THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 01:50:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Janet Update - 6/19/2012  (Read 7969 times)
valhalla
« on: 19-Jun-12, 01:13:48 PM »

I have officially reached my 1st goal of 35 pounds lost!  The scale has been bouncing around that number for a few days now and this morning showed the next bounce of 37!  Beat my best time running, too!  4.2 miles in 42 min.  I need to stop that before I hurt myself.  When I reach 40 pounds, I will regroup and analyze the next step, which will probably be the next and final 10 pounds.  Then, all of my brand-new stuff won't fit.  6 garbage bags filled with a lot of new clothes were picked up last week by the Purple Heart.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-Jun-12, 01:16:12 PM »

I have officially reached my 1st goal of 35 pounds lost!  The scale has been bouncing around that number for a few days now and this morning showed the next bounce of 37!  Beat my best time running, too!  4.2 miles in 42 min.  I need to stop that before I hurt myself.  When I reach 40 pounds, I will regroup and analyze the next step, which will probably be the next and final 10 pounds.  Then, all of my brand-new stuff won't fit.  6 garbage bags filled with a lot of new clothes were picked up last week by the Purple Heart.

Congratulations!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-Jun-12, 01:24:52 PM »

Congratulations!

Good for you!  New clothes is always good!!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-Jun-12, 02:43:32 PM »

Good going Janet! I'm sure you don't need a reason to buy new clothes! lol  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-Jun-12, 10:14:09 PM »

Way to go Janet!   clap thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-Jun-12, 10:19:56 PM »

That is awesome and inspiring!  Congratulations, Janet.  How did you do it?
rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-Jun-12, 10:45:26 PM »

Nice. Keep it up.
Rita
valhalla
« Reply #7 on: 20-Jun-12, 08:01:57 AM »

That is awesome and inspiring!  Congratulations, Janet.  How did you do it?

I began with Weight Watchers Points Plus and got ruthless with fats and carbs.  Big time Portion Control.  Big Time.  Started walking 1.2 miles in Mid-January and I'm now running 4 miles per day.

Keep your food, local, organic, and natural.  No diet soda, no artificial sweetener, no decaf, no lite beer becasue all are made via chemicals.  Use a tiny bit of raw sugar.  Drink local beer - less preservatives. 
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-Jun-12, 08:21:25 AM »

Congratulations!  That last pound or two before a goal marker is SO difficult! It's easier though in the summer when all the fresh foods come into the farmers market.  I reached 60 pounds two weeks ago, on my one year anniversary weigh-in at Weight Watchers.
Kapi
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-Jun-12, 08:35:04 AM »

Congratulations!  That last pound or two before a goal marker is SO difficult! It's easier though in the summer when all the fresh foods come into the farmers market.  I reached 60 pounds two weeks ago, on my one year anniversary weigh-in at Weight Watchers.
Kapi

Good for you Kapi,Congrats!

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-Jun-12, 11:16:26 AM »

Kapi

Good for you Kapi,Congrats!
Go Kapi!!  Good for you!!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-Jun-12, 12:00:47 AM »

Kapi

Good for you too Kapi!   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-Jun-12, 12:09:29 AM »

Go girls!! Enjoy your new you's!!  clap

valhalla
« Reply #13 on: 21-Jun-12, 06:42:49 AM »

Kapi

Congrats, Kapi!  Are you done and in maintenance mode or stilling losing weight?
KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-Jun-12, 05:53:55 PM »

Janet...I am still working on losing.  I'll re-evaluate where I am at the end of the summer.  Discovered in this current heat wave that I have nothing really lightweight that fits.  Have had to donate several things that were still too snug at the end of last summer but were now too big.  Not a bad problem to have, certainly, but it can be awkward. 
Kapi
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: