THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:17:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1196646 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:25:14 AM »

UT? Don't quite see a band.

Yes this looks like UT. He has a small part white part of his auricular patch that is vertical. I try to visualize it as thumbs up. His malar strip is wide as in the pics.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:26:42 AM »

Yes this looks like UT. He has a small part white part of his auricular patch that is vertical. I try to visualize it as thumbs up. His malar strip is wide as in the pics.

He also has the dark feathers above the cere that go up the head.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:34:11 AM »

He also has the dark feathers above the cere that go up the head.

Oh dear! I have so much to learn from you Experts! I will therefore say nothing til someone tells me for sure re Beauty's Gentleman Caller.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:49:28 AM »

Bobbie - Wish I was an expert, but all I do is study and compare. Trying to learn as much as I can, but it is still hard to say who's who at this time of year, especially in person.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:53:26 AM »

Falcon visit
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:54:24 AM »

Falcon visit

Posture looks like B

And color

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 18-Mar-13, 11:01:00 AM »

Bobbie - Wish I was an expert, but all I do is study and compare. Trying to learn as much as I can, but it is still hard to say who's who at this time of year, especially in person.

Oooooo, better than I, Joyce! And of course, yes - at this time of year - who knows! Tho this season seems to be kicking it off.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 18-Mar-13, 11:38:49 AM »

Possible scenario right now - Intruder may not be DC because he is not appearing at BS that we know of. I believe this aggressive behavior is another male chasing resident male from the territory because it is the best Rochester nest site.

Beauty is not fickle when she bonds with a mate, plus she has copulated with UT and her number one priority is her scrape for laying eggs. Until she feels UT will not return, I doubt she will consider bonding with this new male.

If it is DC, she will likely join with him based on her instinct to reproduce, but she won't give up her nestbox.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 18-Mar-13, 11:49:55 AM »

Possible scenario right now - Intruder may not be DC because he is not appearing at BS that we know of. I believe this aggressive behavior is another male chasing resident male from the territory because it is the best Rochester nest site.

Beauty is not fickle when she bonds with a mate, plus she has copulated with UT and her number one priority is her scrape for laying eggs. Until she feels UT will not return, I doubt she will consider bonding with this new male.

If it is DC, she will likely join with him based on her instinct to reproduce, but she won't give up her nestbox.

Do you mean another male chasing resident female or male chasing UT out?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 18-Mar-13, 11:51:27 AM »

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 18-Mar-13, 11:57:20 AM »

Beauty is not fickle when she bonds with a mate, plus she has copulated with UT and her number one priority is her scrape for laying eggs. Until she feels UT will not return, I doubt she will consider bonding with this new m

Right now I consider UT the resident male since B has bonded & copulated with him. 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 18-Mar-13, 12:04:12 PM »

Beauty is not fickle when she bonds with a mate, plus she has copulated with UT and her number one priority is her scrape for laying eggs. Until she feels UT will not return, I doubt she will consider bonding with this new m

Right now I consider UT the resident male since B has bonded & copulated with him. 

Ahh, OK-I was confused!  Looks like the resident male has been chased out or worse since no signs of him since yesterday.  Poor Beauty has never had an easy time since she landed in Rochester-good thing she's so strong and committed!

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 18-Mar-13, 12:12:01 PM »

Ahh, OK-I was confused!  Looks like the resident male has been chased out or worse since no signs of him since yesterday.  Poor Beauty has never had an easy time since she landed in Rochester-good thing she's so strong and committed!

Beauty has certainly earned my respect in these changing times for Peregrines.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 18-Mar-13, 12:18:46 PM »

Posted on BCAW by Caroline:

http://youtu.be/z9_k2sT0e-I

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 18-Mar-13, 12:22:20 PM »

This reminds me so much of DC when he arrived! The swooping! OMG, poor Beauty. She's holding her own. So sad to watch though. Thanks Kris.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 215   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: