THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 02:22:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Video & New Camera Page In Time For Hatching  (Read 42759 times)
Mark Bezinque
Eyas

Like Count: 69

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 14-May-10, 04:31:22 PM »

This is fantastic! Thanks to all who contributed to this!

I especially like the sound. When it's less windy I'm going to open my window and shout to see if I can hear myself on the web cam.

Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 14-May-10, 05:16:22 PM »

Logging in with your AIM account doesn't post anything back on AIM as far as I know. I haven't logged on to AIM in ages, but I recall that it didn't post my IMs any place where someone could see them.

I wonder if instead of using Ustream's social media chat service we could port the Ajax chat that we use on the Forum here into a frame on the Video Stream page?  That way everyone could use their forum logon to post their comments on the video stream.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-May-10, 05:36:06 PM »

:clap:You Guys are the GREATEST. clap thumbsup
Now could you please let Syracuse know how to do it. I think there are 4 eyeas.
By the way is that a shell I see in the nest box?
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14-May-10, 06:46:18 PM »

bow   Thank you to all involved in running this website!!  You're the bomb!!!    clap
                                  bravo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14-May-10, 07:35:04 PM »

Thank you!  Thank you!!  It's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap clap clap

Lynne in New Hampshire

Lynne in New Hampshire
Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14-May-10, 09:54:19 PM »

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!  This will make time with the eyases that much better!

clap 2thumbsup happy

Lizz
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 14-May-10, 10:37:28 PM »

I wonder if instead of using Ustream's social media chat service we could port the Ajax chat that we use on the Forum here into a frame on the Video Stream page?  That way everyone could use their forum logon to post their comments on the video stream.

In addition to appearing on the Streaming Video page of the Rfalconcam site, the video appears on the Rfalconcam channel on Ustream's site. The Ajax chat can only be put on the Rfalconcam site. This would leave the Ustream site with either a separate Social Media chat or none at all. Since we can't dictate which page people choose to view our video, we should keep the same chat feature on both pages so everyone is participating in the same conversation.

The Social Media chat also does a great job of spreading the word about Rfalconcam on the Social Networking sites, which will hopefully attract more people to Rfalconcam.
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 15-May-10, 06:25:04 AM »

Good point, didn't think of that...

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15-May-10, 08:32:34 AM »

42 viewers right now!  clap

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15-May-10, 09:31:02 AM »

I want to start this note off by saying it's not a complaint...I am WAY happier with an occasional blip in the live stream than having none at all.  It's just something I have learned about my computer & Ustream to help others who may experience the same problem. (oddly, the evil work computer doesn't have a problem 'cause it's hooked into a T-1 line)

I'm on DSL (I'm sure the same will be true for dial-up) and my bandwidth isn't spectacular.  So, whenever Ustream "polls" for a new ad or social media chat content, the video pauses momentarily.  When it does both at the same time the video will completely freeze and reload.  The best way I've found to minimize that effect is to go to the actual Ustream page (link under the Rfalconcam embedded video) and use the Pop-out option (link at the top right of the picture).  That loads a separate window with just the video and no chat.  It still blips when it's "polling" for a new ad, but FAR less often than with the "chat" running too.  And I have learned watching other sites with Ustream that the longer you leave it running the fewer ads it shows.

Yikes!  That's the first time I've heard either of them!  Beauty was just kakking-she sounded like a duck! 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15-May-10, 09:50:04 AM »

I want to start this note off by saying it's not a complaint...I am WAY happier with an occasional blip in the live stream than having none at all.  It's just something I have learned about my computer & Ustream to help others who may experience the same problem. (oddly, the evil work computer doesn't have a problem 'cause it's hooked into a T-1 line)

I'm on DSL (I'm sure the same will be true for dial-up) and my bandwidth isn't spectacular.  So, whenever Ustream "polls" for a new ad or social media chat content, the video pauses momentarily.  When it does both at the same time the video will completely freeze and reload.  The best way I've found to minimize that effect is to go to the actual Ustream page (link under the Rfalconcam embedded video) and use the Pop-out option (link at the top right of the picture).  That loads a separate window with just the video and no chat.  It still blips when it's "polling" for a new ad, but FAR less often than with the "chat" running too.  And I have learned watching other sites with Ustream that the longer you leave it running the fewer ads it shows.

Yikes!  That's the first time I've heard either of them!  Beauty was just kakking-she sounded like a duck! 
Thanks I'll have to try that. I have dial up and am having that problem that the chat was causing etc. Out here in the boonies we are lucky to have internet at all.  :Smiley 
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15-May-10, 09:54:27 AM »

Thanks for the tip Ei!    wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 15-May-10, 09:58:07 AM »

What really sounds like "quack quack" is that small comment that comes after you hear wings and before a bird appears on cam to cover the eggs. Maybe, "Hi, eggs!" or "1, 2, 3 . . ." in peregrine?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15-May-10, 10:44:04 AM »

Another plus to the pop-up screen...it's larger, but can be re-sized to be able to see the 5 mini-cams AND Reha Mae & Tiago's bunch! 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15-May-10, 10:58:54 AM »

I am NOT addicted...much!   hyper

One other note for slow connections...I've also noticed the stream will start blipping when a large number of new viewers arrive.  Resist the urge to refresh! Refreshing will only reset your ad timer to more frequent! It will resolve once the number of new viewers levels off.

I wonder who Archer was just kakking at?  I could hear him in the distance.  Beauty noticed but didn't seem alarmed...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: