THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 11:25:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 149 Days til Christmas  (Read 6138 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 29-Jul-11, 04:00:43 PM »

LONDON — With 149 days still to go before Christmas, London's Harrods and Selfridges department stores have launched their earliest ever Christmas displays.

"Sales in previous years have proved that customers are ready to start thinking about Christmas in the summer, especially visitors from overseas," Selfridges said.

"This year, Selfridges? international visitors have already increased by over 40 percent (from the same period last year), which has encouraged Selfridges to reconsider its traditional August Christmas shop opening, bringing it forward to July for the first time."

Last year Selfridges? Christmas section doubled it sales compared to 2009 in its first week of trade, when more than 2,000 baubles were sold.

"Tourists from countries including China, Russia, Asia, India and USA see choosing a beautiful Christmas decoration as the perfect memento from a foreign trip flock to Selfridges during the summer months," said the company, which has its flagship store on Oxford Street.

Geraldine James, Selfridges Christmas shop buying manager said: ?Christmas is coming earlier each year. I can see a time when we offer a capsule Christmas collection throughout the year."

London's Evening Standard cited Selfridges as saying many tourists from the Middle East had asked to buy Christmas decorations before going home for Ramadan, the Muslim month of fasting, starting on Monday.

A Harrods spokesman said its Christmas display, which like Selfridges' mini shop opened on Thursday, aims to respond to demand from tourists visiting the UK from June to August.

To mark the launch of Christmas World, the Kensington store's Father Christmas served ice cream in a choice of 12 "yuletide" flavours.   chrispup christree flowers

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29-Jul-11, 04:36:11 PM »

frustrated bang head grumble eeeeek snarl

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 29-Jul-11, 04:49:00 PM »

I LOVE Christmas!  I've already been buying stuff and to mix it up, I found an adorable Halloween Ghost on vacation with the cutest sneekers!  He's in our office on a speaker and I'm enjoying all 3 feet of him!  My trolls are also out and they'll be grouped with the Jule' Nisse.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-Jul-11, 05:51:32 PM »

I LOVE Christmas!  I've already been buying stuff and to mix it up, I found an adorable Halloween Ghost on vacation with the cutest sneekers!  He's in our office on a speaker and I'm enjoying all 3 feet of him!  My trolls are also out and they'll be grouped with the Jule' Nisse.

I'm in!! I started my shopping!! July is my kickoff month. My tree will be up 1st week in NOV. this year.  clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-Jul-11, 07:39:50 PM »

I'm in!! I started my shopping!! July is my kickoff month. My tree will be up 1st week in NOV. this year.  clap

Ya mean you haven't dragged that tree out yet?  hysterical

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-Jul-11, 09:41:04 PM »

frustrated bang head grumble eeeeek snarl

I'm with Ei.   scared blue   laugh

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-Jul-11, 10:21:58 PM »

Me too!  scared blue

rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-Jul-11, 01:00:21 AM »

Oh Please. You guys must think your in the Antarctica.
This is the worst for Syracuse. More like THE CITY (NYC) or South.

Rita
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-Jul-11, 04:21:58 AM »

I have already seen Christmas ads here too! Jeeeez!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-Jul-11, 06:02:08 AM »

I have already seen Christmas ads here too! Jeeeez!

That's a wee bit early, even for me but I do like the Christmas in July shopping ads. Then it stops, just like that, in August.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-Jul-11, 06:05:06 AM »

Our family always has a huge annual picnic called Christmas in July - everyone wears their Christmas t-shirts, socks, jewels - fun!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30-Jul-11, 06:32:16 AM »

Our family always has a huge annual picnic called Christmas in July - everyone wears their Christmas t-shirts, socks, jewels - fun!

NO way!! That's awesome!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: