THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:11:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009473 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: 03-Jan-14, 10:29:19 AM »

Canadian Peregrine Foundation
So it would seem that our mystery girl from Ohio, banded in 2012, was not the second female at the CBC tower in 2012. Photos from that discovery of the second pair show a female in adult-ish plumage and this girl would have been a juvenile. I have yet to check my photos from last year at the Chrysler building but it looks like this little girl from the University of Toledo nest site is not the original second female in Windsor. More as this mystery unfolds!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 03-Jan-14, 10:45:11 AM »

Yes Patsy you are correct.  She was named to honor the fallen Unity by the folks at University of Toledo.  Cynthia posted the news here at the time of the banding:

http://rfalconcam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7750.0
Thanks, Carly!  I wonder how I missed that thread.  What a wonderful tribute. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 05-Jan-14, 01:16:49 PM »

I saw this on on the end of my block eating a duck, I live in Windsor Ontario on the 600 block of Kildare road. He appears to have a tags on both of his legs.

Garett on FB

CPF: Thank you Garett for this outstanding photo!! This could very well be our mystery girl in Windsor that is with the unbanded male at the Chrysler building. From what I could gather so far, she was hatched in 2012 to Belle and Allen and her name is either Unity II or Aura. When I know more we shall post but it looks like this is our girl from the second Windsor nest!

Another Duck hunter!  Shocked

Unity II?  Oh, how lovely!  I didn't know Unity had a namesake born after Unity's death.  And am I correct in thinking she would be Unity's sister as well? 
and Beauty's niece
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 12-Jan-14, 10:42:14 AM »

Canadian Peregrine Foundation
Bruce was out to visit Yellow Pages this morning and found Rueben on the nest building but had no sign of Linn. She may have been out hunting as it was the right time of day for it. He then stopped in at Duncan Mill Road for a look for Skye and Quest and they weren't home at the time of his visit. He is currently at ICICI and has Chester on the sign of the nest building and is hoping for a peek at Jenna.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 03-Feb-14, 06:17:40 PM »

Some old posts just made their way to CPF..check this one out, the band looks like it could be 97/BA - Rosetta was 96/BA so I'm thinking likely out your way.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2014/02/sightings/banded-juvenile-peregrine-spotted-niagara-river-near-fort-erie/
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 03-Feb-14, 06:19:48 PM »

And more exciting news!!

! A love relationalship developing in Whitby Ontario, - Simcoe (from Toronto Ont.) and Alfrieda from Buffalo NY. USA

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2014/02/sightings/a-love-relationalship-developing-in-whitby-ontario-simcoe-from-toronto-ont-and-alfrieda-from-buffalo-ny-usa/

ps:  Simcoe is from Haven and Stormin at Yonge and Eglington in case you forgot.   handshake  So both descendants of M&K then?  Or is my memory faulty here?
« Last Edit: 03-Feb-14, 06:32:15 PM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 03-Feb-14, 07:55:11 PM »

And more exciting news!!

! A love relationalship developing in Whitby Ontario, - Simcoe (from Toronto Ont.) and Alfrieda from Buffalo NY. USA

ps:  Simcoe is from Haven and Stormin at Yonge and Eglington in case you forgot.   handshake  So both descendants of M&K then?  Or is my memory faulty here?

That is correct...Alfreda is M&Ks granddaughter (Diamante's daughter-and Pigott's niece) and Simcoe is M&K's great grandson!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 03-Feb-14, 08:14:56 PM »

And more exciting news!!

ps:  Simcoe is from Haven and Stormin at Yonge and Eglington in case you forgot.   handshake  So both descendants of M&K then?  Or is my memory faulty here?

That is correct...Alfreda is M&Ks granddaughter (Diamante's daughter-and Pigott's niece) and Simcoe is M&K's great grandson!

Thanks Kitty  thumbsup  It really is a small world after all  wub2
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 03-Feb-14, 08:39:03 PM »

And more exciting news!!

Thanks Kitty  thumbsup  It really is a small world after all  wub2

I just went into my family tree and I noticed Simcoe was banded as a female...guess we'll find out the truth in due time!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 04-Feb-14, 09:45:20 AM »

!! Banded Juvenile peregrine spotted - Niagara River - near Fort Erie!
November 17, 2013 - International, National and Local News

CPF Postmaster Reports:

Good morning.

November 17th - 2013
My friend and I were out birding the Niagara River yesterday (Sunday November 17th) when we saw this Juvenile perched high up in a tree. Sorry the lighting was awful so the photo isn’t very good but I thought you might be interested and hoped you could identify it by the leg bands. I don’t know the name of the park but it was at the head of the river near the Fort Erie historical site and it was 11:20am.
The photos have been colour and light edited to see if the leg band number can be more visible.

Cheers.

Paul Reeves
Photography

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2014/02/sightings/banded-juvenile-peregrine-spotted-niagara-river-near-fort-erie/  pics here

Looks like 19/AB   18/AB   BL/GR

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 04-Feb-14, 10:04:44 AM »

Funny...I read it as 97/BA...which would be the next number after Rosetta.

Any other opinions?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 04-Feb-14, 10:20:06 AM »

Any other opinions?
That's how I read it too Kitty!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 04-Feb-14, 10:27:01 AM »

Any other opinions?
That's how I read it too Kitty!

I thought the same!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 04-Feb-14, 10:47:38 AM »

Or 79 AB even tho 97 BA makes more sense confused0083

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 04-Feb-14, 10:58:34 AM »

Ya them too!!   devil wub2

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: