THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 03:23:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1415305 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 07-Jul-11, 02:16:30 PM »

Now if only I could take pictures.... Grin

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 07-Jul-11, 03:37:40 PM »

This is the first time I have been able to post pictures

OH jeanne!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!   thumbsup

I know the feeling, Jeanne!!!!! Go, Girl!!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 07-Jul-11, 08:38:10 PM »

One in view
July 07, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

A spot check on the Sheraton trio late this afternoon. I arrived to see one adult and one juvenile. The juvenile was on the cooling tower of 120 Adelaide, while the adult moved from 130 Adelaide over to the north east corner of the Hilton. Not sure which juvenile was on the cooling tower. I stayed for about an hour and the juvenile was still in the direct area of the cooling tower. No others were in my view at this time.

A camera check this morning found one on the nest ledge.
Posted on July 7, 2011 7:29 pm

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 07-Jul-11, 11:10:37 PM »

This is the first time I have been able to post pictures

OH jeanne!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!   thumbsup

Congrats, jeanne!  I think i only did it once!  And damned if i can remember how I did it!  LOL!

Good for you!    clap
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 08-Jul-11, 06:22:47 PM »

Adult at nestbox

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 08-Jul-11, 06:42:16 PM »

Adult at nestbox

Look at you posting all these pics jeanne!! Great catch!!  clap

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 08-Jul-11, 09:08:30 PM »

Rhea Mae looks like she's still watching the babies!  Such a good Mommy!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 08-Jul-11, 09:42:01 PM »

Adult at nestbox

Look at you posting all these pics jeanne!! Great catch!!  clap

Donna, you are so sweet!  If I can figure out how to do it on a lap, I'll be posting a lot!!!!

Anatole France
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 09-Jul-11, 07:16:58 PM »

I'm so glad Rhea Mae stopped by-I'm having falcon withdrawal symptoms!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 10-Jul-11, 10:50:22 PM »

All is quiet
July 10, 2011 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

An area check around noon today, and I didn’t see any peregrines in the area. I couldn’t even spot Rhea Mae or Tiago. I think they are must be tucked away in the shade. I’ll return later, perhaps they’ll reappear in the evening.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:41:50 PM »

Good to see you Rhea Mae!  wub2

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:31:35 PM »

I think she is still there

Anatole France
anneintoronto
« Reply #1092 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:44:10 PM »

I was down in the area of the Sheraton Hotel today, around 1:30pm, and stood around looking for peregrines, at this point, any peregrines!!  I'd been down that way several times last week and didn't see any of them.  Today, I did see one adult, I think, sitting on the north side of the Sheraton's roof, while I was walking across City Hall's plaza.  And on the other side, I saw another peregrine on the corner of the roof of 130 Adelaide, but couldn't tell if it was a juvie or an adult...  I didn't have my good binoculars with me -- I was too hot to carry them...  So was only using a small, light pair I have, which aren't much good...  And then I saw another pair soaring way up high, straight overhead.  They were way too high for me to identify, but they sure were magnificent!!  As it was above 90F and very humid today, I was actually surprised that I saw any action at all.  So counted myself really lucky to be graced with such a display!  I will be down about the same time tomorrow, by chance.  If it is a bit cooler, I'll carry my better binoculars and hopefully I'll have something more specific to report!

Anne in Toronto
anneintoronto
« Reply #1093 on: 13-Jul-11, 12:16:16 AM »

I went down to Rhea Mae & Tiago's neighbourhood again today to have lunch with Zoe, a fellow fledge watcher and now a new friend.  We were in the little courtyard across the street, below the Sheraton Hotel, a good place for watching for peregrines, but I/we saw zip!  I guess it was way too hot and humid for the RM/T family and they were all hiding in the shade...hopefully closer to the lake, where it is always cooler!

After Zoe returned to work, I walked over to 18 King Street East, another downtown Toronto peregrine site to the east.  It's not very far and I walked through that small but wonderful Cloud Gardens on my way.  It was so cool in there under the abundant trees, with the luscious foliage.

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Gardens ]

I stayed for a while, before I trundled on.  At King E. I saw one beautifully white breasted adult on the south end of the nest site ledge and one juvie, a little smaller and tawny in colour, at the opposite end.  Both very still, in the shade, trying to keep cool, I presume.  While wandering around, looking for the other juvie and adult, I heard a demanding kakking, but couldn't locate the source, with the moderately tall buildings around...  Bet someone wanted some food!  But, although I couldn't see the peregrine responsible, it was great to hear!!

Anne in Toronto
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 13-Jul-11, 05:51:31 AM »

I went down to Rhea Mae & Tiago's neighbourhood again today to have lunch with Zoe, a fellow fledge watcher and now a new friend.  We were in the little courtyard across the street, below the Sheraton Hotel, a good place for watching for peregrines, but I/we saw zip!  I guess it was way too hot and humid for the RM/T family and they were all hiding in the shade...hopefully closer to the lake, where it is always cooler!

After Zoe returned to work, I walked over to 18 King Street East, another downtown Toronto peregrine site to the east.  It's not very far and I walked through that small but wonderful Cloud Gardens on my way.  It was so cool in there under the abundant trees, with the luscious foliage.

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Gardens ]

I stayed for a while, before I trundled on.  At King E. I saw one beautifully white breasted adult on the south end of the nest site ledge and one juvie, a little smaller and tawny in colour, at the opposite end.  Both very still, in the shade, trying to keep cool, I presume.  While wandering around, looking for the other juvie and adult, I heard a demanding kakking, but couldn't locate the source, with the moderately tall buildings around...  Bet someone wanted some food!  But, although I couldn't see the peregrine responsible, it was great to hear!!

Anne in Toronto

I think this was asked but I'm asking again. What is the distance from Sheraton and King St? I can't believe 2 nests that close and no one enters each others air space? Look at B and U, 5 miles apart!!

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: