THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 05:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lurker Come Out Week" This means you!  (Read 16367 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 09-Oct-11, 07:14:42 AM »

When: October 10-14
Why:  Because you signed up and then you disappear!

COME OUT, COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM ALL OUR LURKERS!

IF ONLY FOR A DAY, LET US HEAR FROM YOU!

Example: MAK, she was a lurker and look at her now. You can do this people, I know you can. With the Winter months approaching, it gets pretty boring. Why not have some fun and join in on the conversations. (You can do it) 

annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-Oct-11, 08:09:02 AM »

LOL!  Donna this is funny!  I usually lurk but part of it is cause I use my iPhone to tether for internet during this time of year.  Can't wait to migrate and use the wi fi much more often! 
I used to lurk and sometimes still do but these people are so darn friendly you shouldn't lurk long! 

COME OUT COME OUT FROM WHERE EVER YOU ARE! (BTW used the Color Orange in honor of a dear friend with MS!

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-Oct-11, 08:13:36 AM »

Lurking is no fun people! Come out of your shell like I did and see what a whole new world it opens up for you!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-Oct-11, 05:11:22 PM »

We ALL started out as lurkers.  I remember when I left my first post on the Kodak Birdcam discussion board.  I just stared and stared at the post, wondering if anyone would take notice and then...........wow!  Someone answered my question!  I was so excited.

Come on everyone!  It's time to leave that first post.  Ask any question about the Falcons.  If possible, it will be answered.

falcon falcon2 logo

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-Oct-11, 06:09:37 PM »

OK now out of 732 members....(get this)...502 of our members have NOT 1 post!!

These are very bad numbers!

So, I guess we can be sure that 502 of you will be joining us this week!!

No more lurking, please join us!

Note: 502, give or take 2 or 3

birdmusic
Fledgling

Like Count: 14

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-Oct-11, 08:49:24 PM »

I'm curious as to why "Lurker Come Out Week" is in October.  It seems to me that most of those 502 non-posters who were mildly curious enough to sign up during nesting season would be long gone by now, leaving only the diehards who come here every day for "scraps" of news about the falcons (like me  Grin )  The lurkers should be encouraged to join in during the height of the season when they are more likely to be here, I would think.

Just my observation.
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-Oct-11, 09:59:45 PM »

I'm here, sort of  silly  I get the post in the e-mail, just seems like I don't get around to coming to the board very often to reply.

This spring I got way behind on any of the birds, whether here or through RRP, which is more local for me, because with the broken ankle I couldn't sit by the computer very long.  Nothing like messing myself up the 9th of May, sure goofed up my spring and summer peregrine/eagle-wise.  Just now able to walk totally on my own albeit slowly.

Happy birthday to all I've missed!!!
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-Oct-11, 10:00:52 PM »

Ok, 500 of us to go yet!  rofl
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-Oct-11, 10:41:28 PM »

I'm curious as to why "Lurker Come Out Week" is in October.  It seems to me that most of those 502 non-posters who were mildly curious enough to sign up during nesting season would be long gone by now, leaving only the diehards who come here every day for "scraps" of news about the falcons (like me  Grin )  The lurkers should be encouraged to join in during the height of the season when they are more likely to be here, I would think.

Just my observation.

It's not really an Oct. thing, I was just looking at the stats this morning and thought, let's try and get some people who joined to post. We've had lots sign up after the nesting season, so what better way to bring them out. I was just hoping we could get some newbies in on some of the conversations. Some may have great Bird stories they would like to share, opinions on AB, U and whoever else comes along. No one has to leave the board after fledging, (even though we had none this year)! Most of the people who singed up are from 2009-2010 season, when we had babies. I'm sure a lot has to do with the forum format, even that goes smooth once you get the hang of it. The Winter months can be very long and boring so what better way to pass the time then to be with friends!! Just my opinion also..  devil

annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-Oct-11, 08:31:57 AM »

OK PEOPLE!  Get busy with at least stooping in to say hi!    These people on here don't bite!  Have lots of smarts to help with any question you might think of!  They are so helpful!  They have gotten behind me and our HUGS for the Military Pepsi Challenge.  Helped our Elkhart Chapter win and did their VERY BEST to help Kentucky get up there.  This a one big caring group over here!!

2thumbsup  clap  wave

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
birdmusic
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-Oct-11, 01:10:37 PM »

Get busy with at least stooping in to say hi!

Did you mean to say that?  I have visions of people swooping into the forum at 200 mph, posting and rising off again! Grin
nwfloridafalconfan
Juvie

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-Oct-11, 01:39:47 PM »

Get busy with at least stooping in to say hi!

Did you mean to say that?  I have visions of people swooping into the forum at 200 mph, posting and rising off again! Grin

And, apparently, making contact only 20% of the time.  wave
birdmusic
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-Oct-11, 01:48:52 PM »

And, apparently, making contact only 20% of the time.  wave

goodone
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-Oct-11, 04:36:01 PM »

Hey everyone...I don't think of myself as a "lurker" I just hibernate in the off season Shocked I am here every day and read all posts clap I only post when I have something good to say!!!

See ya, ginha
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-Oct-11, 05:04:55 PM »

OK PEOPLE!  Get busy with at least stooping in to say hi!   

Love it!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: