THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009011 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: 03-Jun-18, 11:52:28 AM »

Nice capture from BCAW..whole family together!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: 03-Jun-18, 05:57:02 PM »

Upcoming Banding info from CPF Facebook:

Banding information - Week of June 4

Tues June 5 - 11:00 am - Toronto Sheraton Centre
123 Queen Street, 43rd Floor, Pinnacle Room

Tues June 5 - 2:00 pm - Canada Square
CLOSED TO PUBLIC

Wed June 6 - 1:00 pm - Pickering
CLOSED TO PUBLIC

Wed June 6 - 4:00 pm - Yellow Pages Group Tower
Progress Ave & Milner Ave, Scarborough
Meet in Lobby

Fri June 8 - 1:00 pm - ADM Mills, Port Colborne
CLOSED TO PUBLIC
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: 03-Jun-18, 06:52:01 PM »

Upcoming Banding info from CPF Facebook:

Banding information - Week of June 4

Tues June 5 - 11:00 am - Toronto Sheraton Centre
123 Queen Street, 43rd Floor, Pinnacle Room

Tues June 5 - 2:00 pm - Canada Square
CLOSED TO PUBLIC

Wed June 6 - 1:00 pm - Pickering
CLOSED TO PUBLIC

Wed June 6 - 4:00 pm - Yellow Pages Group Tower
Progress Ave & Milner Ave, Scarborough
Meet in Lobby

Fri June 8 - 1:00 pm - ADM Mills, Port Colborne
CLOSED TO PUBLIC

Wow! Port Colborne has hatches this year! Any idea who the adults are?

Is Linn still at Yellow Pages?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: 03-Jun-18, 07:59:27 PM »

HI kitty,

PC had a hatch last year as well and Buffalo Bill is still there or was as of last year anyway.  A banded female drove off Trillium and killed another competitor there last year - she's banded black over green is all they said in last year's post and that they hadn't named her yet.  Does that mean she had no name where ever she was banded?  Don't know but wish they would posted the band information. 

I don't know if Linn is still at Yellow Pages - perhaps during banding they can confirm her ID..talons crossed she is still there.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: 05-Jun-18, 10:43:44 PM »

Toronto Sheraton banding news!

3 boys for Stormin and Chaos at Toronto Sheraton Centre!  Some photos from today's (June 5) banding.  One boy has been named.  Both Toronto Sheraton Centre and Toronto Sun are having naming contests so winners and names will be announced soon!  Welcome GEOFF (X/15, 18 days, 660 g, blue tape), TSC (X/92, 19 days, 680 g, white tape), TS (X/93, 19 days, 515 g, yellow tape).  Wishing these boys safe and successful fledges.  Cheers, Lucie 🙂

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: 07-Jun-18, 05:30:24 AM »

MEC Fledge Watch Update - It is with great sadness that we have to report the loss of Gigi today. This morning she was still on the CIBC building on a low ledge where she stayed for most of the day. By the afternoon she had decided to try and make the long flight home. She flew across Hurontario towards MEC 3 and was halfway up the height of the building. She banked and turned back towards the nest building and now had too much speed but no control. She struck the nest building and died on impact. Bruce was there to witness her impact and retrieve her from the front of MEC 1. He then informed security at MEC of the tragic loss and brought her to me at the CPF Raptor Centre. This has truly been a sad day to start the season and I want to thank the team that came together at a moments notice to be there for her. Bruce Massey, Rob Mueller and Winston were all key watchers on the site and I thank you so much for your help. Building management and Garda Security at MEC have and continue to be such incredible and supportive hosts of the nesting pair here as they have for the past 18 years. They have provided everything from access to the nest, web camera cabling, the front lobby of MEC 1 for the banding and so much more. Thank you so much MEC for all that you do for these birds. The MEC tenants and community are also amazing supporters of this nest site and we are so grateful for their care and interest in the birds. I would also like to thank you, our Facebook supporters, who remain positive and uplifting while we deal with these sad events and encourage us to continue on for those birds who still need our help. Sometimes its hard to keep going but your support and kind wishes make it always a little easier. While we now must refocus our efforts onto the William Osler site beginning tomorrow, we will continue to check in on Midnight and Renegade at MEC over the coming weeks as they adjust to the changes that have taken place. We will continue to be there for them and visit as often as we can to provide you updates on the rest of their season together. Fly free dear Gigi.

Sad

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: 07-Jun-18, 06:15:13 AM »

sorrow

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: 07-Jun-18, 07:11:35 AM »

Fly free Gigi.  heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: 07-Jun-18, 07:20:19 AM »

Toronto Sheraton banding news!

3 boys for Stormin and Chaos at Toronto Sheraton Centre!  Some photos from today's (June 5) banding.  One boy has been named.  Both Toronto Sheraton Centre and Toronto Sun are having naming contests so winners and names will be announced soon!  Welcome GEOFF (X/15, 18 days, 660 g, blue tape), TSC (X/92, 19 days, 680 g, white tape), TS (X/93, 19 days, 515 g, yellow tape).  Wishing these boys safe and successful fledges.  Cheers, Lucie 🙂

3 new great grandsons for Mariah and Kaver!  heart heart heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: 07-Jun-18, 10:45:09 AM »

MEC Fledge Watch Update - It is with great sadness that we have to report the loss of Gigi today. This morning she was still on the CIBC building on a low ledge where she stayed for most of the day. By the afternoon she had decided to try and make the long flight home. She flew across Hurontario towards MEC 3 and was halfway up the height of the building. She banked and turned back towards the nest building and now had too much speed but no control. She struck the nest building and died on impact. Bruce was there to witness her impact and retrieve her from the front of MEC 1. He then informed security at MEC of the tragic loss and brought her to me at the CPF Raptor Centre. This has truly been a sad day to start the season and I want to thank the team that came together at a moments notice to be there for her. Bruce Massey, Rob Mueller and Winston were all key watchers on the site and I thank you so much for your help. Building management and Garda Security at MEC have and continue to be such incredible and supportive hosts of the nesting pair here as they have for the past 18 years. They have provided everything from access to the nest, web camera cabling, the front lobby of MEC 1 for the banding and so much more. Thank you so much MEC for all that you do for these birds. The MEC tenants and community are also amazing supporters of this nest site and we are so grateful for their care and interest in the birds. I would also like to thank you, our Facebook supporters, who remain positive and uplifting while we deal with these sad events and encourage us to continue on for those birds who still need our help. Sometimes its hard to keep going but your support and kind wishes make it always a little easier. While we now must refocus our efforts onto the William Osler site beginning tomorrow, we will continue to check in on Midnight and Renegade at MEC over the coming weeks as they adjust to the changes that have taken place. We will continue to be there for them and visit as often as we can to provide you updates on the rest of their season together. Fly free dear Gigi.

Sad

crying sorrow

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: 07-Jun-18, 11:15:42 AM »

Fly free, Gigi!  sorrow

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: 18-Jun-18, 06:01:11 AM »

Lucifer is DotCa's nephew - son of his brother Mackenzie from Burlington Lift Bridge.  Funds are being raised for his surgery by Hobbitsee:   https://www.canadahelps.org/…/hobbitstee…/p2p/peregrinefund/

Canadian Peregrine Foundation

Last week on June 12th, that being Tuesday, the resident male from Kitchener named Lucifer was found grounded and picked up by the Kitchener Animal Services. He was taken to rehab and has suffered a fractured wing. The good news is that the fracture placement is perfect for pinning and he will be getting the surgery to repair the wing. That has unfortunately left Mystery, the resident female, alone with the 4 chicks for the past 5 days. The CPF has been monitoring the situation very closely and the great news is that she has been keeping up on their feeding with excellent regularity and is so far handling the whole situation like a pro. Rudy spent some time yesterday doing site observations and reports that he currently sees only her, no other male in the territory as of yet. She roosts on the top of the nest box where she can survey the territory and be near the chicks as well. Yesterday I saw 4 feedings by the female and all 4 chicks ate well. Today in between caring for our educational birds in this heat, I was able to witness on the camera 2 feedings for sure that again saw all 4 chicks get a great feeding. Another camera watcher caught another feeding just before dusk tonight. The banding is set for June 28th and we will be monitoring very closely every day to ensure that all continues to go well for the young ones. We are also hoping to get more site visit observations to see how well Mystery is doing outside of camera range. So far so good and all is well as of today. Lucifer is getting great care and will be on the mend soon and Mystery is doing an amazing job with her chicks. We will continue to keep a very close eye on this nest and post updates as we have them for you.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: 18-Jun-18, 11:08:22 AM »

Best of luck to all! Thanks Carly!!!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: 27-Jun-18, 09:22:10 AM »

Toronto Sheraton Centre
June 26th 2018
Fledge Watch Day 2
The first fledge from yesterday was found on the sidwalk by security at 150 York St. The bird was safely placed in a box and kept secure until Bruce arrived. Bruce confirmed it's yellow tape bird, X/93 banded at the Sheraton Hotel on June 5th. Healthy, with no signs of injury, he was placed in a carrier and held until dark. He was returned to the nest ledge to join his two unfledged siblings.. Hopefully he'll get a good meal or two and all three will wait out the rainy weather expected on, Wednesday.
Many thanks to Security and Environmental staff of 150 York St., Security and Hotel Staff at the Sheraton Centre Hotel for your ongoing support of the Peregrines.
A big thank you to
Bruce and Sally for your assistance tonight with the release of the little guy.

« Last Edit: 27-Jun-18, 10:10:39 AM by Kris G. » Logged

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: 27-Jun-18, 10:11:11 AM »

Sheraton

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: