THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 04:36:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309797 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:20:10 PM »

Beauty and/or Unity need to take some training from Quest Wink

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:26:42 PM »

thumbsup absolutely! Well, Beauty did well before Unity came into the picture! She wasn't the best mom but she tried her 1st year. Quest!!! That's a whole different story! What a mom and (NAG)!! LOL Mark!

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:54:05 PM »

OMG I am ROLMAO.  "Quest is one tough parent, and certainly a demanding sot! .... WOW, is she keeping him on his toes!!! Oh my goodness!! Is she a nag!!!"  

Mark Nash has such a talent to make people laugh when he's talking or writing.  I would love to have seen this report if were written by a woman (LOL).

I do remember watchers saying that Mariah in her first years with Kaver trained him very well.  Yes I agree....Quest is her mother's daughter!

Sorry,Joyce, - and it may be moderated by a MOD - and it's not PC -- but how many of us have "domesticated"  a homo sapien (sp?)  in our day?   LOL  ? If we don't do it? Who does?  
« Last Edit: 12-Jul-11, 12:08:21 AM by margaret » Logged
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 12-Jul-11, 12:03:50 AM »

ditto
YES!
valhalla
« Reply #1324 on: 12-Jul-11, 05:08:50 AM »

Sorry,Joyce, - and it may be moderated by a MOD - and it's not PC -- but how many of us have "domesticated"  a homo sapien (sp?)  in our day?   LOL  ? If we don't do it? Who does?  

Every woman worth her salt domesticates our males!  Some begins with their mother, but it is up to the wife to stomp him into something fit to enjoy dinner with  lol
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: 12-Jul-11, 05:55:50 AM »

Every woman worth her salt domesticates our males!  Some begins with their mother, but it is up to the wife to stomp him into something fit to enjoy dinner with  lol

2funny 2funny hysterical 2funny
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 12-Jul-11, 05:58:57 AM »

2funny 2funny hysterical 2funny

Rod always tells people that I "brought him down to my level".
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 12-Jul-11, 07:04:47 AM »

Knock on wood.  If there is a place where Harlie can get into trouble, she probably will.   But then Quest took her time choosing the right place.  She certainly scouted out Canada and Cape Cod.

and Nantucket.   wave

And somewhere on Long Island -- according to my Quest Tour Tee shirt!    Or was it Shelter Island ?  Also a VERY nice place!     Quest has been around!   LOL!

Yes, it was Shelter Island, which is technically part of Long Island...on her way back from New Jersey...

Map

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 12-Jul-11, 11:46:54 AM »

wave  Funny stuff!  rofl Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 12-Jul-11, 01:39:01 PM »

where is harlie today? (WED)  Any flights  yet today?
WW
Fluffball

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 12-Jul-11, 02:05:39 PM »

I had the privilege yesterday (Monday Jul 11/11) to briefly drive by the Toronto/Don Mills site at about 6:10pm to 6:15pm. Wasn't equipped with binoculars or camera at that time so i can just tell you what i believe i saw.

Once I arrived at Harlequin's back parking lot, I spotted two bigger birds (which i believe is Quest and Kendal) on top of the Harlequin roof facing the back parking lot. Within a few seconds, one started screaming (she must be our dear Quest  rofl ) and the other one quickly tried to get away and flew off smoothly with ease (he must be Kendal). Everything was very quiet again once Kendal flew off towards the wooded valley direction. Also spot two gentlemen sitting in the parking lot of the Harlequin building with binoculars in hand. Big Thank You for them for watching over our Baby Harlie. They seemed very relaxed while keeping a tab on what's going on on the roof. Not much action overall so i guess Baby Harlie  wub2  must be resting or having supper.

I was so excited to be able to see Quest and Kendal in person. Very anxious driving through that area. Have never driven so slow and careful before, so afraid of running over any of those precious creatures.
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 12-Jul-11, 02:14:18 PM »

To anyone who read my post--you probably realize it's TUES not wed---i just did--SORRY 
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 12-Jul-11, 02:37:45 PM »

To anyone who read my post--you probably realize it's TUES not wed---i just did--SORRY 

Hiya! Well, I've been watching lots of action today! Came in and Harlequin was sitting on one of the top ledges of "her" building, then saw two short flights out and around to a couple of other spots on the same building. This girl is having NO trouble with landings that I can see! Kendal was keeping a good eye on her in the morning, sitting very close to the scrape. Then watched a bit of fun with Harlequin and Quest chasing each other to a couple of different spots on the building across the way, saw Kendal bring Harlequin a small piece of food, and, just now, watched Harlequin chase Quest to a ledge. There was a bit of fluttering and Quest flew off to the scrape, while Harlequin sits on the ledge around the corner, looking a bit tired/bewildered! If you look at the camera *right now*, you can just make out a teeny Quest on the nest box!

Yesterday went out to watch at lunch and Harlequin was perched pretty sleepily at the back of the Harlequin building, while Quest kept an eye on her from a nearby spot.

Such a pleasure to watch them interact. And that report by Mark Nash was amazing to read. So far it seems that we Harlequin employees haven't been needed for the official fledge watch and it seems that Harlequin is such a fast learner, with terrific parents, that I may never have to use my towel swishing skills to pick her up off the ground! Wink
nwfloridafalconfan
Juvie

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 12-Jul-11, 02:52:35 PM »

So far it seems that we Harlequin employees haven't been needed for the official fledge watch and it seems that Harlequin is such a fast learner, with terrific parents, that I may never have to use my towel swishing skills to pick her up off the ground! Wink

Much like CPR - good skills to possess while hoping they don't have to be used.
WW
Fluffball

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 12-Jul-11, 02:52:48 PM »

So far it seems that we Harlequin employees haven't been needed for the official fledge watch and it seems that Harlequin is such a fast learner, with terrific parents, that I may never have to use my towel swishing skills to pick her up off the ground! Wink

No matter whether you would be needed for the offical fledge watch, I am sure all of us really appreciate yours and your fellow Harlequin employees efforts  thumbsup in taking part.
It is great to have you here to give us first hand info, especially for the benefit of those of us who so much would like to be there for a longer period of them but can't.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: