THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:23:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409835 times)
rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 25-Apr-11, 04:08:59 PM »

Nice new cam and in color.  thumbsup

Great job you folks are doing. clap
Rita syr
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 26-Apr-11, 09:15:44 AM »

Not sure which one is on the eggs, but the other one is down on the other end...amazing how clear the picture is!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 26-Apr-11, 09:18:05 AM »

Wow!
This site gets my vote for most improved nestcam.  You guys are great.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #483 on: 26-Apr-11, 10:00:26 AM »

Wow!
This site gets my vote for most improved nestcam.  You guys are great.

Paul

ditto
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 26-Apr-11, 05:11:23 PM »

Oh my, I can actually see RM clear. Nice!! Plus some prey remains. Thanks!

...and several generations of whitewash  hysterical

This is soooooo awesome!  Thank you CPF!  Love the new Rhea Mae & Tiago cameras.   clap thumbsup

Wonder if it has zoom capability for when the babes go down to the far end?

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 27-Apr-11, 09:39:28 AM »

A good night time view indeed!
April 24, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
CPF Postmaster Reports:

After more than two years in the planning, our dreams have finally been realized with the replacement of the aging black and white infrared camera on the Toronto Sheraton Centre nest.
In addition to the incredible day time colour images that it is now providing, the night images are much better than those provided by the 1999 vintage camera that we originally installed.

Should this camera stand the test of time, efforts will be made to seek further sponsorship and partner opportunities to replace all of our older CPF nest cameras at many of the other urban peregrine nest sites that we are closely monitoring.

While the camera’s provide an incredible educational opportunity for all, they also help us learn and understand more of the ways of the urban peregrine, their behaviours and adaptations, they have long since proven to be a most valuable as a necessary management tool for the species itself, particularly as it applies to the urban management of the species, and help us gather and report on the birds activities so that we can provide up to date and accurate information on the birds activities, including their courtship, egg production, incubation times and the exact hatch dates of each nest sites being monitored. This information assists in the coordination and the scheduling of routine building maintenance activities, window washing schedules, banding times frames and helps us with predicting the fledging times of the young hatchlings.

A much added bonus, allows us to closely monitor both the health and development of the hatchlings themselves, identify the types of food that they peregrines are eating, and of course assists us at fledging times during the actual fledge watches.
Stay tuned…………

glothom
Fledgling

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 27-Apr-11, 07:10:02 PM »

The new cameras are amazing! Thank you so much to everyone involved in making this possible. All of you are "da bomb" (as my kids would say!) LOL

glo...
BIGFRANK
« Reply #487 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:20:04 PM »

The best is yet to come  thumbsup hatch1 There is always more work to be done. We are thrilled with the image quality and colour. Rhea Mae's true beauty can now be seen! And cant wait for the chicks.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:25:54 PM »

clap  I couldn't watch this cam before, it was too distorted and aggravating. Looking forward to seeing Rhea Mae and Tiago raise their family! THANKS!!!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:35:53 PM »

The best is yet to come  thumbsup hatch1 There is always more work to be done. We are thrilled with the image quality and colour. Rhea Mae's true beauty can now be seen! And cant wait for the chicks.

Me too, great job CPF!! I love the new cam.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:39:09 PM »

I, too, never looked at this site too much because it was so hard to see but now..wow!  Can't say enough "thank yous" for the new camera!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:42:57 PM »

Yesterday, the cams were side by side, now it's like this. Is this what your all seeing? Checking.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:47:54 PM »

Yesterday, the cams were side by side, now it's like this. Is this what your all seeing? Checking.

That's what I'm seeing too, Donna.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:48:27 PM »

That's what I've been getting since the new cam was installed.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: 28-Apr-11, 04:03:31 PM »

Make the browser window wider if you can. The pictures will return to side by side.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: