THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 01:24:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1416004 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 01-Jul-11, 09:53:10 PM »

Then, at 6pm, I got a call from Linda Woods.  Apparently Kate had a brush with a building about 2pm and ended up on a sidewalk on University Avenue just west from the Sheraton!!  No one was more surprised than me! 

It happens. A similar situation occurred here a year ago this weekend when Jemison went down a block and a half from where MAK was watching. She didn't know about it until a police officer driving by told her that a bystander had reported it to the authorities. She rushed over there just in time to see Animal Control taking Jemison away.

BTW, kudos to the officer for informing MAK of the situation when he didn't have to. That's called going above and beyond the call of duty.  police  bravo

I remember it like it was yesterday! Jemison stole my heart forever that day as I got out of the truck and peered into that pet carrier he was in. Those big beautiful eyes staring back at me. It was like we were frozen in time until the animal control officer said he was going to take dear,sweet Jemison away. Off to the vets they went and I fell to pieces. I also found out that day just how special my newly made falcon watching friends can be. Near AND far away friends really helped me out and I really appreciated it and still do. All the watchers out that day got to see him when he went down the second time in the parking lot next to the Times Square building. I don't think anyone involved will ever forget it.  heart

You never forget.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 01-Jul-11, 10:55:41 PM »

One home for the night! Is it Sunny?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 01-Jul-11, 11:08:17 PM »

One home for the night! Is it Sunny?

Not sure...she was out & back a couple of times

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
anneintoronto
« Reply #1068 on: 02-Jul-11, 12:07:04 PM »

!!! Sunshine, Kate, Cinnamon in View
July 01, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:
This morning by 11:00 I had all five in view. Two juveniles on the lower east side of 130 Adelaide. One Juvenile on 150 York Street, one adult on the upper 120 Adelaide. Kate was on 150 York, Cinnamon and Sunshine were on the lower east side of 130 Adelaide. Swing stage for 130 Adelaide was lowered just below the upper roof line. Window washers out on the Hilton Hotel

Late this afternoon, again at 6:10 pm Rhea Mae on the upper railing of 120 Adelaide, Kate on 150 York St., Cinnamon on the lower east side of 130 Adelaide. 6:15pm Sunshine made an appearance on the east side of 120 Adelaide and Cinnamon took off and over to the Phoenix building. Kate had moved off the corner of 150 York Street and has moved to the inner south area of the same building sitting next the cooling tower railing of 150 York St.

I left after Cinnamon made his flight over to the Phoenix. Cinnamon is getting around, but haven’t seen him do any long flights as yet. He his taking his time getting around. Kate is taking her time, being a little cautious after her sidewalk adventure.
Posted on July 1, 2011 7:14 pm

Zoe and I were down at the Sheraton site from 12:30pm until 5pm.  We certainly didn't see as much as Linda, but did see several adults in the area, finally heard a noisy juvie flying somewhere nearby -- not Sunshine's vocalization, so may have been Kate -- and saw one juvie on top of 130.  Daytime is not usually all that active...  They love the dawn and dusk periods the most.  But our main objective was to wander all the nearby streets and alleys, making sure there were no fledglings come to roost on a too low building, on a sidewalk.  And were happy to find none!!  Our main concern is that this is a business section of the city, and being the Canada Day long weekend, people were off work for the day, as well as for Saturday and Sunday, the streets fairly deserted...  So we were content to see nothing untoward!  We may head down later this afternoon, into the evening, watch for this family to whom we have become so attached!  And hope we only see them gracing the sky with their amazing flying skills!!

Anne in Toronto
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 02-Jul-11, 01:19:18 PM »

Zoe and I were down at the Sheraton site from 12:30pm until 5pm.  We certainly didn't see as much as Linda, but did see several adults in the area, finally heard a noisy juvie flying somewhere nearby -- not Sunshine's vocalization, so may have been Kate -- and saw one juvie on top of 130. 
Anne in Toronto

Funny how you get to recognize their voices!  Thanks for keeping watch!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 06-Jul-11, 03:43:16 PM »

And the official report is in...yup, Kate is at home...

!!! Kate Rescued
June 30, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

I just noticed pictures of the rescue were posted. Poor Mark is looking pretty rough!  Fledge watch is NOT easy in Toronto!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 07-Jul-11, 09:38:47 AM »

clap  Someone knew we were having empty nest syndrome at Q&K's & decided to stop by at RM&T's

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 07-Jul-11, 09:40:54 AM »

clap  Someone knew we were having empty nest syndrome at Q&K's & decided to stop by at RM&T's

I absolutely cannot see the band, but I have a feeling it's Cinnamon-looks small to me...

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:15:50 PM »

Adult at the nestbox-- Rhea Mae?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:18:07 PM »

Adult at the nestbox-- Rhea Mae?

Looks like her but where's the tag-a-longs??

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:19:08 PM »

She was looking around-- wonder if she is looking at them?

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:20:24 PM »

This is the first time I have been able to post pictures

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:22:04 PM »

OH jeanne!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!   thumbsup

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:22:49 PM »

Thank you!  It must be I can only do this at work -- I should put the word "work" in quotations since I am doing this wave Grin

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:23:38 PM »

OH jeanne!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!   thumbsup

Good job Jeanne!  clap   wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: