THE FORUM

19-Mar-24, 06:09:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 438952 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: 13-Jan-19, 11:02:31 AM »

Betty Ann has posted a nice video of Cadence taken yesterday. She gets more beautiful every time I see her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sYoXVAKNpAU
Under Cadence is her mate.

LOL..I was so busy gazing at her I didn't even notice him there  blindfold laugh
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1002

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: 15-Jan-19, 08:51:47 AM »

Thanks Carly! Always nice to see our beautiful Cadence.  clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: 19-Feb-19, 06:38:01 PM »

Posted to Union County, a friend gave me a heads up.  Cadence has been found injured after a battle.  Sad

"I got word from Kathy that after the battle, 91/BA was found and recovered injured on the ground outside of the courthouse. She is being transferred to The Raptor Trust and has injuries to her wing and leg. When Kathy gets an update then I will let you know what I hear."  Posted by Ben Wurst.

http://www.conservewildlifenj.org/education/uc-falconcam/?fbclid=IwAR1j1ALYqnyJNrKBL3hFyHOB5MAZWTHDtaA3UvwKrFPnH8EAQZ1C8ZJgapU#comment-4345318102

Details on this site too in comments:

http://ucnj.org/falcon/

« Last Edit: 19-Feb-19, 06:54:29 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: 19-Feb-19, 07:50:50 PM »

Encouraging news from Betty Ann on her condition:

Betty Ann Kelly
Hello Observers: Our resident female falcon, BA/91 was rescued today after being seen limping in a parking lot across the street from the County Courthouse. We took her to the Raptor Trust (a rehab place for raptors and other birds) in Millington, NJ where she will be cared for. At first glance, it appears that she sustained injuries to a wing and also to her leg. We will keep you updated on her progress but I can tell you that despite her injuries she looked good. We now have a new and what appears to be unbanded female!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: 19-Feb-19, 08:14:29 PM »

Encouraging news from Betty Ann on her condition:

Betty Ann Kelly
Hello Observers: Our resident female falcon, BA/91 was rescued today after being seen limping in a parking lot across the street from the County Courthouse. We took her to the Raptor Trust (a rehab place for raptors and other birds) in Millington, NJ where she will be cared for. At first glance, it appears that she sustained injuries to a wing and also to her leg. We will keep you updated on her progress but I can tell you that despite her injuries she looked good. We now have a new and what appears to be unbanded female!

Sad news to hear...that site is cursed.  Thanks for posting, Carly.  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: 19-Feb-19, 08:41:59 PM »

Well it's a prime location for access to food and visibility of the territory so no surprise it's well sought after.  I'm hoping her wing injury isn't too serious and she can eventually be released and find a new site .  She has proven to be a very strong female and as we saw when she worked so hard the last two years to keep those kids fed.   I wish the new female luck..she's going to need it given the resident male's strength is not consistent food provision.  It's a sad reality with the population increasing that turnover will be higher now. Thankfully she was found right away and rescued, it could have ended much worse.  Her mother Beauty came back stronger after her battle and injuries so she has some good genes on that side of her family through her and Dorothy. Even DC came back after that male temporarily sidelined him so there is hope she will go on to nest again somewhere.
« Last Edit: 19-Feb-19, 09:02:26 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: 19-Feb-19, 09:12:39 PM »

Saw on BCAW:

Hi Guys: Kathy at Raptor Trust was pleased to see how "beefy" BA/91 was. She sustained leg and wing injuries and we hope to know more tomorrow. When we captured her she was still able to hop around and do a short "flight" or two across the parking lot. It was a bit tricky as employees wanted to leave for the day so we had to delay them a bit while we worked to catch her. To do that, two of us distracted her while we threw a blanket over her and picked her up and placed her in a box for transport. We were very fortunate that a county employee who was very familiar with the falcon cam site knew to call us.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: 19-Feb-19, 09:25:57 PM »

Saw on BCAW:

Hi Guys: Kathy at Raptor Trust was pleased to see how "beefy" BA/91 was. She sustained leg and wing injuries and we hope to know more tomorrow. When we captured her she was still able to hop around and do a short "flight" or two across the parking lot. It was a bit tricky as employees wanted to leave for the day so we had to delay them a bit while we worked to catch her. To do that, two of us distracted her while we threw a blanket over her and picked her up and placed her in a box for transport. We were very fortunate that a county employee who was very familiar with the falcon cam site knew to call us.

More encouraging news - that she is able to fly is a good sign,might just be bruising I hope!  Hang in there Cadence!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: 20-Feb-19, 02:50:14 AM »

Hopefully she will heal quickly and stay out of trouble once she's released!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
bev.
Eyas

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: 20-Feb-19, 02:32:51 PM »

so sorry to hear about Cadence. Cry I know it was an awful year , the year she took over. Fighting was fierce and Lot of hard feelings.
But I am always of the opinion, that I  tend to support the resident female at the time but have the heart enough to know , that the one that takes  over, is not nasty or mean, just doing what instincts tell it: look for a site to breed.  Cadence has proved to be strong and probably just had a mistep. ( costly one)

so I hope CAdence heals quickly and when released, she will probably go back to Union. So I am hoping for  the best possible outcome for all involved. I do not wish ill to female that is there now.
WE will just wait an d see.

thos e that know me, know that I have had to go through thi s several times at the sites I monitor in Edmonton. It never gets easy, but you have to have an open heart.
hugs ot you all. Speedy recovery Cadence. wub2
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: 20-Feb-19, 03:38:41 PM »

Update from Betty Ann:

The vet at Raptor Trust will be in tomorrow and xrays will be taken to see the extent of BA/91's injuries. For now, she is standing upright and being given fluids and kept warm. More info on Friday.

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 20-Feb-19, 03:40:49 PM »

Speedy recovery for Cadence.

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 21-Feb-19, 11:46:21 AM »

Bev, thanks for your kind thoughts. I was given the honor of naming Cadence in 2015 and saw her thru 2 breeding seasons online. I too know in my heart they are just doing what peregrines do. We are lucky when we can watch a pair for 5 years or more. The young generation is just as determined as Cadence was at 2-3 years of age. Changeover is evident. I just wish I could have watched her more. 

so sorry to hear about Cadence. Cry I know it was an awful year , the year she took over. Fighting was fierce and Lot of hard feelings.
But I am always of the opinion, that I  tend to support the resident female at the time but have the heart enough to know , that the one that takes  over, is not nasty or mean, just doing what instincts tell it: look for a site to breed.  Cadence has proved to be strong and probably just had a mistep. ( costly one)

so I hope CAdence heals quickly and when released, she will probably go back to Union. So I am hoping for  the best possible outcome for all involved. I do not wish ill to female that is there now.
WE will just wait an d see.

thos e that know me, know that I have had to go through thi s several times at the sites I monitor in Edmonton. It never gets easy, but you have to have an open heart.
hugs ot you all. Speedy recovery Cadence. wub2
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1228 on: 22-Feb-19, 01:08:43 PM »

OMG. I feel so bad for Cadence.  Fingers crossed hat she can be released and start a family some place else, like near to me.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: 22-Feb-19, 01:53:04 PM »

Update from Betty Ann:  Sad

Hello. Here is an update on our injured peregrine falcon and the new falcon:

I just learned that the female, 91/BA (band number) has a fractured metacarpal (wing/shoulder) that fortunately was nicely lined up and splinted. Metacarpal fractures take a very long time to heal, so she will be there for several months. Kathy Clark, Supervising Zoologist with NJ Division Fish & Wildlife, said she can be released only when she is fully healed and after any new chicks have fledged at the courthouse because she would likely interfere with the new falcon pair and family. So, at minimum she will be there until late summer.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: