THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078575 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: 13-May-15, 07:42:06 PM »

O'Connor just pulled out new egg shell, #4 is here!

Congrats!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 28-May-15, 10:45:45 PM »

Lily and Ossie in Hamilton have a blue-footed eyas! I seem to recall a discussion on this board a couple of years ago where it was determined that several, if not all, of the known blue-footed eyasses in the western NY/southern Ontario region in recent years were related in some way to Madame X. Could either Ossie or Lily be related to Madame X?  
« Last Edit: 29-May-15, 08:04:18 AM by patsy6 » Logged

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 29-May-15, 06:12:59 AM »

Ossie can be tied to Dotca through his family tree..he's related to Windwhistler as Ossie's dad and WW's mom and dad were Toby and Alberta.  Surge's mom was Angel who was also Dotca's mom.  And DC of course is also related to Madame X as she was his grandmother.  It's too early and I need more coffee but I need to do a chart one of these days.  happy
« Last Edit: 29-May-15, 06:24:24 AM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 29-May-15, 07:12:48 AM »

Ossie can be tied to Dotca through his family tree..he's related to Windwhistler as Ossie's dad and WW's mom and dad were Toby and Alberta.  Surge's mom was Angel who was also Dotca's mom.  And DC of course is also related to Madame X as she was his grandmother.  It's too early and I need more coffee but I need to do a chart one of these days.  happy

Well, we have one for as many ancestors of Beauty & Dot.ca (and Cabot-Sirocco) as I can figure out...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 04-Jun-15, 09:29:47 PM »

From Hamilton Falcon Watch Facebook page:

Thursday, June 4, 2015, 13:30 - Today's banding went very well. The two chicks weighed in clearly as females, McMaster at 728g and Barton at 730g. Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources biologist and bander, Anne Yagi, found the pair to be quite feisty, a good sign. The adult Peregrines were upset, as can be expected, but stayed clear of climber John Millar and safety man Chris Phinney.

McMaster was named for our new on-site partner, McMaster University's downtown health campus, which has just opened across King Street from the Sheraton. Barton continues our practice of naming birds after major Hamilton neighbourhoods.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:00:01 AM »

Figured I'd put this here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/blue-jays-share-rogers-centre-with-family-of-falcons/article25192972/ Mystery solved: Rogers Centre roof closed to save family of rare falcons!
Toronto

As the Toronto Blue Jays’ R.A. Dickey was throwing his first pitch against the New York Mets at Rogers Centre on June 18, Mark Nash was gingerly making his way along a narrow concrete corridor tucked just beneath the retractable roof, out of sight from field level. The conservationist carried a cage holding three fledging peregrine falcons he was trying to return to their nest, on the outside of the massive dome, which he could access through a door in the roof..... continue story at link above.  WOW

Mark named them: Striker, Chopper and Pop-fly!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:07:08 AM »

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:34:49 AM »

A great article, with a happy ending!  I hope they all continue to do well. 2thumbsup

DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 30-Jun-15, 05:05:19 PM »

Love the names he gave them!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 30-Jun-15, 07:05:13 PM »

Cute story!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 30-Jun-15, 10:44:58 PM »

Another bad day for our beautiful Lilly Sad
June 29, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills and Eglinton - Amexon

Cathy Kerr Reports:

While out spot checking this evening, I had to rescue Lilly once again Sad  She was found in the bushes at ICICI, facing her nest, her home.  Covered in mud, and I was fairly certain, hurt.  I called Mark, and as it was fairly late, Irma and I took her up to Kortright for him to examine her.  After spraying the dirt off her with a fine mist from a spray bottle, she perked up abit but was dragging her wing Sad.  Mark hydrated her, fed her, and said she should be seen by Toronto Wildlife vet who had looked after her fractured keel, and that he would take her tomorrow morning.

Sad day-we lost our Lilly May 8, 2015-June 30, 2015
June 30, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills and Eglinton - Amexon
Cathy Kerr Reports:

I am broken hearted to report that Lilly’s injury to her wing were catastrophic and she had to be put down–this was the best thing to be done for her–she would never fly again.  And she is a peregrine, and that is what they do.  From the day she was born-which Mark & I had the joy of seeing back on May 8-to the banding-to her rescue-to watching her in the nest with her siblings-to seeing her returned again to her family and then taking her first flight and many more after that-my team & I have loved every minute of it. She was a real beauty.  She will be missed.

Soar high little one.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/06/sightings/sad-day-we-lost-our-lilly-may-8-2015-june-30-2015/ Lots of pics of Lilly!  Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:10:41 PM »

Another bad day for our beautiful Lilly Sad
June 29, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills and Eglinton - Amexon

Cathy Kerr Reports:

While out spot checking this evening, I had to rescue Lilly once again Sad  She was found in the bushes at ICICI, facing her nest, her home.  Covered in mud, and I was fairly certain, hurt.  I called Mark, and as it was fairly late, Irma and I took her up to Kortright for him to examine her.  After spraying the dirt off her with a fine mist from a spray bottle, she perked up abit but was dragging her wing Sad.  Mark hydrated her, fed her, and said she should be seen by Toronto Wildlife vet who had looked after her fractured keel, and that he would take her tomorrow morning.

Sad day-we lost our Lilly May 8, 2015-June 30, 2015
June 30, 2015 - Toronto - Don Mills and Eglinton - Amexon
Cathy Kerr Reports:

I am broken hearted to report that Lilly’s injury to her wing were catastrophic and she had to be put down–this was the best thing to be done for her–she would never fly again.  And she is a peregrine, and that is what they do.  From the day she was born-which Mark & I had the joy of seeing back on May 8-to the banding-to her rescue-to watching her in the nest with her siblings-to seeing her returned again to her family and then taking her first flight and many more after that-my team & I have loved every minute of it. She was a real beauty.  She will be missed.

Soar high little one.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2015/06/sightings/sad-day-we-lost-our-lilly-may-8-2015-june-30-2015/ Lots of pics of Lilly!  Sad

Awww..so sad.  Fly free, Lilly.  sorrow

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 30-Jun-15, 11:31:37 PM »

kleenex

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 01-Jul-15, 06:17:35 AM »

Oh no  crying

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 01-Jul-15, 08:17:06 AM »

Another gorgeous bird gone.  It's definitely been a bittersweet year.   crying

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: