THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 01:46:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Video & New Camera Page In Time For Hatching  (Read 42534 times)
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 18-May-10, 12:14:39 PM »

I'm logged into facebook , but I cannot post on the streamingvideo.It says User is not logged in aaarggh
Waiting for a hatch,
Greetings Carla
I don't know what I did wrong,but I can post now,just tried something.... stupid
« Last Edit: 23-May-10, 06:09:13 PM by carla » Logged
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 18-May-10, 01:20:48 PM »

Is anyone else besides me getting a blank screen when clicking on the "Tune in to the rfalconcam show on Ustream" under the Ustream picture on rfalconcam?   ???

It's working for me on 6 different browsers. Try quitting and restarting your browser.
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 20-May-10, 06:15:32 PM »

I am logged into Facebook and am able to compose a message.  However, when I submit it, I am told that it will be posted when approved by the "owner."  I've done this a couple of times but it never shows up.  Any idea what I am missing here?
Kapi in VT
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 20-May-10, 10:01:53 PM »

Sounds like you've configured the Ustream link to Facebook to require you to approve your Ustream messages before the will post to your facebook page.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 21-May-10, 10:11:15 AM »

Is anyone else besides me getting a blank screen when clicking on the "Tune in to the rfalconcam show on Ustream" under the Ustream picture on rfalconcam?   ???

This may or may not be the same problem...there's an Optimum online ad that's been interrupting my video.  Whenever that ad comes up the screen goes blank...have to use the refresh button to start it again.  It works fine then until that ad comes up again.  I know there's no control over the ad content, but if there's anyone to contact about it, it is aggravating!  Oh, and the General Hospital ad that plays even when you don't accidentally click on the ad...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 21-May-10, 04:03:48 PM »

I never thought I'd be able to watch our falcons in real time -- FalKenn and Shaky are phenomenal!  And way techier (is that a word?) than me!  I'm having the same problem as Carla -- I logged in to Facebook and tried to log in from the streaming video, but it says I'm not logged in.  I did do a post from FB, but of course it stays on that page.  Don't have a burning need to post to the streaming video page, but it's frustrating not to be able to figure it out  Sad

At any rate, it is fantastic to hear all the sounds -- wish we had had this in years past -- it does make me miss Mariah, but glad Beauty and Archer are off to such a good start!
Vandrefalk
KapiVT
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 21-May-10, 04:59:21 PM »

Sorry that you are also having difficulty with the ustream chat but it is comforting to know that I am not the only one here with a geek-IQ in the single digits.  Yesterday, when I tried to post, I was told that my message had been sent to an unnamed "owner" for approval...never to be seen again.  Today, I have been told that I have exceeded my daily message quota!  Like you, I just find it frustrating to be unable to do something that really can't be all that difficult.  And, I have wasted way too much time trying.
Kapi in VT
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 21-May-10, 10:33:31 PM »

Check the Ustream application on your facebook account and verify that you have given ustream permission to post updates to your facebook page.
Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 23-May-10, 05:24:59 PM »

Uh, duh -- how do I find the Upstream application on Facebook??? confused
Vandrefalk
carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 23-May-10, 05:54:33 PM »

Uh, duh -- how do I find the Upstream application on Facebook??? confused
Vandrefalk
Try this,(i'm not sure)Go to Rfalconcam cameras streaming video,then click under the video , tune in to the rfalconcam show on ustream.Then you can click on facebook.When you are logged into facebook you can find ustream under applications.I hope it works,i believe it worked on me cause i'm logged in now.
Greetings Carla
« Last Edit: 23-May-10, 06:11:12 PM by carla » Logged
KapiVT
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 23-May-10, 06:16:02 PM »

Carla, I have tried this.  In fact, I appear to be "registered" as it welcomes me and shows me as logged on by name.  However, when I try to submit a message, it either sends it off to be "approved by owner" (and it is never seen again) or it tells me I have exceeded my daily message quota.

When I try to enter Ustream from Facebook, the "go to application" link on the Ustream page just takes me to a blank page.  Shaky had suggested changing some settings on the application page but I can't get to anywhere that shows me settings to change.

Kapi in VT
carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 23-May-10, 06:27:18 PM »

Carla, I have tried this.  In fact, I appear to be "registered" as it welcomes me and shows me as logged on by name.  However, when I try to submit a message, it either sends it off to be "approved by owner" (and it is never seen again) or it tells me I have exceeded my daily message quota.

When I try to enter Ustream from Facebook, the "go to application" link on the Ustream page just takes me to a blank page.  Shaky had suggested changing some settings on the application page but I can't get to anywhere that shows me settings to change.

Kapi in VT
I can't log in from facebook.I'm getting the blank page too.I log in from "ustream"
sorry,i am a digi-dummy.
Greetings Carla
KapiVT
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 23-May-10, 06:51:07 PM »

The Ustream help page implies that you can only post messages through Twitter.
???????
Kapi in VT
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 23-May-10, 07:44:56 PM »

When logged in to facebook, go to this URL .

http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php?ref=mb

You should see Ustream.tv on the list. Click on Edit Settings on the right. A window will pop up. Click on Additional Permissions and check both boxes. Click Okay.

Now log off facebook and quit your browser. Restart it and go to the rfalconcam streaming video page. Then click on the facebook check box to log in.

KapiVT
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 23-May-10, 08:08:54 PM »

Thanks for trying, Shaky.  There was only one box in the "additional permissions" area but I clicked on it and followed the rest of your instructions.  It now tells me that I have exceeded my message limits.  <sigh>
Kapi in VT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: