THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 11:00:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078646 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 12-May-15, 01:43:08 PM »

So all those pics of Stormin with "Erin", shading her broken body from the sun, was him actually protecting and mantling his prey?   laugh 

Well, he is Rhea Mae's son...  gum

lol

Peregrines know no borders.....
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 12-May-15, 01:45:46 PM »

So all those pics of Stormin with "Erin", shading her broken body from the sun, was him actually protecting and mantling his prey?   laugh 

Well, he is Rhea Mae's son...  gum

lol

Poor Rhea Mae!!!   2funny

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 12-May-15, 02:00:39 PM »

Posted on FB 53 min. ago..I'm confused!   surprise

Canadian Peregrine Foundation

53 mins ·

King ST.
 Erin and Stormin are living on the west faces ledges of the same nest building. Yesterday 3p.m. food to the ledge. Both Erin and Stormin seen at the same time, on the same ledge. Both disappeared behind the dark, shadowy pillar.

If you take a good look at the photos that were posted on the CPF website, that is not a peregrine falcon the male was "brooding" It was prey. The colouring and feathering of the remains, does not match that of a raptor. These two have been very sneaky. We had a suspicion that they had moved the nest. The spot they have chosen is very tight to see. The behaviour I had been seeing was not of a predators in the area or anything else, but Erin was not in view at any time. Stormin was always seen, until I saw Erin on the top of high condo tower. Just had to get out there and follow her, to the west side of the nest building. Flights to this side of building is not direct but twisting and dodging other buidlings, and they don't always take the same route to get to the new nest. From what I have been seeing, I would not doubt that there is a hatch.

CPF      Shocked scared blue surprise

Didn't realize this was CPF's response to my question on FB..just saw it.  Thanks for posting!
« Last Edit: 12-May-15, 05:04:25 PM by Kris G. » Logged

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 12-May-15, 04:50:49 PM »

Hatch #2 for O'Connor and Lucky around 2 pm today.  Saw a newly hatched baby laying next to the first hatched while she/he was being fed.  2thumbsup
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 12-May-15, 05:02:38 PM »

Hatch #2 for O'Connor and Lucky around 2 pm today.  Saw a newly hatched baby laying next to the first hatched while she/he was being fed.  2thumbsup

Congrats!  How many eggs?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 12-May-15, 05:05:16 PM »

Congrats!  How many eggs?

4 eggs, so two to go.
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 12-May-15, 06:17:33 PM »

clap clap

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: 12-May-15, 06:25:17 PM »

!! Erin, Alive and well  notworthy
May 12, 2015 - Toronto - King Street
Linda Woods Reports:

Taken today around 1:20p.m.  Erin! Alive and well. One can clearly see her bands. She and Stormin have been spending a lot of their time on the west ledges of 18 King St. nest building.  I have another image of both Erin and Stormin together.  Great news. I couldn’t believe that Erin had passed away. It just wasn’t fitting the behaviour I was seeing from Stormin. He was hanging out and close to nest building. This is why, Erin was still with him.

Now to find out if there is actually an active nest on the west ledges. More observations are being done, when time allows

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/05/sightings/erin-alive-and-well/
« Last Edit: 12-May-15, 06:31:32 PM by carly » Logged
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 12-May-15, 07:02:02 PM »

Linda Woods Reports:

Taken today around 1:20p.m.  Erin! Alive and well. One can clearly see her bands. She and Stormin have been spending a lot of their time on the west ledges of 18 King St. nest building.  I have another image of both Erin and Stormin together.  Great news. I couldn’t believe that Erin had passed away. It just wasn’t fitting the behaviour I was seeing from Stormin. He was hanging out and close to nest building. This is why, Erin was still with him.

Now to find out if there is actually an active nest on the west ledges. More observations are being done, when time allows

Like Mark Twain, reports of her death have been greatly exaggerated.   happy

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 13-May-15, 06:18:39 AM »

Bloor Islington - I can see three babies this morning for sure.  O'Connor and Lucky  wub2

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 13-May-15, 06:33:12 AM »

Linda Woods Reports:

Awesome, happy news from Linda W!  Thanks for posting Carly!  wave

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 13-May-15, 06:33:34 AM »

Bloor Islington - I can see three babies this morning for sure.  O'Connor and Lucky  wub2

Hooray for #3!!!   yahoo

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 268

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 13-May-15, 09:26:15 AM »

What a relief! I've followed Erin/Mandy and her previous mate, Windwhistler, for years.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 13-May-15, 04:59:03 PM »

O'Connor just pulled out new egg shell, #4 is here!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 13-May-15, 05:45:38 PM »

O'Connor just pulled out new egg shell, #4 is here!

2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: