THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:29:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aria - 85/BA (2016)  (Read 170580 times)
Kris G. and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: 16-Apr-18, 07:52:15 AM »

Aria and Lucky both safe and accounted for after the storm.  They just came to the nest tray for the first time since it began!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 16-Apr-18, 08:43:19 AM »

Aria and Lucky both safe and accounted for after the storm.  They just came to the nest tray for the first time since it began!

2thumbsup

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 16-Apr-18, 08:53:40 AM »

phew Thanks, carly.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 16-Apr-18, 04:43:55 PM »

Aria visiting the tray.  4.41 pm
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 16-Apr-18, 05:06:09 PM »

She cracks me up...looks very vocal!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 16-Apr-18, 06:43:29 PM »

She cracks me up...looks very vocal!

Me too, she always has something to say  wub2  Lucky brought her some dinner.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 19-Apr-18, 09:54:16 AM »

Whoa! What the heck is this? Dead Coopers Hawk, maybe?

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 19-Apr-18, 10:36:10 AM »

It's gone now.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 19-Apr-18, 10:42:01 AM »

Saw that earlier - -now all I see is white squares.  I saw Aria on the Mondelez sign this morning - she perches there when she's hunting. 
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 19-Apr-18, 11:08:58 AM »

I saw Lucky perched next to it for a bit. Perhaps he took it away.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 06-May-18, 12:25:25 PM »

Amidst all the good hatching news for Beauty and Cadence, I have some sad news to share with everyone.  It's not a post I ever expected to make so soon but it is what it is.

Aria has been displaced by another female...before I go on - let me assure you I saw Aria just an hour ago and she is fine.  She is alive and I saw no visible injuries on her.  If any of you have been watching the cam since May 1st you may have been confused at who you were seeing as was I - Aria is still trying to come back home it seems so you may have seen her the odd time as well as this new female.

Lucky at this point only cares about eggs and whoever will lay them so he's staying out of this.  The new female has been positively ID'd by Roger as 69/BC who is Darcy from the Statler site in Buffalo, which makes her an M&K great grand child so there is that.  Her father Ralphie is RM and Tiago's son as you know.

We have all really come to love Aria - she's just been a breathe of fresh air at our site.  She even attracted the attention of younger workers at a new tech company at our site with her chattering and exceptional flying skills.  They were all so excited to learn about peregrine falcons and it's all because of her.  You just couldn't help but know when she was around and you could see and hear her exuberance.  

At this point I don't know what is going to happen, I am hoping she gives up and keeps herself safe.  Darcy is a very large falcon - much larger than both Aria and Lucky.  I suspect she is the female that came back in November as it was very much a case of deju-vu seeing all three of them in the air this morning.  Darcy chased her out of the territory and then returned a bit later but otherwise I didn't see any indication of a fight  so at this point I think it's more like a cat and mouse situation.  Lucky seems to have accepted Darcy and is providing food for her and mating with her.

I will keep you posted on any updates and you can be sure I will keep an eye out for Aria.
« Last Edit: 06-May-18, 12:37:55 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 06-May-18, 01:45:30 PM »

It’s sad to hear she’s lost her site.  I loved watching her “chatter”!  Even though you couldn’t hear her on cam, you could see how vocal she is.  I’m really glad you got to see her today, she’s ok and, hopefully, she stays away and keeps herself safe.  Thanks for being Aria’s watcher and keeping us posted.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 06-May-18, 02:23:33 PM »

Good that nobody appears to be hurt. Maybe Aria needs to wander one more year before settling in somewhere. If she doesn't stay there maybe we'll be lucky enough to see her again elsewhere.  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 06-May-18, 02:28:26 PM »

Good that nobody appears to be hurt. Maybe Aria needs to wander one more year before settling in somewhere. If she doesn't stay there maybe we'll be lucky enough to see her again elsewhere.  heart

I think you are right MAK, as was Joyce who said the same thing to me.  Aria is a free spirit, she's all about having flying and hunting - both of which she excels at.  I hope she finds a better place quite frankly, much as I"ll miss her she deserves better than what she experienced the past few months with all the interruptions and intrusions at our site. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 06-May-18, 07:14:31 PM »

What a beautiful little juvie! I find the bands hard to read in this pic, especially the numbers.

However, if the bands are indeed 69/BC, black over green, I did find that band number. The juvie would be from the Statler nest in Buffalo. There were two chicks this year, Erica and D'Arcy. At banding, one was given the bands 69/BC, and the other chick had the bands 70/BC.

Shortly after banding, D'Arcy became very ill, and she did not survive, so this juvie would be Erica. Erica was grounded at least once after fledging, and I have heard nothing of her since.

Here are a couple of pics from banding:

I'm just going to post this quote here because I also have the surviving Statler juvie from 2016 listed as Erica. I'm not sure which name is actually correct, but we can hopefully figure it out. I believe Sage had some input as well on FB since she was there at that banding. I didn't actually have a name for the one who didn't survive when I did the family tree, so I can correct that now as well as add band numbers.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: