THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:44:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078584 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 17-Jul-12, 08:35:51 AM »

And the hits keep coming! Awesome, thanks Carly!!!!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 17-Jul-12, 08:39:21 AM »

Juanita made a nice post about Caster I thought you might find his history interesting on CMNH - another branch to add to the family tree !:

Memory refresher from Alison:

Beauty (81/Y) is the daughter of the great Dorothy (5/*A) and Erie (*T/W) at the Cathedral of Learning nest in Pittsburgh. Her grandparents on her father's side are Bandit and Aurora of the Rhodes Tower in Columbus. On her mother's side, her grandparents are Bill (94T) and and another very famous falcon, Sibella (20V).

I don't think I had Dorothy's parents' info before...more stuff to enter...busy off season again...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 17-Jul-12, 01:30:22 PM »

Scary weather coming for Toronto..hoping all birds head for cover; just issued!

Severe Thunderstorm watch for:
City of Toronto
ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA AT 1:06 PM EDT TUESDAY 17 JULY 2012
Summary

A cold front is approaching Southern Ontario. Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop ahead of the front. Some of these storms will likely become severe with large hail, damaging winds, torrential downpours, and frequent cloud to ground lightning. There will also be the risk for an isolated tornado over Eastern Ontario. This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 17-Jul-12, 01:41:59 PM »

City of Toronto
Summary

A cold front is approaching Southern Ontario. Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop ahead of the front. Some of these storms will likely become severe with large hail, damaging winds, torrential downpours, and frequent cloud to ground lightning. There will also be the risk for an isolated tornado over Eastern Ontario. This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.

scared blue Possible tornado in Ontario!? That's unheard of right? Take cover my friends!  rain

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 17-Jul-12, 01:43:59 PM »

We've had a few small ones the past few years MAK - with this new climate but you are correct it is unusual for us.  Sunny and stinking hot right now.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 17-Jul-12, 01:45:57 PM »

City of Toronto
Summary

OH NO, not again!! This weather is terrible. Hunker down pefas and humans!

nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 17-Jul-12, 02:58:34 PM »

just checked Toronto's weather --
says -97degrees and the heat index is 110 degrees
insane weather!!!

nycbird
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 17-Jul-12, 03:13:52 PM »

insane weather!!!

Not fit for man nor beast (Um, falcon)  Cheesy

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 17-Jul-12, 03:42:13 PM »

insane weather!!!

Not fit for man nor beast (Um, falcon)  Cheesy

rofl

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 17-Jul-12, 07:03:11 PM »

Still stinking hot outside, no sign of any rain clouds.....darn it, I was praying for rain!  The hail and tornado can go elsewhere but we need some relief!!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 17-Jul-12, 07:08:14 PM »

Still stinking hot outside, no sign of any rain clouds.....darn it, I was praying for rain!  The hail and tornado can go elsewhere but we need some relief!!

Here too!  We live between Rochester and Buffalo and right now it's 93 degrees and a hot wind!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 17-Jul-12, 07:40:47 PM »

I hit the sprinkler!  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 19-Jul-12, 08:47:20 PM »

http://www.insidehalton.com/opinion/editorial/article/1405887--protection-detail I love the cartoon but who is this falcon with the broken wing? In Oakville.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 24-Jul-12, 11:16:46 PM »

Site Check at Hearn; New Unidentified Adult Female is Spotted!
July 22, 2012 - Toronto - Hearn Power Station
Bruce Massey Reports:

The last stop on my east end sweep of nest site checks on Sunday brought me down to the Hearn Generating Station for a check on Peter and his three young ones.  As you may recall, this site is now a single parent family with the loss of the unbanded resident adult female to an injury.  We have been watching Peter closely and he has been a super dad.  He has kept up with the feeding schedule and has successfully brought all three of his young, Tiny, Dolly and Dark One, to fledge stage.  He is an awesome male and no wonder given that he is the son of Surge who was hatched at the Etobicoke Sun Life centre and has been a successful father himself for many years now!!

As I approached the site, I found one peregrine on the plant directly east of Hearn eating and Peter on top of the roof of the nest building.  I scanned the gridwork and rooftop for other peregrines and when I panned back to the plant to the east, in the scope with the light just right I was able to positively identify the peregrine on that roof as an adult female.  It would seem that with his territory void of a resident female, that Peter has been able to attract a new girl to his site.  I was unable to determine if she is banded as she took off fairly quickly and disappeared behind the eastern power plant.  Shortly afterwards, a juvenile female came in from the east and flew over towards Hearn but instead landed on the eastern plant as well.  As I left the site, I could confirm the presence of two adult peregrines and one juvenile female.  I will be back to visit the site again to check on the status of the adults and try to confirm the new female’s identity.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2012/07/sightings/tobi-and-ossie-absolutely-incredible/ Check out Chessie's kids!  thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 24-Jul-12, 11:21:35 PM »

Good dad that Peter is. I hope things work out for him and this new female!  heart

-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: