THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 06:39:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256235 times)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 23-Jun-14, 07:26:59 PM »

foster parents? so the chicks aren't theirs?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 23-Jun-14, 07:34:33 PM »

I suspect a typo...the eggs were laid & hatched in the normal fashion

We often get half a story from one site mixed in with another. But I don't think there were any fosters this year

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 23-Jun-14, 09:02:20 PM »

We often get half a story from one site mixed in with another. But I don't think there were any fosters this year

I was wondering about that too! confused

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 23-Jun-14, 09:04:12 PM »

You know, I just read it again...I think he means Yellow Pages & Petra are the foster parents...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 23-Jun-14, 11:32:30 PM »

You know, I just read it again...I think he means Yellow Pages & Petra are the foster parents...

Yes, I agree Ei.  Petra hosted the banding this year.  Marion called them the foster parents.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 24-Jun-14, 05:33:08 AM »

makes sense, had me confused thanks for clearing it up.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 27-Jun-14, 08:05:12 AM »

Wow, its time!!!
June 26, 2014 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
CPF Postmaster Reports:

June 26th - 2014
I arrived on site around 1:00pm and was treated to a great time watching the young ones on the nest ledge. I watched one of the young at first exploring the ledge a bit and even spending some time on the edge. All 3 were visible during my 4 hours there with one being far more bold then its siblings. However when one of the parents brought back what looked to be a pigeon for dinner at 3:45 two of the three made there way to were the parent was and was feed with the third looking on but still a bit hesitant to come out that far. Then after food time was over two of the young ones started flapping there wing for a good while firmly on the ledge. Should be a great long weekend watching them learn there wings.

Dave

P.S. I have a couple more pics ill send in another email.
Posted on June 27, 2014 12:08 am
Observation for Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 01-Jul-14, 07:16:12 AM »

A very hot humid day, but no drama today. All three juveniles in view all day, none of them taking any flights!
July 01, 2014 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Mark Nash Reports:

Sunday June 30th - 2014
Well, today was one of those watching the paint dry days! It was hot and humid, and thank goodness for the constant breezes that persisted all day, right up to 8pm. Had it not been for the constant winds to keep us cool, we surely would have melted in the streets today.

The two young female peregrines spent all day again in the nest ledge again today with the occasional flapping and allot of screaming to their parents to food when ever they were in sight. Lorne, the little male fledgling who had finally been able to return back to the nest building yesterday after his disappearance, spent all day on the next column ledge over from the nest itself watching his two sisters. He spent most of his time sleeping, and getting two feedings by mom.

Much later in the afternoon, he was able to get one level up and ran the retaining wall ledge around the north side of the nest building. He visited his two sisters on several occasions and eventually got the nerve and dropped down back into the nest ledge itself and finally joined them! He never flew at all today.

By 9pm, the light was disappearing along with the overcast that was moving in, the winds died out and the three disappeared from our view down into the nest ledge for the night. Both adults were visible roosting on the upper north of the nest building keeping a close eye on the juveniles in the nest ledge and they tooo bedded down for the evening.

We closed the fledge watch down for the day and departed for home.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 28-Jul-14, 08:05:10 PM »

!!! Beachville territorial female has been identified! Its Rihannon from the Yellow Pages nest site!
July 27, 2014 - Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel
Mark Nash Reports:

Sunday July 27th - 2014
The Beachville territorial female has been identified! Its Rihannon from the Yellow Pages nest site!
Wow, Lucie and Richard are determined!!! Great works guys as all of your efforts have paid off!!

Lucie texted me Sunday with some great news, in that she and Richard attended the Beachville Quarry site again this weekend determined to get the identity of the territorial female that has hooked up with Joe - Black banded 48 over Y, the little 2010 Hamilton produced male who they earlier identified a week ago on one of their earlier visits. Well, their efforts have paid off, as they were able to identify the territorial female via its leg bands, - (Black 53 over X).

After checking the banding database, Black 53 over X turns up to be a peregrine named Rihannon, a female peregrine produced at the Scarborough Yellow Pages nest site in 2011. Her parents are Linn hatched 2007 from Rochester NY USA and Rueben, hatched in 2003 from Wisconsin USA.

During their visits over the past month since the peregrines were reported, we have found no evidence of them having actually produced offspring this season as we would have seen fledgling juveniles still hanging around at this time in the season. As we know, the fledglings are solely dependant on their adults for food, training and support for 2 to 3 months after they fledge,, and there is no evidence of any fledglings.

That being said, our fingers are crossed that the pair will stay (or return if they migrate) and produce offspring next season………..
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 28-Jul-14, 09:12:54 PM »

Wow and the Legacy continues! Now, is this a totally new nest site?? Thanks Carly!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 28-Jul-14, 09:16:34 PM »

good news

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 28-Jul-14, 09:41:32 PM »

thumbsup After all the sad falcon news lately, it's really great to see that our Lynn from 2007 successfully raised at least one set of eyases!

Dot in PA
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 29-Jul-14, 09:03:35 AM »

Wow and the Legacy continues! Now, is this a totally new nest site?? Thanks Carly!

As far as I know it's a new site.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 29-Jul-14, 09:56:00 AM »

Saw her getting banded!  heart wub2 heart  Thanks for posting this very good news Carly!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 29-Jul-14, 11:02:58 AM »

As far as I know it's a new site.

That's good, no battles over it!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: