THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:52:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409671 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 22-Jun-11, 08:52:58 PM »

HEY!!! Where is everyone??

We wuz napping...whaddaya want?
spit

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 22-Jun-11, 10:03:26 PM »

!!! Kate 45 days Old
June 22, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Kate is approximately 45 days old today and still unfledged. She is shedding more of the white.  Sunshine was chasing Rhea Mae this evening, probably screaming for food.  Cinnamon is content to stay at home this evening, after his big ordeal. Food went into the ledge around 8p.m. Rhea Mae went back to the nest ledge around 8:30 and was feeding but could see who was being fed. A quick nest ledge check again, Kate had settled under the camera, Cinnamon was moving about and finally went next to Kate. Sunshine took off in the fog, probably to the Sheraton letters above the nest ledge. We closed the watch at 8:45 p.m. Fog has moved in and we could no longer see either the nest ledge or the neighbouring buildings. It was a misty day today with light rain, drizzle and more fog.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 23-Jun-11, 07:02:13 AM »

Kate's a lazy bones...doesn't want to come down from her perch to be fed!

All 3 at home this morning!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 23-Jun-11, 04:13:07 PM »

I think Kate's glued to the standpipe  stupid

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 23-Jun-11, 04:47:26 PM »

She's funny...she got down...

...then right back up again!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 23-Jun-11, 06:08:34 PM »

!!! The three remaining fledglings are back in the house!
June 23, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Mark Nash Reports:

A big thank you to Zoe who is one of the CPF fledge watch team members at the Toronto Sheraton for snapping a quick shot of the nest ledge.

Beyond popular belief, even after the young fledgelings have been able to take their first flights and been able to hold their altitude, we all must remember that they are still solely dependant on their parents for both food and protection for the nest 30 to 60 days while they are being trained by their parents.

The nest ledge is the only safe place that they know, and it offers protection to the fledglings from all of the dangers that they will soon learn about as they experience thee things on a case by case basis. The nest ledge will be active for some time to come as each of the fledgling will be returning to nest ledge (as soon as they can get there on their own steam) each night. Remember,, its still the only home that they know is safe.

This photo clearly demonstrates this fact, as we see all three of the surviving fledglings.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 23-Jun-11, 07:55:13 PM »

cool-045  Cool!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:07:47 PM »

Everyone is home again tonight...one head...one tail...one whole bird!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:10:32 PM »

clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:23:54 PM »

Curfews!!! Good parenting!  2thumbsup

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:27:09 PM »

2thumbsup  Be careful little ones

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 23-Jun-11, 09:27:32 PM »

Curfews!!! Good parenting!  2thumbsup

Rhea Mae learned well from her mama!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 23-Jun-11, 10:08:12 PM »

"Three surviving fledgelings?"  Did Kate manage a stealth flight and return to the nest ledge?

Paul
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 23-Jun-11, 10:09:38 PM »

"Three surviving fledgelings?"  Did Kate manage a stealth flight and return to the nest ledge?

Paul

I think Kate is still holding the fort!  Must have been wishful thinking by calling her a fledgeling!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
anneintoronto
« Reply #944 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:08:51 PM »

Today was one of several of heavy rainstorms, mist and no untoward activities.  Everytime the rain started up, Cinnamon and Kate would suddenly get active, flapping their wings, moving around, giving us anxious moments that they would start out in the downpour.  Fortunately, they didn't!  Sunshine also gave us a few minutes of breath-holding, when she landed on top of the "C" of the Sheraton Centre sign, at the beginning of one heaviest downpours.  She was having trouble holding her balance, her wings were going like mad and she as slipping down the front of the "C"...  It was really frightening, for her, I'm sure, but for Zoe and I on the ground, too!!  Fortunately, she finally got a grip on something, held on and after the rain abated, gave several massive shakes, sending water flying and finally took to the air, with confidence!

The most extraordinary two episodes I witnessed today were of Sunshine learning the finer points of receiving food from her dad, Tiago, in mid flight!!  I was fortunate, both times, to be up on the 43rd floor, watching it all unfold right in front of me.  The first one was a bit sloppy, but totally successful...until Sunshine tried to land, with this small bird in her talons.  To put it nicely, she skidded somewhat, but finally came to a halt and then took the food out of my sight.  But the second try was magnificent!!!  Sunshine chased up on Tiago, squawking at her amazing volume, turned right upside down as she reached her dad, reached up and deliberately took the Starling from him.  All coolly calculated, very precise!!  I'm sure my mouth was hanging open, as I saw the whole thing unfold!!  Then she righted herself and landed on a fairly wide ledge, doing so deliberately and then looked around as if to say, "Hey, I'm soooo cool!!"!!  The funny thing was her handling of the prey.  Instead of plucking it, she dragged it around a bit and then eviscerated it, pulling out bits and pieces, enjoying them immensely!!  Oh well, she'll get the hang of that skill, too, and it was so great to see her enjoying her reward!!

Anne in Toronto 
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: