THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:39:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009458 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 10-Feb-12, 07:39:40 AM »

Erin is Mandy. We identified her recently from a 2002 photo from King St and a 2011 photo at King St. "Mandy" was a name given when she was unidentified. If U look back Mark just has a bad memory. Erin was ID'd 3 years in a row. Each year he posted as if it was new news.

Ah hah!  Now it all makes sense! I don't recall seeing it posted as this is who has always been here & we finally figured out who she is!  I guess once my brain thought it was a new female (though she did seem old to be starting out at a new scrape) and not Tiago's mother I didn't pay 100% attention!  I will fix the family tree over the weekend!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 10-Feb-12, 07:44:28 AM »

The short version-Jack & Archer are not the original tiercels with 2 active nests. 

Windwhistler (he was called Spike at one of the nests until it became clear it was the same bird) was the resident tiercel at both the Sheraton with Wind and at King St. with Mandy for several years.  At the Sheraton, Rhea Mae displaced Wind and Tiago (hatched King St. 2005) displaced his father.  It has been difficult to get a band read on the tiercel at King St. for a while now, but I think most everyone thought it was still Windwhistler.  That has now been confirmed.

I don't know when Erin displaced Mandy, but I know she was only ID'd as the new female in the last year or so.

Ok thanks! So Windwhistler has been around since 2007 when Tiago replaced him? (At King St)? Supposedly? Falcons can be so confusing at times!  OMG now Erin is Mandy too!! Help me!

Tiago only replaced Windwhistler at the Sheraton.  Windwhistler has been nesting continuously at King St. since 2004.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 10-Feb-12, 07:48:22 AM »

The short version-Jack & Archer are not the original tiercels with 2 active nests. 

Windwhistler (he was called Spike at one of the nests until it became clear it was the same bird) was the resident tiercel at both the Sheraton with Wind and at King St. with Mandy for several years.  At the Sheraton, Rhea Mae displaced Wind and Tiago (hatched King St. 2005) displaced his father.  It has been difficult to get a band read on the tiercel at King St. for a while now, but I think most everyone thought it was still Windwhistler.  That has now been confirmed.

I don't know when Erin displaced Mandy, but I know she was only ID'd as the new female in the last year or so.

Ok thanks! So Windwhistler has been around since 2007 when Tiago replaced him? (At King St)? Supposedly? Falcons can be so confusing at times!  OMG now Erin is Mandy too!! Help me!

Tiago only replaced Windwhistler at the Sheraton.  Windwhistler has been nesting continuously at King St. since 2004.

Yes, I meant WW has been at King St since 2007. I'm confusing myself now!!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:04:46 AM »

I can just about remember who I am related to... never mind Pefas.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:09:04 AM »

Let's try it this way...
Windwhistler @ Sheraton AND King St. 2004-2007

Windwhistler @ King St. ONLY 2008-present

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 10-Feb-12, 08:20:57 AM »

Let's try it this way...

bow YES!! LOL

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 10-Feb-12, 11:53:25 AM »

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2012/02/sightings/windwhistler-aka-spike-black-e-overt-is-still-the-resident-adult-male-hes-14-years-old-this-year/ All about Windwhistler (Spike) and his mates. Wow, what a story!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 10-Feb-12, 03:43:13 PM »

Let's try it this way...

Erin is Mandy. We identified her recently from a 2002 photo from King St and a 2011 photo at King St. "Mandy" was a name given when she was unidentified. If U look back Mark just has a bad memory. Erin was ID'd 3 years in a row. Each year he posted as if it was new news.

And you know what else all this means?  Rhea Mae's Tiago & Quest's Kendal are full brothers.  I knew they were both hatched at King St., just didn't know all the birds were the same!  hyper

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 10-Feb-12, 03:49:40 PM »

Let's try it this way...

And you know what else all this means?  Rhea Mae's Tiago & Quest's Kendal are full brothers.  I knew they were both hatched at King St., just didn't know all the birds were the same!  hyper

Holy "As the Falcon Turns"!!!!!!   Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 10-Feb-12, 03:57:51 PM »

And you know what else all this means?  Rhea Mae's Tiago & Quest's Kendal are full brothers.  I knew they were both hatched at King St., just didn't know all the birds were the same!  hyper

Holy "As the Falcon Turns"!!!!!!   Grin

AND...Erin's parents are Raynie & Leopold...Raynie being the female displaced by Archer's sister, Millie, who successfully nested with Leopold in 2009 & 2010. 

Erin's sister is Kathy Q (properly Chantal) of Indy.  Raynie was the sister of Nora from Black Dog.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 10-Feb-12, 04:05:30 PM »

Woohoo great news and great work Frank and Tracy on finally confirming the ID's!!  handshake
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 10-Feb-12, 04:14:27 PM »

And you know what else all this means?  Rhea Mae's Tiago & Quest's Kendal are full brothers.  I knew they were both hatched at King St., just didn't know all the birds were the same!  hyper

AND...Erin's parents are Raynie & Leopold...Raynie being the female displaced by Archer's sister, Millie, who successfully nested with Leopold in 2009 & 2010. 

Erin's sister is Kathy Q (properly Chantal) of Indy.  Raynie was the sister of Nora from Black Dog.

Well, I'm back to where I was this morning!  silly 

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 10-Feb-12, 04:20:31 PM »

Woohoo great news and great work Frank and Tracy on finally confirming the ID's!!  handshake

Yes, excellent detective work!   Sherlock Holmes

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 10-Feb-12, 04:22:21 PM »

Well, I'm back to where I was this morning!  silly 

It does reach a point where I'm about ready to join you!  silly

Windwolves
Pipping

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 12-Feb-12, 09:56:33 AM »

Just to clarify, here's the scoop on Erin and Windwhistler.

In 2002 at 18 King St., we lost both Victoria and Ponce-Kingsley which left a void at the site.  In late 2002, Erin arrived and was photographed but not positively IDed.  Because we didn't know who she was ( none of us had scopes and stuff like that back then and that area is really tough to get a good sightline ) she was given the name "Mandy" by the watchers.  In 2003, Erin ( her real name as we now know ) and Spike ( who was Windwhistler ) laid their first clutch at 18 King.  Since 2003 to today, Erin and Windwhistler have been running that site as the resident adults.  Windwhistler-Spike concurrently ran the Sheraton nest site from 2004 to 2007 with Wind.  When Rhea Mae took over in 2008, WW changed his ways and let his son, Tiago, take it over.  Windwhistler was hatched at the Etobicoke Sun Life building ( then the Mutual Group Centre ) in 1998 to Toby and Alberta.  Erin was hatched in 1998 at the Froedtert Malt in Wisconsin to Raynie and Leopold.  The Leopold that you are thinking that Millie ( Archer's sister ) hooked up with was in Michigan at the Munroe Power Plant.  To date Erin has produced 30 chicks with WW at 18 King and Mr. WW-Spike, counting his chicks with Wind, has produced 39 chicks to date.  The offspring that WW has produced that are now breeding are Hurricane h. at Sheraton 2004, Tiago h. at King 2005, Sir Adam h. at King 2006, Ely h. at King in 2008 and Kendal h. at King in 2009.

PHEW!!  Hope that helps to sort it all out!!  Very confusing at times but that is the straight skinny on the pair.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: