THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:52:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Calendars  (Read 39871 times)
carrie
Pipping

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« on: 30-Sep-11, 10:20:48 PM »

The Rfalconcam merchandising team is working on calendars for 2012, and we need your help!  We would like followers of Rfalconcam to submit 1 wildlife picture they have photographed.  Yes, this photo needs to be one you have taken yourself. 

Directions on how to submit your photo will follow.  In the meantime, this gives you a chance to go through your own archives and find us a whimsical, cute, spectacular, unique, or even scary view of the wildlife world.

Thanks for your efforts in this endeavor, and please wait for further instructions rather than posting your pictures here.

Your Rfalconcam Merchandising Team

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30-Sep-11, 10:53:30 PM »

The Rfalconcam merchandising team is working on calendars for 2012, and we need your help!  We would like followers of Rfalconcam to submit 1 wildlife picture they have photographed.  Yes, this photo needs to be one you have taken yourself. 

Directions on how to submit your photo will follow.  In the meantime, this gives you a chance to go through your own archives and find us a whimsical, cute, spectacular, unique, or even scary view of the wildlife world.

Thanks for your efforts in this endeavor, and please wait for further instructions rather than posting your pictures here.

Carrie-- general wildlife (i.e. non peregrine)?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-Sep-11, 11:02:18 PM »

Probably because there were NO babies this year. It's a great idea though!  clap

carrie
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-Oct-11, 08:58:35 AM »

The Rfalconcam merchandising team is working on calendars for 2012, and we need your help!  We would like followers of Rfalconcam to submit 1 wildlife picture they have photographed.  Yes, this photo needs to be one you have taken yourself.  

Directions on how to submit your photo will follow.  In the meantime, this gives you a chance to go through your own archives and find us a whimsical, cute, spectacular, unique, or even scary view of the wildlife world.

Yes, for this one, general wildlife, non-peregrine.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-Oct-11, 09:20:58 AM »

The Rfalconcam merchandising team is working on calendars for 2012, and we need your help!  We would like followers of Rfalconcam to submit 1 wildlife picture they have photographed.  Yes, this photo needs to be one you have taken yourself.  

Directions on how to submit your photo will follow.  In the meantime, this gives you a chance to go through your own archives and find us a whimsical, cute, spectacular, unique, or even scary view of the wildlife world.

Yes, for this one, general wildlife, non-peregrine.

Sounds like there will be a peregrine one too...maybe no Rochester babies, but plenty of Rochester peregrines...and there were lots of grand-eyases this year...better start saving my pennies!

But there is more to this group than just our primary focus...excellent idea! clap

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-Oct-11, 09:51:28 PM »

I am so glad to see here that there will be a 2012 calendar.  I just walked past my October page tonight, and it's another beautiful snapshot that became part of the Falconcam calendar.  There have been so many wonderful pictures submitted.   MAK...your latest pic of the juvie black crowned heron must be part of it. I do hope that pics of Quest, Kendal and Harlequin are submitted.     So many talented photographers; so few months on which to print the pictures.    How about one for every day of the year? 
carrie
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-Oct-11, 02:28:02 PM »

Ok, here are the criteria for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar submissions.  Remember, we are looking for Non-Peregrine photos.

1. Wildlife image for the calendar needs to be a photo that you have taken of animals (mammals, birds, etc.) that are neither human nor domesticated.  Only ONE submission per person.
2. Image must not contain any 'hand of man'. This means no bird feeders, bird houses, fences, telephone poles, building, etc. The spirit of this is to present the animal in its most natural environment. Note: Images CAN be edited to remove hand of man elements.
3. Image should be sent as one of these file types:  JPEG, PNG, TIFF, or GIF
4. Image size should be 2200 x 1700 pixels (11 x 8.5 ratio).
5. Image should be sent to Lou at this email address:  LTCapuano@gmail.com
6. Provide a title and brief description of the image in the note to Lou.
7. Do NOT post your submission to the board.
8. Last day to submit is October 16th, 2011.
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-Oct-11, 07:30:30 PM »

The Rfalconcam merchandising team is working on calendars for 2012, and we need your help!  We would like followers of Rfalconcam to submit one wildlife picture they have photographed.  Yes, this photo needs to be one you have taken yourself. 
Here are the criteria for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar submissions.  Remember,...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1542

This is an automated post.
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 02-Oct-11, 11:14:55 PM »

Ok, here are the criteria for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar submissions.  Remember, we are looking for Non-Peregrine photos.

Can you please clarify the orientation (portrait or landscape)...is 2200 height or width?
carrie
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-Oct-11, 05:47:21 PM »

Can you please clarify the orientation (portrait or landscape)...is 2200 height or width?

Good question, Patti.  We will need "landscape" (2200 width) orientation.  Thanks!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-Oct-11, 06:05:34 PM »

Good question, Patti.  We will need "landscape" (2200 width) orientation.  Thanks!

Gee, I don't know what all this is, I point and shoot. How would I know if it's 2200 width? I tried Paint Shop Pro to do my pixels but not sure if the pic is worthy. Will Lou be the judge if the pic meets the criteria? I'm sure a lot of us here are not pixel privy! Is there a sure way to know before we send if it's eligible?

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03-Oct-11, 06:36:29 PM »

Gee, I don't know what all this is, I point and shoot. How would I know if it's 2200 width? I tried Paint Shop Pro to do my pixels but not sure if the pic is worthy. Will Lou be the judge if the pic meets the criteria? I'm sure a lot of us here are not pixel privy! Is there a sure way to know before we send if it's eligible?

ditto  I'm afraid I don't know how to do these things either! Can Lou fix it for us?  stupid

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03-Oct-11, 06:44:37 PM »

I have enough trouble pointing and clicking scared blue

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03-Oct-11, 07:19:00 PM »

I have enough trouble pointing and clicking scared blue

rofl rofl rofl rofl

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 03-Oct-11, 08:09:50 PM »

One way to check pixel size and dpi is to simply go into explorer, find the file in your folder, and right click on the file name. Then, select 'Properties'. When the properties window opens, go to the 'Summary' tab and it should display your pixel width and length and your dpi resolution.

Your picture needs to be 2200 (width) x 1700 (length) pixels and the dpi needs to be at least 200 dpi. (DPI stands for 'dots per inch' and the calendar maker suggests that images be at least that to have a quality print.)

As far as getting the image to the needed specs, there's several ways to do it - it depends on your picture editing software. There are some free software packages out there to help. Here is a link to a site with a free editing tool that I have used:  http://www.irfanview.com/

Lou
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: