THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009323 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:20:13 PM »

!!! Lady Gaga Update
July 07, 2011 - Windsor - Ambassador Bridge
Dennis Patrick Reports:

Good News, we just got a phone call from the Vet that Lady Gaga made it through surgery doing well, at the moment she is resting.
Gwen & Dennis Site Co-ordinators CPF

clap good news but still feel bad for her.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:21:05 PM »

good news

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:21:59 PM »

I wonder if they will dress her in pigeon meat?

Ok, that was a bad reference to the human Lady gaga Grin

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:26:50 PM »

rofl

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 07-Jul-11, 08:39:39 PM »

!!! Lady Gaga looking good
Dennis Patrick Reports:

At 4 P.M. we took a bird into the Vet’s office so she could have something to eat. The lady on duty said that she would give it to Lady Gaga around 6 P.M. because of having surgery on her leg this morning. She was awake and looking at us when we saw her. She is being well taken care of so we left there feeling somwhat better than yesterday. It’s always sad to see such a wonderful creature in a cage rather than flying like she has been doing. We’re thankful that she is looking so good. Will keep you updated as time goes on.
Gwen & Dennis Site co-ordinators for CPF
Posted on July 7, 2011 8:01 pm

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 07-Jul-11, 10:38:27 PM »

Dennis Patrick Reports:

At 4 P.M. we took a bird into the Vet’s office so she could have something to eat. The lady on duty said that she would give it to Lady Gaga around 6 P.M. because of having surgery on her leg this morning. She was awake and looking at us when we saw her. She is being well taken care of so we left there feeling somwhat better than yesterday. It’s always sad to see such a wonderful creature in a cage rather than flying like she has been doing. We’re thankful that she is looking so good. Will keep you updated as time goes on.

thanx

-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:04:40 PM »

Dennis Patrick Reports:

This is really good news!  Thanks for posting it Ei.  Heal quickly LG!

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:07:48 PM »

notworthy
!!! Lady Gaga Update
Dennis Patrick Reports:

Good News, we just got a phone call from the Vet that Lady Gaga made it through surgery doing well, at the moment she is resting.
Gwen & Dennis Site Co-ordinators CPF

clap
 angel
So happy that Lady Gaga made it through surgery.   
 heart
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:13:38 PM »

rofl

laugh
I do love it, though!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 09-Jul-11, 09:02:39 PM »

Lady Gaga on the mend Windsor Star

Peregrine falcon Lady Gaga was putting some weight on a newly fixed left leg Friday.

"Lady Gaga is actually standing on the leg," Canadian Peregrine Foundation - Windsor Watch site coordinator Dennis Patrick said Friday.

A day after the falcon's 2½-hour surgery, she was doing fine and on her way to a rehabilitation facility in Vaughan near Toronto.

The plan is to have the falcon stay there until the leg is healed enough that she can be released back at the nest site under the Ambassador Bridge.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 09-Jul-11, 10:21:33 PM »

Max & Olivia flying high
July 09, 2011 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill
Doug Garbutt Reports:

Tonight, my wife Rose & I went on a bike ride out to the lake to check on the young falcons. We were able to see both along with Mom & Dad. The young were showing off their newly learned flying skills (alot in tandem). I guess they were not too hungry as they did not appear interested in the smorgasbord of  birds available in their airspace. Makes us feel good that these guys still have a shot at survival & if they learn the necessary hunting skills, they will be on their way to having a family of their own one day.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 09-Jul-11, 10:24:01 PM »

good news

-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 09-Jul-11, 11:59:20 PM »

Lady Gaga on the mend Windsor Star

Peregrine falcon Lady Gaga was putting some weight on a newly fixed left leg Friday.

"Lady Gaga is actually standing on the leg," Canadian Peregrine Foundation - Windsor Watch site coordinator Dennis Patrick said Friday.

A day after the falcon's 2½-hour surgery, she was doing fine and on her way to a rehabilitation facility in Vaughan near Toronto.

The plan is to have the falcon stay there until the leg is healed enough that she can be released back at the nest site under the Ambassador Bridge.

clap
You go, Lady Gaga!  You were born to fly!
« Last Edit: 10-Jul-11, 12:06:00 AM by margaret » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 10-Jul-11, 07:43:37 PM »

!!! Banding Success - Two healthy female hatchlings & the Resident adult identified via leg band!
July 08, 2011 - Niagara Falls
Mark Nash Reports:
A huge success today with two healthy hatchlings banded, a new nest tray installed with lots of nest substrate, hatchlings moved from the window ledge to the new nest (old nest cavity), and both parents attending the chicks!!

A big thank you to ALL involved today, as Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Ontario Power Generation, Canadian Peregrine Foundation, Niagara Parks Commission Police staff, and with John Millar and support rock climbers assembled at 9am this morning at the old Ontario Power Generation station down in the Niagara Gorge, we were all poised for a full day of activities and jobs to complete.

Like a well choreographed play and a solid game plan, 11 people organized and set into motion the days activities. Rock climbers setting up lines and ropes, banding table and banding equipment was being set up, safety instructions delivered and reviewed, over all game plan reviewed, nest tray fabrication underway and 210 pounds of pea-gravel being mixed and poured into the buckets, the days events were all completed with a overwhelming sense of accomplishment.

With the rock climbers down over the wall into the gorge, the two very healthy and very feisty hatchlings were extracted from the window ledge on the side of the OPG station wall, raised in the carrier to the upper roof elevation and were weighed, sexed and banded successfully by Anne Yagi and support staff of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources.

Both hatchlings were identified as females, and they were named Lady Millar and Lady Phinney, and were examined and deemed healthy and cleared to be returned back to their parents and the new nest cavity.

While the hatchlings were being banded, the rock climbers re-positioned themselves to the old nest cavity to await the nest tray and pea-gravel substrate that would be lowered back down to them.

Measurements of the nest cavity were relayed back to the Mark Nash of the CPF via two way radio communications so that a nest tray could be prefabricated and assembled, then lowered via rope back to the climber down the wall face where they were holding their position awaiting to install it.

MNR support staff were preparing the buckets of pea-gravel and OPG staff were providing the necessary distractions to keep the resident adult peregrines away from banding team and the climbers.

By the end of day, and without incident, and thanks to the incredible efforts by all on both sides of the border, a new nest tray and nest substrate had been installed, the two hatchlings had been sexed, banded, examined, named, and returned to the new nest cavity, the banded resident adult has been identify. By Saturday morning, both resident adults were attending and feeding both of their offspring in the new nest.

A huge thank you to the Rochester group - (now nick-named the RFW,, - (the Regional Falcon watchers) who travelled from Rochester New York to Niagara Falls, Buffalo New York to provide the valuable observations from the Niagara Falls New York side of the falls,,,, that were able to visually confirm that both parents were in attendance and were already involved in feeding the hatchlings in the new nest cavity.

Another huge thank you to the Buffalo New York Department of Conservation - (NYDEC) staff, and to both Jackie and Connie of the DEC for providing all of the critical information and logistics on the birds activities, and to John for all of his photographic work that both confirmed the nesting activities of the peregrines and pinpointed the original nest site.

A great collaboration and incredible support by all those involved that has made this day such an incredible success!!

An outstanding group of people!!!!

nwfloridafalconfan
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 10-Jul-11, 08:15:15 PM »

Kudos to Mark, the OMNR, the OPG, the CPF, the NPCP, the Rock Climbers (RC?), and the RFW!  May we know the ID of the banded resident adult at Niagara Falls?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: