THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:51:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aria - 85/BA (2016)  (Read 170583 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: 03-May-20, 06:48:20 PM »

Lots more photos on CPF FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.com/Canadian-Peregrine-Foundation-149280041803853/

I just posted a few here in case some don't have FB access.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 03-May-20, 06:51:01 PM »

Lucie has posted some photos to her Facebook page and to CPF's FB page of Aria, Indy and the babies.  Including a photo where Aria picks up her newly hatched second baby to relocate it.  The baby is fine but they were surprised by it.  She just wanted her baby closer to her.  

Please note the photos are taken through a window as she doesn't have access to the tenants balcony we used to go on due to COVID.  They still came out decent all things considered!  I've attached a few here including the 'baby move'.

Thanks for sharing the pics! So happy for Aria and, if she's like her mom, she's going to do great in her new role!
« Last Edit: 03-May-20, 07:31:50 PM by Kris G. » Logged

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 03-May-20, 08:43:45 PM »

New photos of Aria and babies from Martin taken from his balcony.
« Last Edit: 13-May-20, 05:43:48 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 04-May-20, 11:27:36 AM »

New photos of Aria and babies from Martin taken from his balcony.

Sweet!  wub2

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 04-May-20, 03:08:53 PM »

Apparently there are three now, waiting on more photos to confirm.  Enjoy these 2 new ones from Martin.
« Last Edit: 13-May-20, 05:37:01 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 04-May-20, 08:17:24 PM »

Apparently there are three now, waiting on more photos to confirm.  Enjoy these 2 new ones from Martin.

clap

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 05-May-20, 04:31:35 PM »

Definitely 3 but might be 4, she thinks the last egg might have hatched yesterday afternoon and it's leaning on the one to the right at the front. But we'll see, it kind of looks like it but I'd like to see a 4th head up before we call it.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 05-May-20, 04:44:08 PM »

Definitely 3 but might be 4, she thinks the last egg might have hatched yesterday afternoon and it's leaning on the one to the right at the front. But we'll see, it kind of looks like it but I'd like to see a 4th head up before we call it.

Aria's a messy feeder like her Dad LOL!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 05-May-20, 05:24:01 PM »

Aria's a messy feeder like her Dad LOL!

LOL..yes I noticed that.  I just heard from Marlene again and she saw the fourth egg so it is definitely 3.  I think that is perfect for a first time mom  Smiley   

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 08-May-20, 12:22:30 PM »

So sadly Aria and Indy's last hatch didn't survive.  I'm not sure of what happened as everyone there was quite distraught over it so all I got was that the little one didn't make it past 24 hours.  The other 2 are doing well though.  

On the good news side - the management has given permission for CPF to band the 2 babies. Banding is set for May 21st.  
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 08-May-20, 12:46:29 PM »

Poor little one! I hope the other two remain healthy.  crying

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 08-May-20, 01:07:52 PM »

I hope so too patsy.  By all accounts Aria is a very protective mama and she is doing a good job with the kids.  Although they have covering to some extent - with another ledge above them - they are for all intense purposes out in the open in many respects so not unusual for there to be challenges there.  The previous female also had similar challenges so I think it's fair to say it's location as opposed to the pair because the previous 2 (Mom and Jack) were a different pair.  That being said I'm hopeful the 2 kids continue to do well. 

And they have a caring bunch of people to watch over them, they are even organizing a fledge watch and will be trained by CPF for it. 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 08-May-20, 02:10:15 PM »

I hope so too patsy.  By all accounts Aria is a very protective mama and she is doing a good job with the kids.  Although they have covering to some extent - with another ledge above them - they are for all intense purposes out in the open in many respects so not unusual for there to be challenges there.  The previous female also had similar challenges so I think it's fair to say it's location as opposed to the pair because the previous 2 (Mom and Jack) were a different pair.  That being said I'm hopeful the 2 kids continue to do well. 

And they have a caring bunch of people to watch over them, they are even organizing a fledge watch and will be trained by CPF for it. 

So sorry about the wee one but, hopefully, the remaining two continue to do ok. So glad the family has people to watch over them and there?ll be a fledge watch!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 08-May-20, 03:59:44 PM »

So sadly Aria and Indy's last hatch didn't survive.  I'm not sure of what happened as everyone there was quite distraught over it so all I got was that the little one didn't make it past 24 hours.  The other 2 are doing well though.  

On the good news side - the management has given permission for CPF to band the 2 babies. Banding is set for May 21st.  

So sad.  Sad

Hopefully the others will survive.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 08-May-20, 04:28:27 PM »

Just got these from Marlene via Martin who took the photos.  Aria feeding the kids and Indy watching.
« Last Edit: 13-May-20, 05:41:11 PM by carly » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: