THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:45:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078588 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: 13-Mar-15, 02:50:57 PM »

Oh no... Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 13-Mar-15, 05:21:58 PM »

Sad turn of events, but not totally unexpected either. Hope Madame X is out there doing well...

Meanwhile...purple USFWS band is midwest. They've only relatively recently started using black/green bands. There are 14 with B/G *P/* (sideways P-in the black-band is upside down) from 2007 through 2012. Mostly Michigan with 3 Indiana & 2 Kentucky, all but one banded as female. I'd guess there are notes somewhere of a B/G band put on upside down in one of those places.

This pic is from the Hamilton FB page by Charles Gregory

From the Hamilton archive. She's very dark. Reminds me a bit of Beauty.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 13-Mar-15, 11:26:01 PM »

Sad turn of events, but not totally unexpected either. Hope Madame X is out there doing well...

Meanwhile...purple USFWS band is midwest. They've only relatively recently started using black/green bands. There are 14 with B/G *P/* (sideways P-in the black-band is upside down) from 2007 through 2012. Mostly Michigan with 3 Indiana & 2 Kentucky, all but one banded as female. I'd guess there are notes somewhere of a B/G band put on upside down in one of those places.

I also saved a pic from the cam today of a bird with a black/green band. I was not happy to see that.

Midwest birds were banded black/green up to and including 2008. In 2009, they began using black/red.

I hope Madame X is okay.

What a horrible year this has been so far.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 14-Mar-15, 07:36:57 AM »

I also saved a pic from the cam today of a bird with a black/green band. I was not happy to see that.

Midwest birds were banded black/green up to and including 2008. In 2009, they began using black/red.

I hope Madame X is okay.

I do apologize-I should have researched my band color/years rather than relying on my memory.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 14-Mar-15, 09:51:27 AM »

The winds of change. I hope that Madame X is OK.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 14-Mar-15, 06:56:46 PM »

I hope Madame X is okay.

I feel so sorry for madame x and surge.This is one of my favorite sites.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 16-Mar-15, 01:49:04 PM »

!!! New Male on Site - Positively ID’d
March 16, 2015 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre

Kathy Reports:

This morning I noticed the male had a dark band on his left leg and some other distinguishing features that were not attributed to our resident male Jack.

Tracy was kind enough to come down to the site and has just positively ID’d our new male as Lucky - who was previously seen romancing Quest until the Don Mills resident male Skey returned from migration last week.

We are attempting to determine if Jack is at his other site and will return or if this is settled.  O’Connor and he have been bowing to each other so she is certainly welcoming him which may indicate a territorial battle over the weekend.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 16-Mar-15, 01:54:59 PM »

!!! New Male on Site - Positively ID’d
March 16, 2015 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre

Kathy Reports:

This morning I noticed the male had a dark band on his left leg and some other distinguishing features that were not attributed to our resident male Jack.

Tracy was kind enough to come down to the site and has just positively ID’d our new male as Lucky - who was previously seen romancing Quest until the Don Mills resident male Skey returned from migration last week.

We are attempting to determine if Jack is at his other site and will return or if this is settled.  O’Connor and he have been bowing to each other so she is certainly welcoming him which may indicate a territorial battle over the weekend.

Just read your post on CPF.  Wow..so many changes..like musical chairs!! I hope Jack is OK.  Shocked

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:00:34 PM »

This is why I LOVE quiet and peaceful falcon watches.  Hope Jack is with O'Connor and is ok.  Happy that Lucky is ok too.  So many changes!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:03:46 PM »

Oh no, not Jack too!! I want a do over of the whole season so far!!  Sad

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:10:30 PM »

Oh my goodness! Shocked

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:11:47 PM »

Maybe Jack will just stay with his other mate and be happy with 1!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:13:23 PM »

Maybe so.  Hey, Jack's boy Dot.ca seems to have forgotten about Pigott and is happy with Beauty right now.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:14:52 PM »

Poor Lucky doesn't seem very lucky.  He avoided tangling with Skye only to fly into the territory of Skye's dad, Jack.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 16-Mar-15, 02:15:15 PM »

Maybe so.  Hey, Jack's boy Dot.ca seems to have forgotten about Pigott and is happy with Beauty right now.

DC's a changed man!!! I hope!  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: