THE FORUM

18-Mar-24, 10:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest in same spot for 5 days  (Read 42813 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12-Apr-11, 03:50:47 PM »

Can you imagine??? This would be an absolute THRILL if she has nested and has EGGS!!  

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-Apr-11, 03:51:31 PM »

From Mark Nash of Canadian Peregrine Foundation:
Hi Frank
Just received a telephone call from Bruce who is now at the Don Mills site and can confirm that two peregrines are visible, one is a satellite tagged bird, and both birds are very much alive and well.   It is very probable that the satellite tagged pefa is Quest!
He is now pursuing the contact information that we were provided in an effort to gain access to their suite to see if he can get better visuals from this higher elevation.

clap
WOW!   All this good news!  I am thrilled to hear that Quest is out and about, seen with a possible mate, and from the readings, may be settled down!   Time to update the Quest tour tee shirt!  

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-Apr-11, 03:52:33 PM »

From Mark Nash of Canadian Peregrine Foundation:
Hi Frank
Just received a telephone call from Bruce who is now at the Don Mills site and can confirm that two peregrines are visible, one is a satellite tagged bird, and both birds are very much alive and well.   It is very probable that the satellite tagged pefa is Quest!
He is now pursuing the contact information that we were provided in an effort to gain access to their suite to see if he can get better visuals from this higher elevation.

Yes! Much better than the nuke plant.

Oh yes indeed Shaky!

BIGFRANK
« Reply #18 on: 12-Apr-11, 03:55:21 PM »

Bruce usually doesnt take photos. Im sure an effort will be made to take pictures ASAP,by someone else.
Windwolves
Pipping

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-Apr-11, 04:35:25 PM »

I have very exciting news for all the followers of Quest that have been concerned about her for the past few days.  Your friends up here in the Great North of Canada have sought and found her!!  I work in Toronto for the Canadian Peregrine Foundation and we received news today, and confirmed it, that Quest could very well be nesting on a low rise office tower here in Toronto.   One of our volunteers is on-site right now and has confirmed her band numbers and that she indeed has a suitor and a ledge picked out.  To read the full story and stay in touch with updates, check out our website www.peregrine-foundation.ca and look under international news.

Any ideas? Is the transmitter still working? Looks like a wooded area in Toronto. Hope she's OK.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ptab=2&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&ll=43.897892,-78.123779&spn=5.374792,7.185059&z=7&msid=216952265679449395582.00046b11e82e9c6ab8264

If her transmitter did stop, will someone go out and look for it or her?
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-Apr-11, 04:39:02 PM »

Woohoo..I spend some time at work actually doing work today and look what I miss!!  Great news!!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-Apr-11, 04:40:49 PM »

I have very exciting news for all the followers of Quest that have been concerned about her for the past few days.  Your friends up here in the Great North of Canada have sought and found her!!  I work in Toronto for the Canadian Peregrine Foundation and we received news today, and confirmed it, that Quest could very well be nesting on a low rise office tower here in Toronto.   One of our volunteers is on-site right now and has confirmed her band numbers and that she indeed has a suitor and a ledge picked out.  To read the full story and stay in touch with updates, check out our website www.peregrine-foundation.ca and look under international news.

Thank you SO MUCH Tracy!  I think we all have CPF in our favorites...I'm so happy Quest has decided to join her sister Rhea Mae in Canada!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1002

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-Apr-11, 04:42:10 PM »

Work is always getting in the way!!!

Thanks for all the great news Big Frank and Tracy.  When her readings stopped moving, we got a little worried.  Thought maybe that her transmitter finally fell off.  Hope it does soon.

I'm thinking there will be a bunch or Rochester folks heading your way.   3postrule logo
« Last Edit: 12-Apr-11, 04:47:48 PM by Carol P. » Logged

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-Apr-11, 04:45:55 PM »

Aren't there cliffs all along that area of Duncan Mill and Don Mills roads? It's exciting that Quest may be nesting, but would be even more exciting if she and her mate have found a natural cliff site.

Dot in PA
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12-Apr-11, 04:49:38 PM »

logo
Thank you to all at CPF and here who seem to have sent out this news so quickly.  I track Quest, but somehow missed the non-movement of the past few days.  So thankful to hear she is well.

How appropriate that the CEO of Harlequin Enterprises spotted our Quest.  I believe that is the headquarters for the Harlequin Romance series books.  
Between our wanderer,  Quest,  finally settling down for a "fine romance",  and our "Big Love"  polygamist, Archer, do you think it's time to call in The Discovery Channel?  I see whole series here.
 Grin

Amy V.
Fluffball

Like Count: 14

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:11:58 PM »

In case anyone is having trouble finding the detailed news about Quest on the CPF site, here's the exact webpage: www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/04/sightings/on-a-quest-for-a-most-incredible-romance/
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:29:46 PM »

Any ideas? Is the transmitter still working? Looks like a wooded area in Toronto. Hope she's OK.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ptab=2&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&ll=43.897892,-78.123779&spn=5.374792,7.185059&z=7&msid=216952265679449395582.00046b11e82e9c6ab8264

If her transmitter did stop, will someone go out and look for it or her?

Tracy, thank you so much for this wonderful news!  We are ever grateful to you and the folks at Canadian Peregrine for this - and all of your support through the years!  This is fabulous!  We have so hoped that Quest would find a mate before the transmitter stopped!  And on top of that, she has been seen!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:39:53 PM »

I had noticed yesterday that Quest seemed to be in the same place since some days. What good news!!! I have a particular attachment for Quest who is came near my region in Province of Quebec.  happy thumbsup clap
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:42:35 PM »

I'm ecstatic!! Thank you so much Tracy, Bruce and all the rest for this excellent news!!  2thumbsup

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-Apr-11, 05:53:25 PM »

This is GREAT news  clap

Thank you Amy for the direct link
Bruce, Tracy, Harlequin CEO and anybody else

Woo Hoo!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print