THE FORUM

18-Oct-24, 02:18:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1546451 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: 12-Jun-14, 11:21:14 AM »

P.S....Does anyone have the band numbers/tape colors?

Rhea Mae & Tiago
605 grams male - 21 days old named Trout
550 grams male - 20 Days old named Buzz
640 grams male - 18 days old named Oliver
600 grams male - 21 days old named Raulphie

Which of these is the little fluffy one, Ei? One would reckon the lightest - Buzz - but he's older than Oliver... who's the heaviest. So, as one might say: "What's the buzz?" SUCH a big difference! Reasons obviously include amount of food... but what else?

Just age. It has to be Oliver...3 days younger than the eldest 2. He probably has more feathers than we can see under the fluff and the fluff will depart in short order. As the feathers grow the fluff is displaced but sticks to the feathers.

But as the heaviest but youngest it wouldn't surprise me if Oliver turns out to really be Olivia. And females usually lag behind the males.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 12-Jun-14, 11:31:27 AM »

WOW! I was going to comment on the wings...which are awesome...and the one at the other end on top of the old camera housing...where does the time go?...and the youngest who is still a total fluffball...

Then I noticed it caught Rhea Mae flying in with brunch!

What a super catch!

I was quite surprised! I always look to see if the crane is moving and spotted her.

That was a nice catch by their camera!  Thanks for posting this Ei!  clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #2057 on: 12-Jun-14, 01:29:15 PM »

But as the heaviest but youngest it wouldn't surprise me if Oliver turns out to really be Olivia. And females usually lag behind the males.

Me, too!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: 12-Jun-14, 01:31:08 PM »

Me, too!

laugh  Hi Janet!   wave

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 14-Jun-14, 11:05:43 PM »

From CPF

Sheraton Fledge Watch Begins
All four juvies remain on the ledge.
Not much happened until 7:40 p.m when Rhea Mae and Tiago were seen doing big flights south of the hotel and near the nest ledge. Rhea Mae had food with her, went to the ledge and then flew off again, trying to lure one of them off. Huge flights with prey and Tiago in tow. Tiago would fly near the nest ledge with big flaps as he past ( flight training )
Eventually Rhea Mae took the food into the ledge and dropped it and both Rhea Mae and Tiago took off and continued their huge flights south of the hotel. They were flying over 130/120 Adelaide, towards Trump Tower and over 390 Bay st and then out of sight.
Rhea Mae was seen earlier sitting on the south east corner to the Hilton. Good sign to see where they might encourage the young ones to fly to.
A little bit of flapping by the juvies, certainly not the excited frantic flapping I would expect close to fledging. All remained quiet for the remainder of the evening, until closer to 9p.m. when Rhea Mae and Tiago returned with the big flights south of the hotel
This was short lived and both adults went out of sight for the night. I closed the watch for evening around 9:20 p.m. At this time all four juvies had tucked into the corner by the active camera for the night.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: 16-Jun-14, 10:05:11 AM »

Oliver's working hard at getting the fluff off

Looks like he may have made it up to the stand pipe

No idea who this is...anyone have the tape colors?

Edit...Oliver is red tape...with all that fluff he's the only one I can ID LOL!
« Last Edit: 16-Jun-14, 10:12:26 AM by Dumpsterkitty » Logged

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: 18-Jun-14, 07:21:01 AM »

Possible Fledge
-
Linda Woods Reports:

I arrived on sight and had no juvies in view at first. When they did make an appearance I could only see three from street level. Frequent camera checks were only indicating three in view as well. Rhea Mae and Tiago have been seen on an adjacent building, but really not giving me clues if a juvie had fledged.

Wicked storm blew through the downtown area around 7p.m. After the storm had past I did a check of the area and still only having three juvies on webcam. Rhea Mae and Tiago were seen briefly and then flew out sight. Not sure if we had a fledge at sometime. The adults were not giving any indication of such and did not see them flying around in the area. Some vocalization and flapping from the juvies, but pretty much the same as it has been past few evenings.
Posted on June 17, 2014 10:24 pm

----------------------------------------------------
Last I saw all 4 was 11:50 AM yesterday...

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 18-Jun-14, 10:10:38 AM »

This is such a tough fledge watch.  Skyscrapers on all sides.  A newly fledged falcon is out of sight before you have any idea where it headed.  Hopefully, if there is a fledge, the little one is ok.

Huge thanks to Linda and Bruce, two of the CPF folks that fledge watch at the Sheraton in downtown Toronto!

thanx

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 18-Jun-14, 11:05:50 AM »

2 with an adult a little before 9.  Only seeing the fluffball, Oliver, there for quite a while now.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 18-Jun-14, 03:16:52 PM »

This is such a tough fledge watch.  Skyscrapers on all sides.  A newly fledged falcon is out of sight before you have any idea where it headed.  Hopefully, if there is a fledge, the little one is ok.

Huge thanks to Linda and Bruce, two of the CPF folks that fledge watch at the Sheraton in downtown Toronto!

thanx

ditto  And I might add very tough on the neck as you are looking straight up all the time!  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: 18-Jun-14, 08:43:15 PM »

Still 2 at home at the Sheraton

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 18-Jun-14, 08:52:17 PM »

Fluffball Oliver with red tape and white tape-or is that yellow?-don't know if that's Trout, Buzz, or Raulphie

wub2 wub2

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 19-Jun-14, 06:01:49 AM »

Two Fledges.
June 18, 2014 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

This morning we only had two on the ledge. One may have slipped out last evening either just before the storm or just after. The second one may have gone off early morning.  Ground search early this morning by Harry discovered Ralphie  sitting pool side at the hotel across the street from the Sheraton. While, Trout was discovered by the grounds keeper at “Osgoode Hall, north side of the Sheraton. Both were placed in carriers and appeared to be in good condition.

Today and this evening, Buzz and Oliver remained on the ledge, minimal vocalization and some flapping but only when one of the adults flew into view. No food drop was seen by me. Rhea Mae spent some time on the building across the street and in view of the juvies.  At dark she was seen on the south east corner of the Sheraton.

Trout and Ralphie were returned to the nest ledge after dark. Mark Nash, and Alex were on hand for the release. Both birds were examined a second time for injuries or illness and were given the OK to go back to the nest ledge.

It went well without incident. A quick camera check just after the release found the other two siblings in and near the nest tray. The two releases did not appear into camera view.

Many Thanks to Harry for his first solo rescue, great job and thank you for being there. Great big thanks to Irena at Osgoode Hall for scooping Trout and keeping him safe.  Thanks to Mark and Alex to do the hands on release. I appreciate it.

And finally, the Sheraton Centre Security and Staff for their patience and assistance. We couldn’t do this with out your help.

Many many thanks to all .

Lets hope the four siblings stay on the ledge so Momma Rhea Mae and Tiago can stuff them silly with food.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: 19-Jun-14, 06:14:03 AM »

Buzz up by the camera last night

Everyone back on the ledge this morning

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 19-Jun-14, 07:20:31 AM »

So happy to hear that the two that came to ground are ok and returned to the nest box ledge.  Thanks to Linda for reporting and to all involved with the rescues!!!   clap  2thumbsup

and thank Ei for posting that picture of all 4 on the nest ledge this morning.  That is a beautiful sight!   happy

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: