THE FORUM

24-Apr-24, 02:04:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 204   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1211537 times)
DebbieB
Fluffball

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: 25-May-11, 05:44:57 PM »

Sad
 crying
So sad.  Will Archer and Beauty dispose of it?   Is that a little chick I am seeing when I enlarge the picture?
Hopefully that is the first egg that was laid. 

Hopeful words from Mark Nash that A and B could reclutch.   

Both A and B seem very quiet today on the nest.   

That's what I was wondering, if there is a chick in there.  If it was infertile, wouldn't liquid be coming out? 
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 25-May-11, 05:54:21 PM »

Egg is going to be removed right now.

Carla, Beauty has a stone in her mouth

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 25-May-11, 06:00:45 PM »

I love this one,but that's not what I saw.She was eating at it and you could see her thinking.....how to pull it over the edge,then she layed down on it.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 25-May-11, 06:05:47 PM »

My thoughts on this cracked egg and I am certainly no expert.  I believe it was empty, without a yolk.  I do not see any evidence of leakage from this egg, on or near the cracked section egg.  A&B don't seem to be in any hurry to dispose of this egg.  Normally they would.  They did last year.

Mark Nash told me that if there is any leakage from a broken/cracked egg, it must be removed as soon as possible.  This is due to the damage that it may cause to their feathers.  

I'm still not giving up hope for the last two eggs, which seem to be intact.  There may be no hatches in Rochester this year, but I won't give up until A&B give up.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 25-May-11, 07:17:29 PM »

Egg is gone...First over the edge and then she picked it up and flew away with it.Was it stil Beauty on the eggs?
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 25-May-11, 07:26:12 PM »

She takes it away

« Last Edit: 25-May-11, 07:32:19 PM by ginha » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 25-May-11, 07:27:53 PM »

Egg is gone...First over the edge and then she picked it up and flew away with it.Was it stil Beauty on the eggs?

Definitely empty...at least we know...sigh...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 25-May-11, 08:15:49 PM »

Beauty  heart Archer it's ok  you are doing your best

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 25-May-11, 08:29:42 PM »

If you enlarge the photo and look closely, it sure looked like it was NOT empty.  The little one just didn't survive.

crying
brobeta
Pipping

Like Count: 7

Backyard bird watching at its best!

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 25-May-11, 08:37:21 PM »

If you enlarge the photo and look closely, it sure looked like it was NOT empty.  The little one just didn't survive.

crying

Yea, I just did the same thing - looks fairly certain there is an embryo in the egg.  Too bad but at least fertile - maybe there is renewed hope for the remaining eggs.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: 25-May-11, 08:39:20 PM »

crying
I respectfully disagree-the only thing I see in there is the caved in piece of shell-just further caved in than it was earlier.  But that's just my opinion.  I certainly could be wrong.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 25-May-11, 09:52:09 PM »

I've watched B pick at pebbles, but that is one ODD looking stone. 
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 25-May-11, 10:14:47 PM »

My thoughts on this cracked egg and I am certainly no expert.  I believe it was empty, without a yolk.  I do not see any evidence of leakage from this egg, on or near the cracked section egg.  A&B don't seem to be in any hurry to dispose of this egg.  Normally they would.  They did last year.

Mark Nash told me that if there is any leakage from a broken/cracked egg, it must be removed as soon as possible.  This is due to the damage that it may cause to their feathers.  

I'm still not giving up hope for the last two eggs, which seem to be intact.  There may be no hatches in Rochester this year, but I won't give up until A&B give up.

It's funny that you post this, Carol, I think I remember that from last year -- that a leaking egg could be "toxic"  or at least "not good"  for the birds.   
I don't know about the egg being empty.  I enlarged it earlier and it certainly looked like somthing was in there to me..IMHO. 
Did anyone else enlarge and zoom in on the image that I think Donna or Ei posted?   It was this afternoon.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 25-May-11, 10:19:47 PM »

It's funny that you post this, Carol, I think I remember that from last year -- that a leaking egg could be "toxic"  or at least "not good"  for the birds.   
I don't know about the egg being empty.  I enlarged it earlier and it certainly looked like somthing was in

there to me..IMHO. 
Did anyone else enlarge and zoom in on the image that I think Donna or Ei posted?   It was this afternoon.

I did and also thought there was something in there but I guess, with it gone, we'll never know for sure.

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 25-May-11, 11:25:28 PM »

I did too, but all I saw was a piece of the shell. Maybe some dried yoke.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 204   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: