THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 07:54:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309856 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: 19-Jun-13, 10:47:49 AM »

Kimani's gone missing. A few of us Harlequin folk have been out and about searching for her and Mark's on the watch right now. She was placed on the Harlequin roof last night and couldn't be spotted this morning. Ack: hoping she's found a safe place, but not so hidden away that we can't find her!

Oh no Kat! I hope you all find her.  Sad  Good luck

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: 19-Jun-13, 11:30:05 AM »

Aaaaand Carina's down! Currently in our CEO Donna's office. Kimani still MIA. ANXIETY!
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: 19-Jun-13, 11:31:06 AM »

Aaaaand Carina's down! Currently in our CEO Donna's office. Kimani still MIA. ANXIETY!

Ooooooooooo!!!!
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: 19-Jun-13, 12:30:18 PM »

Kimani's gone missing. A few of us Harlequin folk have been out and about searching for her and Mark's on the watch right now. She was placed on the Harlequin roof last night and couldn't be spotted this morning. Ack: hoping she's found a safe place, but not so hidden away that we can't find her!

Oh no Kat! I hope you all find her.  Sad  Good luck

Dittoes.    I hope you find Kimani!   So Carina is safe in Donna's office?   
Keep us posted!
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: 19-Jun-13, 12:51:02 PM »

Keep us posted!

Yep: Carina's safe. Just gotta find Kimani!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: 19-Jun-13, 01:32:00 PM »

May the falcon finding spirits help you find Kimani soon!  pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: 19-Jun-13, 07:23:00 PM »

Keep us posted!

Yep: Carina's safe. Just gotta find Kimani!

Be safe Kimani!  Thanks for the updates Kat.  Much appreciated.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: 19-Jun-13, 11:26:21 PM »

Luna fledged just before dark tonight and made it to the rooftop of the building next door: 220

Kathy Kerr

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: 20-Jun-13, 12:09:21 PM »

From CPF:

!!! Second fledge, rescued sucessfully and released back to the roof, and sadly one missing fledgling!
June 19, 2013 - Toronto - Don Mills

Mark Nash Reports:

June 19th - 2013
Sadly upon my arrival just after 6am this morning, the young fledgling named Kimini that I had successfully rescued and later released back to the roof of 225 Duncan Mills road had apparently already taken flight and at some point prior to my arrival and was no where to be found.
By 10pm, as I closed down the fledge watch down for the evening.

By the early afternoon, and after a lot of intense flapping going on at the nest ledge by the two remaining siblings, the second hatchlings took to the air and attempted her first flight. It was Carina, 90 over Y. Quickly loosing altitude as she drifted down across the street and slammed into the lower retail windows at 225 Duncan Mills Road and bounced to the ground only several feet from my position. I quickly dove into the garden and a quick snatch and scoop-up and she was in my hands.
She was examined and after a short hold over to ensure that she was Ok, she was later released back to the 220 Duncan Mill rooftop. There she stayed running the rooftop ledge for the balance of the day until dark.
By 8:30pm, just when we had hoped that there would be no further excitement, Luna, the third hatchling (still on the nest ledge), started her ledge hopping. Unbelievably, we watched in horror as she squeezed her body flat to the front face of the columns on nothing more than an inch of ledge that runs between each ledge in front of each column and worked her way to the east of the building.

Just when we had had just about enough, she worked her Back almost reaching the nest box ledge, and them at 9:15pm she fell and was into the air! Quest immediately took flight to join her in the air as Luna flew eastbound across the face of the nest building. During her decent, Quest managed to get under her in flight and bumped and guided her from beneath slowing her decent and allowing her to gain a few critical feet upwards and they both landed on a window ledge on the west elevation of 240 Duncan Mill road, about half way up. While not a great landing, (kind of like using the back of the window ledge as a stopper), Luna clung to back wall upside down hooked on the face of the concrete wall with a single talon. Seconds later she finally freed herself and fell a few feet to the window ledge and righted herself. Quest was right beside her.

By 9:30pm, Quest departed the window ledge, leaving Luna on her own. Luna remained there until darkness when we finally closed the watch down for the day.

Stay tuned, more to come tomorrow………….

Posted on June 19, 2013 11:48 pm

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: 20-Jun-13, 01:55:56 PM »

Quest is just like her mama, Mariah who also flew beneath one of her young to help heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: 20-Jun-13, 02:31:03 PM »

Poor Kimani, they fear she is in the woods behind the nest.......or Valley says Ann. They will boot up tonight and go look for her. I wish them luck and it has been a few days now.  Sad  Waiting for another miracle!

I don't think anyone has got her name right!! Even me, I keep saying Kamini!!  tantrum

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: 20-Jun-13, 02:37:53 PM »

Woods or valley might not be the worst places for a fledgling to be. Fingers crossed.

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: 20-Jun-13, 02:41:30 PM »

Woods or valley might not be the worst places for a fledgling to be. Fingers crossed.

Paul

I thought so too Paul but Ann said it's not good back there, lots of Coyotes and Foxes and no sounds coming from her back there.  Sad

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: 20-Jun-13, 03:23:36 PM »

You know my philosophy...fine until proven otherwise...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: 20-Jun-13, 04:21:33 PM »

Quest must know where Kimani is cause she relaxed at the nest ledge from 8.27 until 10.50 this morning.
She did not look worried.

And FYI.... RheaMae has been hanging out at her nest ledge since 3PM and she doesn't look worried either so she must know where her kids are.
« Last Edit: 20-Jun-13, 04:30:23 PM by nycbird » Logged

nycbird
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: