least that any of us knows of), but the other three offspring in this year's UC nest were two males and a female, not three females, as the article says.

Yes it was a bit confusing wasn't it.  The only other thing I can think is that someone in Rochester did spot one of her offspring somewhere (a banding station maybe) and reported the bands but didn't have a photo or one that they shared publicly at least.   Anyway at least in this case we have photographic evidence that it is indeed one of Cadence's offspring so huzzah!
« Last Edit: 31-Oct-18, 07:12:34 PM by carly » Logged
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: 04-Nov-18, 09:52:50 PM »

The Jersey falcon spotted at Montezuma last month was one of the three 2018 foster females from 101 Hudson in Jersey City.  I believe UC corrected the entry about the sexes of the 2018 falcons:  1 female and 3 males.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings”
William Blake
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: 12-Jan-19, 04:52:17 PM »

Betty Ann has posted a nice video of Cadence taken yesterday.  She gets more beautiful every time I see her  wub2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sYoXVAKNpAU
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: 13-Jan-19, 09:55:53 AM »

Betty Ann has posted a nice video of Cadence taken yesterday. She gets more beautiful every time I see her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sYoXVAKNpAU
Under Cadence is her mate.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: