THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256133 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05-May-11, 11:40:21 PM »

Linn, in her best bat imitation

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 05-May-11, 11:57:58 PM »

Linn, in her best bat imitation

Thanks, Jeanne - I remember that. The kind of bizarre thing you only see the first couple of days
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-May-11, 01:23:52 AM »

That are wonderful news about Linn!  bguitar  2thumbsup

valhalla
« Reply #18 on: 06-May-11, 05:11:04 AM »

Where the Boys are?

"...someone waits for me..."   whistle  Connie Francis, Florida, Spring Break
valhalla
« Reply #19 on: 06-May-11, 05:13:13 AM »

Thank you CPF!!!  Wonderful news!!

ditto  Love this!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06-May-11, 07:27:35 AM »

Linn on Ped bridge after fledging.

Linn from Rochester New York is back at Scarborough Bell nest Site and has found a friend. They are in full blown courtship mode!!
May 13, 2009 - Scarborough - Bell
Mark Nash Reports:

It appears that the adult peregrines on site at Scarborough Bell building were more than active today to say the least!!  After hooking up with Marion and Bruce on site in the late afternoon and  early evening after a flurry of telephone calls from Marion to hurry up and get there with the camera, I was blown away by the amount of observations that that that the two had witnessed.  The adult pair were observed in full courtship mode, with at least 8 copulations having been witnessed in less than three hours.  With lots of vocalizing, and many short flights with the pair in and out of the hack box on numerous occasions.  While the adult male never gave them a real good look at his leg bands, the adult female did, exposing her Black over Green band,  91 over V.  After checking my e-mail communication from our good friends in Rochester from last year, it appears that the adult is non-other than Linn, produced in Rochester New York at the Kodak nest site in 2007. She was photographed and observed several times last year with an adult male also wearing a Black over Green coloured leg band and a pinkish /purple coloured USFW band,, both at the Scarborough water tower and the Bell building.   While the photos I have are not the best and were taken after all of the best action had finished,  it does show an decent view of Linn as she appeared from the inside of the hack box.  Look for Marion’s report

The last to fledge in 2007. I remember that so well. She just laid there and watched the others.
« Last Edit: 06-May-11, 07:43:32 AM by Donna » Logged

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06-May-11, 07:36:32 AM »

Linn red
Grace blue
Sacajawea yellow
Ananta silver  from 2007   

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06-May-11, 05:09:48 PM »

Thanks Dale!  I'm sure they'll be very happy to hear this news.   happy

Excellent!!! I was just thinking about that bird!
I emailed the great news to Linn Pierson's friends.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06-May-11, 05:11:36 PM »

Also known as the GALS! (Grace, Ananta, Linn & Sacajawea)!!!

Linn red
Grace blue
Sacajawea yellow
Ananta silver  from 2007   

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06-May-11, 05:48:47 PM »

What is it with Canadian males servicing two females????

Joyce

Checked on his background on the site and Rueben is/was an American born tiercel.   Maybe it's the Canadian beer  devil

The male at this nest site is named Rueben, and he is from the nest site at the Busch agricultural complex in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Country, Wisconsin. He was banded on May 9th, 2003, and has a black-over-green band on his left leg

hysterical That's too funny.  Here I am accusing Reuben of being Canadian.  Canadian beer...Busch Complex.  Must be some connection.  So once the male is confirmed, we might have a US pair residing in Scarborough.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06-May-11, 05:55:07 PM »

What is it with Canadian males servicing two females????

Joyce

Checked on his background on the site and Rueben is/was an American born tiercel.   Maybe it's the Canadian beer  devil

The male at this nest site is named Rueben, and he is from the nest site at the Busch agricultural complex in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Country, Wisconsin. He was banded on May 9th, 2003, and has a black-over-green band on his left leg

hysterical That's too funny.  Here I am accusing Reuben of being Canadian.  Canadian beer...Busch Complex.  Must be some connection.  So once the male is confirmed, we might have a US pair residing in Scarborough.

Very cool eh?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08-May-11, 03:07:33 PM »

!! Yellow Pages Has Four Eggs!! Linn from Rochester identified as the resident female!
May 05, 2011 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Tracy Simpson Reports:
Marion and I attended the Yellow Pages site today to follow up on how the nest at this location is progressing. At last visit, there were two eggs on the northwestern ledge that the territorial pair were attending to. Today’s check in revealed that two more eggs have been added to the nest scrape for a total of four. While attending the site, Marion and I were both carefully inspected by the residential pair and we were able to get not only pictures of the two adults, but firm identification on their band numbers as well. The resident female is Linn, hatched in 2007 in Rochester, New York and banded Black 91 over Green V.  The male is Rueben, banded Black 43 over Green M, hatched in 2003 at the Busch Agricultural Center in Wisconsin.

Linn spent a lot of time back in Nov. 07 - Jan 08 at the old CPF Scarborough Bell hack site and was unsucessful in producing eggs with Rueben in the summer of 2009. Rueben was also the resident territorial male at the Yellow pages nest site during this same time.  We will continue to check back in with this pair and follow the progress of this nest. I will also be posting pictures of the adults once I have had time to resize them so check back soon!!

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 08-May-11, 08:24:16 PM »

Rochester falcons rule! Watch out, Canada.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
valhalla
« Reply #28 on: 09-May-11, 05:05:59 AM »

yahoo
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09-May-11, 05:05:26 PM »

I truly hope that Lawrie is ok.  That she is flying free and taking a break from raising young.  Be safe Lawrie where ever you are.   wub2

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: