THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:01:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Her Mate Still at Pickering Power Plant  (Read 30023 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« on: 11-Oct-10, 12:19:36 AM »

Mak and I took advantage of the holiday weekend and took a leisurely drive up to Pickering to see if we could find Quest.

In Mak's words... "We saw the Burlington falcons to start our little adventure. Beautiful area and I got pics. Next stop Toronto and Rhea Mae. We didn't see any falcons but I got pics of where the nestbox is and all the surrounding buildings. Wow what a city with all it's skyscrapers and glass. Joycie took me up to the 43rd floor of the Sheraton so I got to see the falcons birds eye view. It was a bit scary cuz I am afraid of heights but as usual the falcons compel me to do things I didn't think I could or would do!  Out of there and on to Pickering where within a few minutes I spotted a falcon, then another one showed up. They acted like a pair echupping and flying with each other. We had about 2 hrs. or so of watching them before they left us."

We definitely had two falcons on what looked like a balloon-like structure from our view point. The water tower was a long distance away on the south side of the Power Plant. We are pretty sure based on size that the male was on top of the water tower, and Quest was on the ring at the base. I don't know if I was seeing things after going through so many pictures, but I thought I saw an antenna in 2 photos out of over 300 shots taken.  At dusk the two falcons took off flying and echupping.  Wonderful sounds!  One flew north and we found the other on the stills.  That was the closest location of the day.  We got so excited to see the sun setting on the falcon.  As we watched and watched, we couldn't see any antenna, and none in the photos.  So Quest alluded us again from getting clear pictures of her. 

Tomorrow is another day, and we will be up early hoping she will be there again with her mate.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Oct-10, 01:33:59 AM »

Attached are 3 photos from our late Sunday watch.

#1 Both falcons together on water tower - one at top and one on the ring at base (99.9% sure it's Quest)

#2 !00% enlarged photo - am I seeing an antenna?

#3 Quest's mate.  Very dark looking Canadian tiercel.
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 11-Oct-10, 06:45:02 AM »

I can't see an antenna, but I bet Donna can if it is there ;-)  Great effort ladies!
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Oct-10, 06:46:52 AM »

Great pictures of both falcons!  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-Oct-10, 07:02:10 AM »

I don't know but I almost think I see an antenna in the 2nd pic Joyce. I circled where I saw it. You have to stare at the pic for a few seconds and then the antenna will appear. For real! Good job ladies. Maybe today she will fly over you for a better shot.

valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 11-Oct-10, 07:21:51 AM »

I don't know but I almost think I see an antenna in the 2nd pic Joyce. I circled where I saw it. You have to stare at the pic for a few seconds and then the antenna will appear. For real! Good job ladies. Maybe today she will fly over you for a better shot.

notworthy  By Donna!  She's Got it!  If I can see it, then it must be there.   clap
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Oct-10, 07:23:20 AM »

This is where I see the antenna, the black line. Can't draw a straight line as I am a lefty but use a righty mouse!  stupid

valhalla
« Reply #7 on: 11-Oct-10, 07:32:12 AM »

This is where I see the antenna, the black line. Can't draw a straight line as I am a lefty but use a righty mouse!  stupid

As soon as you did the red circle, it was visable - went to Joyce's and there it was plain as day.  Go into your settings, mouse, and reverse your buttons.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-Oct-10, 07:42:11 AM »

As soon as you did the red circle, it was visable - went to Joyce's and there it was plain as day.  Go into your settings, mouse, and reverse your buttons.

Um, I can't use a lefty mouse, that's the problem. I write, bowl and eat lefty....everything else is righty...like I said... stupid Ed's the same, he writes lefty, uses a mouse lefty but does everything else righty.

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-Oct-10, 08:18:43 AM »

Now I see the antenna also.  thumbsup Thank you so much!

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Oct-10, 08:24:24 AM »

WOW, everyone! Well done! (Right or left, I still wouldn't be able to sort it out.)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-Oct-10, 09:11:31 AM »

Mak and I took advantage of the holiday weekend and took a leisurely drive up to Pickering to see if we could find Quest.

So Quest alluded us again from getting clear pictures of her.  

Tomorrow is another day, and we will be up early hoping she will be there again with her mate.

It may not be a clear picture, but it's a picture!  An actual picture!   yahoo flowers  Thank you!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-Oct-10, 09:16:07 AM »

It sure looks like an antenna to me 2thumbsup

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-Oct-10, 10:34:15 AM »

I enlarged the picture on my Ipad and it sure looks like an antenna to me too!!  clap

rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-Oct-10, 11:12:46 AM »

It sure looks like an antenna to me 2thumbsup

Nice work ladies. Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: